Jones's Injury Issue Craziness

Here is the deal. He says he was on the phone with parents all morning shooting down rumors about injuries. I'll call it now that's a lie. If a kid is hurt he has probably already spoken with his parents about the injury. Second he keeps saying these are kids. No, they are adults. At 18 you can go to college, join the military, go into the work force what ever you decide to do no one can stop you. He says respect the players, well coach respect us, the fans who shell out big money for tickets every week to come watch you play. The fans who spend there hard earned money on UT gear and hotels and what not to come watch and cheer for the team we love. Some of us generally are concerned with the players health not just the score on Saturday. For guys like Sutton and JRM we hate it for them not only cause they could really help the team but they sacrificed millions to come back and play. You don't want media or people starting rumors about injuries than sack up stop being petty with your huge ego and tell us what's going on. That's the only way these rumors stop. It's his fault not the media not ours his.

Again, we as fans have no need to know when it comes to injuries. The patients are entitled to confidentiality when it comes to their injuries. Why, as a fan, is there a need to know about the injury?? As stated earlier, I'm a physician, but I'm not the team's physician so there is no need for me to know anything about their injuries. I can't treat them, so what good would my having knowledge of their medical condition do?? None. Let the team physician's be the ones who concern themselves with the injuries, & we as fans concern ourselves with supporting our team!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't blame Butch for not disclosing injuries. A lot of schools don't. But fans are going to speculate. The local sports media puts a lot out on Twitter that gets misinterpreted and leads to rumors. Hard to control media that values clicks more than facts.

Reactions: 1 person
Coaches constantly lie from the NFL on down to the college level about injuries so there isn't a point to getting upset about the lack of information.

Throw in HIPAA and/or FERPA and Jones likely isn't allowed to comment publicly on injuries without a player's consent.

Jones can definitely get a little sanctimonious about things but this isn't in his control.

Calm down cowboy... I understand what you are saying, but would bleacher report have to tweet stuff out like that if we were told what's happening. Just my opinion but it seems to me that if we were told what was going on than bleacher report wouldn't have to tweet out false stories and lies.

What part of "it's none of your business" do you not understand? CBJ is supposed to worry that you're upset about a false story you read on Twitter?

Really, the way this is going on and on and ON is absurd.

Sure.....just like every other Marine.

I also remember sitting in an AAV in 29 palms for hours waiting for a turtle to move. I was in 2/6 in the late 90s.

When? I was with scouts 2nd tanks then, but have been with 2/5 2/2, and now with my avatar

SIAP, but....

In college, players have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO PRIVACY REGARDING INJURIES. This is an NCAA policy, and cannot be changed by any school. So even if Butch was inclined to release information, which he really seems not to want to, he has to get the permission of each individual player injured.

College coaches ARE NOT REQUIRED to release injury information, and are forbidden to do so unless the student athlete approves it.

This is different than the NFL, where coaches are REQUIRED to release information. It's a half-hearted and likely insincere effort to prevent betting on football games, or at best an attempt to prevent inside injury information from being traded.

So Butch is right. He doesn't have to say squat about any injury and often cannot. So deal with it.:)

SIAP, but....

In college, players have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO PRIVACY REGARDING INJURIES. This is an NCAA policy, and cannot be changed by any school. So even if Butch was inclined to release information, which he really seems not to want to, he has to get the permission of each individual player injured.

College coaches ARE NOT REQUIRED to release injury information, and are forbidden to do so unless the student athlete approves it.

This is different than the NFL, where coaches are REQUIRED to release information. It's a half-hearted and likely insincere effort to prevent betting on football games, or at best an attempt to prevent inside injury information from being traded.

So Butch is right. He doesn't have to say squat about any injury and often cannot. So deal with it.:)

But but.......but...but fans...fans have a right to know cause....??cause we are fans and ...it somehow effects the way we live our lives until the Vols take the field next saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
Ya I'm not a lawyer nor did I go to school for criminal justice, so I suppose I do no understand the laws, but help me understand the facts my man. Is there any reason to bring up IQs in this conversation. My opinion may differ from yours and that's fine. I respect your opinion on the matter so please share, but to actually question my IQ is asinine. Your on the same message board as I'am so please share your opinion, and you won't get a childish response back.

You respond to someone questioning your IQ with this? I'M not trying to play grammar police, but you can't respond with that many errors when someone questions YOUR intelligence.

97-00, then weapons at Parris Island, then recruiting duty. Went reserve after that. Himar battery, engineer unit and now with a MALS

99-2003, scouts 2nd tanks, 2/6-, 2/2 CAAT. 05-08. Div training center 08-10. EOD since then, now teaching at the EOD school house.

VN Store

Back