Josh Dobbs in rare company

And there are some here saying they're happy he'll be gone.

Really sad that some people can't appreciate what a special talent he is.

And there was one person here saying he hoped FL would curb-stomp Dobbs (i.e. this team).

Really sad that at least one person couldn't appreciate what a special game that was to be / would desire this team to lose the most important game of the season.

It's amazing to me how this team and Dobbs did persevere thru that type of trash talk from a fan.

Reactions: 3 people
You can do better than all of this

I could, but it'd too complicated for the people that thought somehow UF losing to LSU makes Dobbs and Butch worse that they were on Friday.

I'm trying to celebrate a great Vol. Others want to talk about how rough their cycles are this month.

Josh Dobbs, I will miss you greatly.

Reactions: 7 people
Dobbs was a delight to watch. I imagine if he'd had a formidable Oline all 3.5 years and a quality QB coach and coordinator he would be a Heisman candidate and early NFL draft pick. Great kid and great story. Don't count him out in NFL.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs was a delight to watch. I imagine if he'd had a formidable Oline all 3.5 years and a quality QB coach and coordinator he would be a Heisman candidate and early NFL draft pick. Great kid and great story. Don't count him out in NFL.

No doubt. He's accounted for 81 TDs with 2 games left.

Peyton accounted for 102.

Casey Clausen for 81

Heath Shuler for 50 (yes I know he left early)

Completion ℅
Peyton 62.5
Shuler 61.6
Clausen 61.0
Dobbs 60.4
Tee 55%

Reactions: 3 people
I could, but it'd too complicated for the people that thought somehow UF losing to LSU makes Dobbs and Butch worse that they were on Friday.

I'm trying to celebrate a great Vol. Others want to talk about how rough their cycles are this month.

Josh Dobbs, I will miss you greatly.

I like Dobbs and will miss him. That's not what we were talking about

To me, anyone that said they wanted him benched this season did.

Just felt like he should've came out a couple of series in the SC game. See what was going on out there, calm down then get back out there. That should've happened. Not the same as being bench. He was a special player and talent and most of the time fun to watch. He was not a perfect player by any means. Locked in on guys and footwork could be bad but still a very good and special kid.

Reactions: 1 person

No doubt. He has the upside. Its just a question of right fit and opportunity.

With the right team and coaching staff he can be special.

Would be interesting to see what he could have done with extra redshirt year and a quality QB Coach??

Ex. what would Cutcliffe have done with him??

Would be interesting to see what he could have done with extra redshirt year and a quality QB Coach??

Ex. what would Cutcliffe had done with him??

Given our roster, Dobbs would have been a 1, maybe 2, year QB.... Seeing how coaching has revitalized Peterman, Cut wouldn't necessarily have ensured Dobbs would be the starter.... Imagine had Ferguson stayed.... Who is the starter... Cut rotated 3 QB's in one year for 8 games at Ole Miss..... Cut would have had too many quality QB's at his disposal to decide on one.

VN Store

Back