Josh Heupel Stories

VolNWA

I am really starting to like Coach Josh Heupel a TON. Best of all, he seems down to Earth.

Seeing as I reside in the Pacific Northwest, I have a low chance of interacting with him.

So, I am curious to hear if he really is as genuine and humble as he seems, and how he really is to be around. If you have a story about Coach. I'd love to hear it - Fist bump, conversation, if he helped ypu change your baby's diaper JK that sort of thing. Even something funny he said.

Thanks!

VolNWA

I am really starting to like Coach Josh Heupel a TON. Best of all, he seems down to Earth.

Seeing as I reside in the Pacific Northwest, I have a low chance of interacting with him.

So, I am curious to hear if he really is as genuine and humble as he seems, and how he really is to be around. If you have a story about Coach. I'd love to hear it - Fist bump, conversation, if he helped ypu change your baby's diaper JK that sort of thing. Even something funny he said.

Thanks!

VolNWA
well after Saturday night he made people make 854,459 people have new kids in the next 9 months,, so creating potential recruits for the school in about 18 years or so

I shook his hand one time like 15 years or so ago.

Used to have a fantastic hookup at the Cotton Bowl for the Texas/Oklahoma game Heupel was an assistant at OU then I'm thinking it was 2009-ish. They still had Sam Bradford as QB I know that much.

Anyway, was kinda hanging out with my buddy kind of in a hallway (we or rather he had all access and I was just tagging along). Got to see both teams enter and handshakes from a few. Heupel was one of the ones who shook me hand as he walked by. Nothing special about the circumstances and he was just shaking every hand he saw I guess.

Also, in case you really wanna know-I am just a tick over 5'10. I had to bend my head down to look Kyler Murray in the eyes when I saw OU enter about 5 years ago. I had on Air Jesus' and he had on dress shoes with a heel.

Guy I work with, from SD, went to church with Josh and his family and worked with Josh in the youth group. He says Josh and his family are authentic, what we are seeing is a reflection of his upbringing and the personality we see highlights the character of his family. He couldn’t be happier for Josh and our fan base.

Thanks!

VolNWA
Last season at Vol Calls after he was done with the broadcast and answering questions he came table to table, actually sitting down and thanking everyone for coming out and showing support. I just thought he was really down to earth, genuine, and was spending 5-10 minutes talking football, family, and anything else you wanted to talk about.

I was sitting at a Vol basketball game last winter, on the end seat of an aisle. During a timeout break, Coach Heupel came walking up the steps beside me with his family behind. No one else noticed him, or if they did, they didn’t say anything. I most certainly did, and said “hey Coach.” Josh said, “hey everybody. How’s everybody doing tonight? That was cool, at least for me.

I remember Josh on the 2000 Oklahoma team that completely shut down an 11-0 FSU team 13-2 in the National Championship Game.

Reactions: HeadVol77
i work with a ucf fan and he hates heupel lol. i cant even get him to admit that heupel is a good fit for tennessee. he claims that he runs a dysfunctional locker room, destroyed what frost had built, and that he left ucf in shambles. he also says that he cant recruit and the success he's having a tennessee is because of pruitt's players. i just laugh. i even stopped and asked what he thought of the heupel and tennessee union after the alabama game and the first thing he said was "that it wasnt his players". hilarous.

I remember Josh on the 2000 Oklahoma team that completely shut down an 11-0 FSU team 13-2 in the National Championship Game.
Wow, yeah, I never put this particular 2+2 together before ...

Josh Heupel's only national championship experience thus far is beating Florida State for the title.

Tennessee's only national championship experience thus far in most of our lifetimes is beating Florida State for the title.

Match made in heaven.

Go Vols!

Thanks!

VolNWA
Don't have a story, just curious what part of NW you live in? I work out at JBLM.

i work with a ucf fan and he hates heupel lol. i cant even get him to admit that heupel is a good fit for tennessee. he claims that he runs a dysfunctional locker room, destroyed what frost had built, and that he left ucf in shambles. he also says that he cant recruit and the success he's having a tennessee is because of pruitt's players. i just laugh. i even stopped and asked what he thought of the heupel and tennessee union after the alabama game and the first thing he said was "that it wasnt his players". hilarous.

UCF claims Scott Frost is a Natty caliber HC.

We all saw what happened at Nebraska

So apologies to UCF fans for not believing your analysis of HCs

I shook his hand one time like 15 years or so ago.

Used to have a fantastic hookup at the Cotton Bowl for the Texas/Oklahoma game Heupel was an assistant at OU then I'm thinking it was 2009-ish. They still had Sam Bradford as QB I know that much.

Anyway, was kinda hanging out with my buddy kind of in a hallway (we or rather he had all access and I was just tagging along). Got to see both teams enter and handshakes from a few. Heupel was one of the ones who shook me hand as he walked by. Nothing special about the circumstances and he was just shaking every hand he saw I guess.

Also, in case you really wanna know-I am just a tick over 5'10. I had to bend my head down to look Kyler Murray in the eyes when I saw OU enter about 5 years ago. I had on Air Jesus' and he had on dress shoes with a heel.

Too funny.

Don't have a story, just curious what part of NW you live in? I work out at JBLM.

I live in the Tri-Cities, WA (Yes more than one Tri-Cities) on the dry side of Washingtion east of the Cascades.

Between Oak Ridge where I grew up and the Hanford site here, I've lived around DOE nuclear sites my whole life.
I don't bleed orange, I glow fluorescent orange at night!!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Last season at Vol Calls after he was done with the broadcast and answering questions he came table to table, actually sitting down and thanking everyone for coming out and showing support. I just thought he was really down to earth, genuine, and was spending 5-10 minutes talking football, family, and anything else you wanted to talk about.

That is awesome.

If someone started one of these threads on a Nebraska message board (they have) about Frost it would be filled w/ what a lazy clown he is, who is having alcohol issues and rumors of infidelity. He is also out of a job.

Reactions: VolCalls
There is a moment in a relationship when a couple's switch is flipped and they realize they have found the right partner.
The first inkling of this was Ole Miss last year. I heard him say something that clicked with me "This coach understands the passion of Neyland and the power of an electric fan base".
I've got a the youtube queued up at this statement. He said the same thing after this years Florida game and REALLY emphasized it after Bama. Why would he ever leave?

Here is his comments last year after Ole Miss.

Reactions: VolNWA
I live in the Tri-Cities, WA (Yes more than one Tri-Cities) on the dry side of Washingtion east of the Cascades.

Between Oak Ridge where I grew up and the Hanford site here, I've lived around DOE nuclear sites my whole life.
I don't bleed orange, I glow fluorescent orange at night!!
Oh yea, been out that way many times. Oldest son played in tournaments out that way every year, eventually went to EWU. Lot's of open spaces out there.

Reactions: VolNWA

Pretty sure they can have Frost back, if they want him?

VN Store

Back