JOSH HEUPEL THURSDAY PRESS CONFERENCE (Florida week)

University of Tennessee Athletics - Official Athletics Website

*Josh Heupel on preparing for Florida’s potential to play two quarterbacks: There are subtle differences with those guys. You just have to be ready for both of them.

*Josh Heupel on preparing for noise in The Swamp: You talk about it with your guys and then you go simulate it as best you can. It’s been an emphasis for us all week long.

*Josh Heupel on DL coach Rodney Garner: He’s changed the culture of that room. His resume speaks for itself. He really cares about his guys.

*Right now we’re “not leaning toward” playing two quarterbacks Saturday at Florida.

****And just like that, it's over. Doesn't appear to be much of a talker.
At least he doesn’t say “ we done this wrong” and “ aint” and “ aiiight” every other word

Reactions: Sara Clark
I care very much what bothers me. I could give two flying ***** less if you like it or not. Being bothered by someone’s nasty cough is not grounds for a psychiatrist, moron.
Well, maybe they shouldn't care less what you think as well. Then it could just be your weird little personal issue.

Someone should make a shirt that says *cough* for Heupel like the “aigh’t” shirt they made for Pruitt.

I'm not sure he can coach because of his cough

I’m scared he may give the wrong play call. Remember that Pepsi commercial where Wade Phillips was tired and gave Tony Romo the wrong play? 34 blue halfback *yawn*. Saturday we may get a 23 flea flick-*cough*er

Last edited:
Y'all, the cough is getting to the point it bothers me. It's either a medical issue that he needs to get addressed or it's a nervous tick which shows how uncomfortable he is in this position. Once you start paying attention to the cough it'll be all you hear....

Buy out his contract and move on to a coach who doesn't cough.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I get that but imo you got one like to live so live it. Everyone is gonna die eventually so I'd rather go out on my terms as much as possible
I'm pretty libertarian on most things when it comes to personal behavior.... so long as people are willing to take responsibility for the consequences of their own choices.

If one has a chronic cough (or something similar) then that person has the onus of being polite and giving people space.
No more so than someone who has ugly teeth has the onus for not smiling around people who are offended by it. I know you think you're right here... but you never know what someone else might be struggling with or why. Unless someone is imposing themselves on you then just leave them be.

Y'all, the cough is getting to the point it bothers me. It's either a medical issue that he needs to get addressed or it's a nervous tick which shows how uncomfortable he is in this position. Once you start paying attention to the cough it'll be all you hear....
I understand. I listen to the cough a lot too. I think he keeps a cough drop, but also, we’re in the most pollen plagued place in the country. The fu…ing ragweed has worked me this year too.

4 pages and all we’ve talked about is a cough lol
I have stumbled upon the “woke” cough thread.😮

God forbid he sneezes and doesn’t cover up quick enough at the podium! 🤧
He shall be burned at the stake if that happens!!🔥

Reactions: bpalmer28
He can stand up there and fart if he’s a good coach.

Reactions: Alto1
University of Tennessee Athletics - Official Athletics Website

*Josh Heupel on preparing for Florida’s potential to play two quarterbacks: There are subtle differences with those guys. You just have to be ready for both of them.

*Josh Heupel on preparing for noise in The Swamp: You talk about it with your guys and then you go simulate it as best you can. It’s been an emphasis for us all week long.

*Josh Heupel on DL coach Rodney Garner: He’s changed the culture of that room. His resume speaks for itself. He really cares about his guys.

*Right now we’re “not leaning toward” playing two quarterbacks Saturday at Florida.

****And just like that, it's over. Doesn't appear to be much of a talker.
I feel better

Reactions: Sara Clark
No more so than someone who has ugly teeth has the onus for not smiling around people who are offended by it. I know you think you're right here... but you never know what someone else might be struggling with or why. Unless someone is imposing themselves on you then just leave them be.
Actually, a cough is quite different than ugly teeth. Coughs carry germs. Someone simply smiling does not.

You still need to see a psychiatrist. You have a fetish or obsession that needs attention.
Since you didn’t quote anyone, I’m not sure who you’re responding to. I assume it’s me. Incessant coughing is gross. There is a reason for it. Most likely one that is fixable.
If you don’t like my posts don’t read them or ignore them just as you suggest others do about things they don’t like.

Actually, a cough is quite different than ugly teeth. Coughs carry germs. Someone simply smiling does not.
Just avoid people who do things you don't like. Be tolerant and have the wisdom to know that you DON'T KNOW what their circumstances are.

And no... it isn't all that different. The mouth is a germ factory any way and people with unhealthy teeth are even worse. When we expel breath in any way- cough, talking, yelling, singing, or even breathing... we put germs into the air.

A LOT of the people you are talking about... don't have "more germs". They have allergic responses to histamines.

Since you didn’t quote anyone, I’m not sure who you’re responding to. I assume it’s me. Incessant coughing is gross. There is a reason for it. Most likely one that is fixable.
If you don’t like my posts don’t read them or ignore them just as you suggest others do about things they don’t like.
Oh, I am just concerned for your mental health.

Buy out his contract and move on to a coach who doesn't cough.

Seriously, our multi-million dollar AD never asked the simple question "are your allergies well-controlled by medication"? Are you kidding me?

If we don't boycott Neyland, they'll think they can keep foisting a coughing coach on us.

VN Store

Back