'24 JUCO DL Kemari Copeland

Norman-Lott & Campbell doing well! Thornton and Castles playing - still trying to be effective but the potential is there. Pili would have been in the first group barring the injury. Seems like a pretty good portal performance to me.
Don’t forget Mincey and Jeudy Lally. Keric has been a disappointment so far. But I think overall our portal guys are good.

It took until the 5th game to have a decent OL. The WR we added has not been nearly as good as expected.
Experienced depth is lacking in other areas.
I didn’t say we struck out, but we didn’t exactly hit a homer either
I agree. So far our receiving corps are no where near as good as projected. Where is Thornton?

Webb and Nimrod will replace Bru just fine....Thornton needs to get it together..still haven't seen all the hoopla people were saying about his game...
Thornton always seemed to be more hype than substance, to me. I questioned the hoopla surrounding him all summer. It just seemed like the same song and dance we get from VQ (and others) every offseason. Someone always gets puffed up by the media as the next greatest thing. Losing Tillman and Hyatt made it easy to assume Thornton was going to waltz in and take one of those spots and a lot of fans have falsely believed our offense is plug and play. In truth, Thornton was never featured at Oregon in two years, he had extremely modest production there. Opportunity abounds in our offense, right now. No WR has taken the bull by the horns, and now we're down Bru, as well. Time for Thornton to get healthy and get to playing.

Last edited:
Thornton always seemed to be more hype than substance, to me. I questioned the hoopla surrounding him all summer. It just seemed like the same song and dance we get from VQ (and others) every offseason. Someone always gets puffed up by the media as the next greatest thing. Losing Tillman and Hyatt made it easy to assume Thornton was going to waltz in and take one of those spots and a lot of fans have falsely believed our offense is plug and play. In truth, Thornton was never featured at Oregon in two years, he had extremely modest production there. Opportunity abounds in our offense, right now. No WR has taken the bulk by the horns, and now we're down Bru, as well. Time for Thornton to get healthy and get to playing.
I agree. He is that typical hype associated with an A+ athlete with elite size for the WR position. However he has never shown to be above a B- football player. I think his hands, discipline and football IQ do not match with his athletic ability do you don't see the production of the difference-maker fans imagined.

VN Store

Back