Just my take

I actually think both lines will be improved because they've been in the system for two years. As far as the o-line goes, im hoping they will overacheive unlike last years o-line that underacheived imo.

As far as the D-Line goes, I have not seen enough of Jordan Williams, Owen Williams & Danny O'Brien to say they will be better than last years DT's.
As far as O-Line, I have no idea what to expect of Jacob Gilliam (especially if he is LT). I actually think Coleman Thomas will be a great player, but he will be a frosh. I like Crowder and Kerbyson as well. They are inexperienced in SEC play, but I agree with your point about being with CBJ system for 2 years now for most of the O-Line.

Serious question, I know our players believe they can win but isn't this the mentality of all the teams we're going up against? I mean it's not like Butch is the only coach that has his guys thinking they can win. Well maybe not Muschamp...

It boils down to which team is able to impose their will upon the other team. :aggressive: :bash:

I hope this years team can be similar to the 09 team. They may let a few games that they should of won slip away, but be competitive in just about every single game. Our only blowout losses that season was to Ole Miss, and VT in the bowl game. Like this year, that team had a SR qb that hadn't looked all that good in the past, and only had a handful of very good players at the time. Our talent was mostly young and unproven overall. Our OL that year was pretty much patched together with walk ons, and freshman to go with the little we had returning. That team, and more specifically OL held their own quite well all season. I know we only won 7 games in 09, but I can see this team being like that one.

Last edited:
on this season.Listening to all the interviews by the players and the talk by the coaches,it reminds me of the "little red engine that say's I think I can,I think I can,"
I believe that CBJ and his whole staff,not only believes in the players,but they have the team believeing in the staff.But more inportant,he has the team believeing in them selves.
I see this team being ready for that first game and will blow out Utah and go into Norman at 3-0. Not sure if they will beat OK,but the sooner;s will damn sure know they have been in a fight.
I maybe seeing a lot of orange right now,because I'm really excited about this year,but I see this team going at least 8-4 plus a bowl win.:thumbsup::rock::p

so ok,we can only be 2-0 going into Oka. Guess Butch has me believeing to.LOL

FYI it was a little Blue Engine.

I hope this years team can be similar to the 09 team. They may let a few games that they should of won slip away, but be competitive in just about every single game. Our only blowout losses that season was to Ole Miss, and VT in the bowl game. Like this year, that team had a SR qb that hadn't looked all that good in the past, and only had a handful of very good players at the time. Our talent was mostly young and unproven overall. Our OL that year was pretty much patched together with walk ons, and freshman to go with the little we had returning. That team, and more specifically OL held their own quite well all season. I know we only won 7 games in 09, but I can see this team being like that one.

You should be banned for bringing up that cursed season and he who must not be named.

I kid I kid

I also agree with your thoughts
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree with OP.. GBO. Myself.. I rather we be ranked low and finish high ... than be ranked high and finished low. We all know we have been down way too long. This team is going to be good.... the OL is gonna be good. The DL will hold it's own.... we have some players ..... so turn em loose and let them play. Other teams players will try not to get hit by them because it is really gonna hurt..... and they will be shut down.

your being a hatter.

The_Mad_Hatter_by_sullen_skrewt.jpg

As far as the D-Line goes, I have not seen enough of Jordan Williams, Owen Williams & Danny O'Brien to say they will be better than last years DT's.
As far as O-Line, I have no idea what to expect of Jacob Gilliam (especially if he is LT). I actually think Coleman Thomas will be a great player, but he will be a frosh. I like Crowder and Kerbyson as well. They are inexperienced in SEC play, but I agree with your point about being with CBJ system for 2 years now for most of the O-Line.

I agree with your comments on the players and would add Maggitt and Vereen at DE will aid in the play of the interior line by setting the edge and forcing the play inside my question would be on the play of the OLB's .

The offensive line will be at least as good and for at least the first few games the coaches will help them out with a short passing game and formation schemes until they gain experience as a unit. Improved QB and WR play will also help out the OL in how long they need to sustain their blocks

I agree with OP.. GBO. Myself.. I rather we be ranked low and finish high ... than be ranked high and finished low. We all know we have been down way too long. This team is going to be good.... the OL is gonna be good. The DL will hold it's own.... we have some players ..... so turn em loose and let them play. Other teams players will try not to get hit by them because it is really gonna hurt..... and they will be shut down.

What??????

VN Store

Back