Kaela Davis leaving Ga Tech

I mean I'm sure Holly would have to be assured that Kaela is in charge of Kaela now but after two years in school I'm sure she has matured and decided to be her own person.

I expect Kentucky will try to get involved he tries to get everybody from everywhere. I would suspect Georgia would be a contender. I will be interested in her school list. There is also a chance she forgets college and plays in Europe. That has happened before they don't have the rules that the WNBA has.

Something was certainly happening at Georgia Tech as news release said it was a mutual decision seems the coach was as ready for her to leave as she was. I have to think Kaela realized she wasn't winning anything at Georgia Tech so I expect she will want to try to hook up with a contender. That would not include Georgia but Kentucky has a solid roster.
I am quite confident she want contact UConn no way she could get along with Geno.

I expect Kentucky will try to get involved he tries to get everybody from everywhere. I would suspect Georgia would be a contender. I will be interested in her school list. There is also a chance she forgets college and plays in Europe. That has happened before they don't have the rules that the WNBA has.

That would be compounding the same bad decision she made before. I think she put up a lot of shots because she was under pressure to score. And, her opponents probably double and triple teamed her. If she comes here she'll get a lot of single coverage because we'll be loaded.

Literally, the writing is on the wall on this one.

"We wish Kaela and her family the very best and we thank her for her two years in our program," head coach MaChelle Joseph said.

Reactions: 2 people
Something was certainly happening at Georgia Tech as news release said it was a mutual decision seems the coach was as ready for her to leave as she was. I have to think Kaela realized she wasn't winning anything at Georgia Tech so I expect she will want to try to hook up with a contender. That would not include Georgia but Kentucky has a solid roster.
I am quite confident she want contact UConn no way she could get along with Geno.
Hate to be that guy but in several posts you have used the word "want" when won't is the word you need to use. They kind of have almost an opposite meaning. Just thought you should know for future reference. It was a little confusing in one of your posts earlier in the week.

I've seen Kaela play several times and she shot a lot because she had to. She would share the ball and Tech would fall behind and she would have to try and shoot them back into the game. She is a darn good player and seems like a good person. She did seem to separate herself from the team after the game at times. I don't think she ever really enjoyed being at Tech and never wanted to be there. I thought it was obvious during her interview at the UT game, that Tennessee was where she really wanted to be. It's a sad situation and wish her well wherever she goes. I will miss seeing her play in person at Tech.

From a game last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully she is not looking at Tennessee unless her and Diamond have made amends. I think her commitment to Tennessee the first time is why Diamond didn't come. I don't think Holly would even consider her unless that feud is over.

Last year she put up 645 shots, 645!!!! and only made 36 percent. She took 235 threes and hit 68 for 29 percent.

compare to Simmons' numbers. I don't think Simmons ever took that many shots but the overall shooting percentage seems similar.

The only drama comes from her meddlesome, counterproductive mother, who should find a few things to do with her life and leave her daughter and her college coaches alone.

Her and Diamond never had an issue with each other. They grew up playing together.

The issue is one that Kendra Davis orchestrated. Her father, Antonio Davis, wanted her at Tennessee.

That was the rumor that was going around but I have heard numerous times that her mom was the main problem and I believe it.

The rumor came about that they had a feud when they both played for Kaela's father who coached the Georgia Ice team. Both Kaela and Diamond were on that team and Diamond promptly left. They had decided to go to the same school Tennessee and those plans were suddenly over after Diamond left the Georgia Ice team. Whether they had a feud or not just a rumor the fact that Diamond did not like playing for Antonio Davis is quite clear.

That's not how it happened. The rumor came out when Kendra made Kaela transfer from Norcross to Buford because she didn't want Kaela to share the spotlight with Diamond. They played two years together at Norcross HS. That happened before Kaela's junior year at Norcross, and it was around that time that Kendra had decided Kaela wasn't going to UT, although the official announcement (and coinciding lie about it being about Pat's illness) didn't come out until a few months later.

In the end, it actually only made Diamond shine brighter (pun intended). At the time that Kaela left, she was regarded as the better player. In those two years apart, Diamond became the better player and more highly decorated player, winning state titles and become the NPOY her senior year.

Last edited:
I hope she goes to Tennessee. It will be fun to watch them all. All very talented young ladies. To get a NC I don't think any of them care who is on the team.

Tennessee should do everything in their power to get her to come to Knoxville. She is a gifted player that we need.

We already have a roster full of USA team players, and could you imagine adding such a talented player such as Davis to the team. My question is though she would have to sit this year out right?? She would then have two years of eligibility left to play..is this correct? if not Tennessee, then there are quite a few teams that would get a lot lot better just by adding Davis to the mix.

I hope she goes to Tennessee. It will be fun to watch them all. All very talented young ladies. To get a NC I don't think any of them care who is on the team.

I can see it happening. Diamond realized her mistake and came aboard as a lady vol, now hopefully Davis will do the same.. I just wish they would have all came in together.

I can see it happening. Diamond realized her mistake and came aboard as a lady vol, now hopefully Davis will do the same.. I just wish they would have all came in together.

Me too!!! That would have been quite the class....I've never seen one team get the #1, #2 and #3 recruits for their respective class !

The fact that it was a 'mutual decision' implies that there was definitely some negative feelings coming from the Georgia Tech coaching staff as well which should raise some red flags. Also, the fact that she wished "Kaela and her family" really sticks out to me. I know nothing of the situation, but based on what I've read here and from that comment, it sounds like she has an overbearing family that has caused rifts rather than Kaela herself.

Bringing in a talent like Kaela Davis would be huge for Tennessee. If Davis comes, Tennessee will have the #1, #2, and #3 players from the uber talented 2013 class. She struggled with shot selection and turnovers at Georgia Tech, but the talent is clearly there, and if Tennessee has play solid team basketball, they have the potential to be really really good with 2 truly dynamic wings in DeShields and Davis, and a huge post presence in Russell for at least 2 year.

If she wants to be here, bring her on. Holly may just have to swallow her pride if she ever wants to win a NC.

If she wants to be here, bring her on. Holly may just have to swallow her pride if she ever wants to win a NC.

My sentiments exactly! Holly has to make this happen after missing out on Akator. Missing on a post will hurt you a tad bit this season but gaining a 19 points a game scorer to go with an already loaded team will undoubtedly be what is needed to win another title. How could you possibly stop a 2016 Lineup of PG-Te'a, SG-Diamond, SF-Kaela, PF-Jasmine (or one of the 2016 recruits), C-Mercedes and still have Nared, Carter, Reynolds, Meme Jackson, Tucker (if she decides not to leave) and Dunbar all we will need is a backup 5 and a promising 4(although I think Nared could be our starter at the 4 and Jasmine comes off the bench. I hope Kaela has broke away from her overbearing mom and has decided to right a wrong and join the Lady Vols.

I don't have any insight on where Kaela is going but I don't think it's Knoxville. There are 3 teams I suspect will be in the running, but we will just have to wait and see.

VN Store

Back