Kaela Davis leaving Ga Tech

My mistake it was gule who said that about the basket cases. I responded to both of you all post back to back and got my responses mixed up. I posted a comment and you quoted me. I responded to your post. I don't understand where you are getting the notion of personal attacks from. Just because I ask were you trolling, I don't perceived that as a personal attack. I asked that based on your comments. I recently start posting on this forum, but I've been on The Summitt for years.

Secondly, the reason I accused you of trolling is because the way you portrayed him as just a coach that does little with what he has. I'm thinking how would anyone say that when he has groomed players into 1st round draft picks and a star player like Candace Parker gave credit to him for helping her improve her game around the rim.

Finally, This is NOT that serious for me to attack you about anything. I don't know you and you don't me. You have have your opinion and I have mine.

OK, fair enough. I didn't intend to portray him as that. Just don't think the "work wonders" moniker fits either.

I don't know what her per centage was but it seemed to me Burdick was ok at hitting a 15-20 foot jumper.

Burdick got really good this year with the "catch and shoot." When she dribbles she adds too much complexities in her brain I think. At "catch and shoot" she is very very good.

I don't think the offense was great but it wasn't the horror show some make it out to be. As for Holly not developing plays it was pointed out by some that the inverting of the guards and post players was a good idea that worked but then some said that was Kyra's idea not Holly's and that was when I realized there were people looking for any reason to not give Holly any credit. And that's a bit sad.

I swear I think those coaches must read this forum because several of the posters (me included) were recommending using our tall guards to get match up problems. And, it seems the offense started moving a lot better and working on match ups as the season progressed. I know AC and I have both talked about Holly doing no dribble practices to encourage better passing and ball movement. You here Holly?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow...we have 2 scholarships available.....I guess Dawn might have been saving them for a reason....Makes sense if Brown and Davis have to sit out a year with Sessions and Dozier being seniors...hummmm....maybe...maybe not.

Will Trusler ‏@will_trusler 3h3 hours ago

Expecting to hear Kaela Davis to South Carolina any day now @GamecockWBB @KaelaD3

This may be what Dawn Staley was tweeting about earlier today. But USC has room for both Davis and Brown. I know nothing about Davis but what I've read on msg boards: I hope (based on them) she won't be a chemistry issue for USC, should she choose to go there....

This may be what Dawn Staley was tweeting about earlier today. But USC has room for both Davis and Brown. I know nothing about Davis but what I've read on msg boards: I hope (based on them) she won't be a chemistry issue for USC, should she choose to go there....

It has been said a million times. Kaela Davis is NOT the problem. Its her mother that is been said to be a drama queen. Kaela seems like a nice and respectful young lady.

It has been said a million times. Kaela Davis is NOT the problem. Its her mother that is been said to be a drama queen. Kaela seems like a nice and respectful young lady.

Well a mother is a parent, and typically the kid goes the way the parents go. Hopefully however she (her mother) has cooled down now and has seen how being a star player on a not-so star team isn't necessarily where it's at. Maybe she'll let Kaela enjoy her final 2 years of college playing for championships, regardless of how she goes about doing it....

This isn't surprising. The family makes an odd decision to send the girl to Georgia Tech in the first place, the player at some point becomes unhappy, probably made the coaches unhappy--and so she and the family decide after two years to leech onto a high profile program.

If I was the coach of Georgia Tech. I would have been very unhappy about her shot selection and the fact she took 265 threes and made 29 percent. She ended up taking close to as many shots as the other four starters combined. Then you look and see she had 53 assists and 105 turnovers meaning she isn't much of a passing perimeter player. Overall 36 percent from the field on 645 attempts.
I don't think the Tech coach like it and I don't think Staley will either. When Staley tries to gear her back into the team concept then I suspect we'll have war with the family. I don't see how a player can suddenly change when her parents push her to try and be the star. 53 assists in 1141 minutes played says it all.

This isn't surprising. The family makes an odd decision to send the girl to Georgia Tech in the first place, the player at some point becomes unhappy, probably made the coaches unhappy--and so she and the family decide after two years to leech onto a high profile program.

I totally agree. She knew when she chose Ga Tech that they weren't going to be that elite. So now all of a sudden you want to win a championship. I think its a good thing for South Carolina but we all know she wanted to be a Lady Vol lol.

Reactions: 2 people
I totally agree. She knew when she chose Ga Tech that they weren't going to be that elite. So now all of a sudden you want to win a championship. I think its a good thing for South Carolina but we all know she wanted to be a Lady Vol lol.

Exactly! She wanted....
To me this has her mom written all over it, go to USC so you can play Tennessee and show them.

She is good enough probably to be drafted and fore go her senior year. When she was interviewed after her freshman year at GT, she talked about how she liked the idea of playing overseas as a career (and of course wnba) so it's already on her mind.

Exactly! She wanted....
To me this has her mom written all over it, go to USC so you can play Tennessee and show them.

She is good enough probably to be drafted and fore go her senior year. When she was interviewed after her freshman year at GT, she talked about how she liked the idea of playing overseas as a career (and of course wnba) so it's already on her mind.

She Could actually go to the WNBA next offseason because she will turn 21 during that season so it will be interesting to see if she even plays at USC.

Exactly! She wanted....

This seems to be the more accurate statement...Pat leaving was the real reason...

Reaction to Kaela Davis recruiting change

If ever there was a surefire "franchise player," a future face of women's college basketball, among underclass high school girls today, it is Kaela Davis, a junior at Buford (Ga.) who is ranked No. 2 by ESPN HoopGurlz among prospects in her class. And for 19 months, she has been the coming foundation at a Tennessee program that possibly will no longer be led by Summitt, as unfathomable as that might once have seemed.

If Pat leaving was the 'real' reason, she would've waited until Pat stepped down to decommit. She didn't. And her recruiting never would've opened back up with UT the summer after she decommitted (after Pat had stepped down), and she never would've gone on an official visit later that fall, and UT never would've been in her final 2. The family lies. It's what they do. They tell lies to cover up lies. They lied about why she decommitted from UT just like they lied about why she quit Buford, and they pretty much lead UT on in the Fall, too.

Mommy Dearest telling the staff who they could and could not recruit had more to do with her decommitting than anything. Using Pat's illness as a smokescreen is simply not cool, and from what I was told by people who I trust, Pat was personally hurt by it. The fact that the staff actually gave Kaela a second chance and started back up interest after that says now naive Elzy was at the time (she was her primary recruiter once Holly was HC). And it also was the reason why TN had no interest in Kaela when she left GT. The fact that anyone thought UT would touch her with a ten foot pole -- especially after getting Diamond -- is utterly hilarious.

So yeah ... good luck with the Davises. You'll probably need it.

Reactions: 5 people
Our only problem with our offense was making shots.
Driving to the lane and missing layups, missing jump shots, and missing 3 pointers.

FG% = 42% .... IMO needs to be 45+
3pt% =33% .... IMO needs to be 37+
FT% = 75% .... IMO I think 75 is okay, but nothing lower

I just get flashbacks at some HORRIBLE shooting nights, Rutgers, Wichita State, Arkansas, Chattanooga, Gonzaga, and a lot more.

In all the games you named we went 4-1. I'm a coach and from a coaches prospective, I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day!!

Reactions: 2 people
If Pat leaving was the 'real' reason, she would've waited until Pat stepped down to decommit. She didn't. And her recruiting never would've opened back up with UT the summer after she decommitted (after Pat had stepped down), and she never would've gone on an official visit later that fall, and UT never would've been in her final 2. The family lies. It's what they do. They tell lies to cover up lies. They lied about why she decommitted from UT just like they lied about why she quit Buford, and they pretty much lead UT on in the Fall, too.

Mommy Dearest telling the staff who they could and could not recruit had more to do with her decommitting than anything. Using Pat's illness as a smokescreen is simply not cool, and from what I was told by people who I trust, Pat was personally hurt by it. The fact that the staff actually gave Kaela a second chance and started back up interest after that says now naive Elzy was at the time (she was her primary recruiter once Holly was HC). And it also was the reason why TN had no interest in Kaela when she left GT. The fact that anyone thought UT would touch her with a ten foot pole -- especially after getting Diamond -- is utterly hilarious.

So yeah ... good luck with the Davises. You'll probably need it.
The handwriting was on the wall about Pat even in that article. She wanted to play for Pat not just for Tennessee. That is why most kids pick a school...the coach.

In all the games you named we went 4-1. I'm a coach and from a coaches prospective, I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day!!

I won't disagree with a 'win is a win'. We went 30-6 this year. Probably 95% of people will look at our record and say that's good. I follow our team very closely, so when I look at 30-6, I also know that our records comes with a lot of close games that should of never been close at all due to the shooting %'s. But yes, a win is a win :)

I won't disagree with a 'win is a win'. We went 30-6 this year. Probably 95% of people will look at our record and say that's good. I follow our team very closely, so when I look at 30-6, I also know that our records comes with a lot of close games that should of never been close at all due to the shooting %'s. But yes, a win is a win :)

How many starters were out by end of the season? 2!

VN Store

Back