Kalen DeBoer expected to be next Alabama Head Coach

I meant
When was the last time?
W State and the great Mike Price ...

I meant

W State and the great Mike Price ...

So you meant a totally different school? Got it.

Well first off, the P12 was very good this year so I don't see how that is being used as a negative. Harsin was handed the keys to the kingdom by Chris Petersen when he was hired at Boise. DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington program from Jimmy Lake and proceeded to go 25-3 in his two years in Seattle. And you don't think he'll have the ability the recruit an "NFL QB" at Bama? I mean the top ranked QB in this class is already on campus, so seems like the QB room is in pretty good shape for the foreseeable future.

The Pac 12 was decent this year, definitely not very good. It's bad when your 3rd best team is Arizona. Washington and Oregon both had great QB's but neither played Defense. To compare Deboer and Harsin further, both won about the same % in the FBS before leaving for Auburn. And how many bad highly rated QB's did Saban have? I'll answer, a bunch. And there's no guarantee the ones at Ala will be there by fall.And he definitely hasn't shown he can recruit!

So you meant a totally different school? Got it.

Do your own fans not even like you? Why do you hang on a Vol board? You need friends? I get it, I wouldn't socialize with Gumps either, but dammit man. I damn sure wouldn't go hang on a rivals board all day, that's kinda sad. I actually feel bad for you now!

Welcome to hell.

This won’t end well and I’m here for every minute.

“If they hire Dabo I’ll cover myself in gasoline and set myself on fire” 🤣🤣🤣

Do your own fans not even like you? Why do you hang on a Vol board? You need friends? I get it, I wouldn't socialize with Gumps either, but dammit man. I damn sure wouldn't go hang on a rivals board all day, that's kinda sad. I actually feel bad for you now!

I'm in the middle of baking cupcakes for everyone, but now you can't have one, Mr. Meanie!

The Pac 12 was decent this year, definitely not very good. It's bad when your 3rd best team is Arizona. Washington and Oregon both had great QB's but neither played Defense. To compare Deboer and Harsin further, both won about the same % in the FBS before leaving for Auburn. And how many bad highly rated QB's did Saban have? I'll answer, a bunch. And there's no guarantee the ones at Ala will be there by fall.And he definitely hasn't shown he can recruit!
I don’t care about the winning percentages, I told you why Harsin had a great winning percentage, because he took over Boise program that was rolling. And it’s bad that Arizona was the third best team in the Pac 12? Well does that mean that it was bad for the SEC because Missouri was the 3rd or 4th best team in the league this year? And show me where all these great defenses in the SEC are? This isn’t 2008 anymore. SEC defenses have been pretty average for the last 5-6 years.

You know how I know you have no idea what you’re talking about? Saying a top 25 overall and top 10 scoring defense is bad.

He won’t be.
He just got destroyed by Michigan.
He may keep them afloat but winning titles isn’t in his future.

Most of us on VN said the same thing about Meyer back in '05 and we all know how that ended.

I'll hold on judgement until after the '24 season.

Most of us on VN said the same thing about Meyer back in '05 and we all know how that ended.

I'll hold on judgement until after the '24 season.

To each their own but that ain’t Washington anymore. That’s a buzz saw that wanted to fire a legend over 1 game. He slips against any of LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, hell even Ole Miss and the toilet paper fires will be hot.

The giveaway was when DeBoer canceled his scheduled radio interview with that Seattle sports station this morning.

If I’m UW, I offer Pete Carroll while he’s still in Seattle.
That would be a really good idea if PC is interested. Definitely a damn good rental for the next few years.

This is the laziest comparison that I've ever seen. There is nothing in Deboer's resume to suggest he is anything like Bryan Harsin.
The poster you responded to may be on to something. Harsin coached at Boise State in Idaho. The great state of Idaho borders Washington. Therefore, Deboer is essentially Bryan Harsin.

interesting

the farthest south DeBoer has ever coached was at Indiana in 2019 when he was OC. The team went 8-5. He had a freshman QB for 3 games by the name of Michael Pennix. They finished out the year with a loss in the Gator Bowl. To the Vols.

UW could do worse. I just wonder how much Carroll has left in the tank. Man is same age as Saban, been there, done that. I know I would be focused on retirement and never waking up to an alarm clock again.
I hear you. I’m about Carroll’s age and I can’t imagine handling the stress and workload of a head coach at either the pro or college level. But being a longtime Seahawks fan I gotta say Carroll is an ageless freak of nature. If he still wants to coach, and I was an influential Husky alumni (which
I’m not) I’d be pushing hard for evaluating his interest.

But as a husband of a WSU alumni I never want what’s best for the Huskies.

Reactions: Vol737
I hear you. I’m about Carroll’s age and I can’t imagine handling the stress and workload of a head coach at either the pro or college level. But being a longtime Seahawks fan I gotta say Carroll is an ageless freak of nature. If he still wants to coach, and I was an influential Husky alumni (which
I’m not) I’d be pushing hard for evaluating his interest.

But as a husband of a WSU alumni I never want what’s best for the Huskies.
Yeah, the competitive nature of these guys never seems to go away. If they’re in good health, feel good and think they can do it again…they’re not afraid to take their shot. Saw a video of Carroll out on the practice field running with NFL guys at 72! He looked better than most guys in their 40s and 50s.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

VN Store

Back