karoline striplin 2nd best on team at ...

1 Walker-PG
2 Horston-Sm Fwd
3 Jackson-Sm Fwd
4 Pissott- Stretch Forward
5 Hollingshead- Center

first sub per position: Puckett 2-3, Frankiln/Striplin 4-5, Jazzy 1

Horston and Pissott-bookends
Rickea high-post
Jillian-Low Post
lady vols face monday rematch with mississippi state govols247 they got story talks about striplin,hollingshed,franklin,jackson,puckett,pissott the posts on the team and the youngest ast coach helping them improved. its all in story @chuckiepoo @travis929 story tells of hollingshed improving. tells what each post skills are.

Last edited:
pissott got height for 4 even if she guard/ wing . karoline got more muscle or college body who harder to move. franklin is in year 5 and it shows. jackson shots better closer to rim. maybe moving sara to get some of tess mins . striplin 12.9 mins franklin 13.8 mins hollingshed 15.3 . i see kellie playing franklin more in ncaa saving her knee to then. with franklin & hollingshedx knee history its wise of kellie getting striplin playing time. on tess players need pass more when say open and coaches need draw up some plays to get clean three shots off. darby,puckett where there more than one or two players moving. walker & horston have nice three point shot when open to.

Karoline is a 5 in mid-major,,,in the sec she should be coached into the four spot
No one will win an SEC/NCAA title with a center under 6'4"...Bank on it

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Might be the best 5 players but who is your outside threat that can consistently make about 40% of their threes or are you going to not focus on that aspect?
Pissott all she needs is more playing time and someone who can an offense, we never have set plays. Darby is much to slow to guard anyone and if you watch closely she has to be open she seldom ever hits a contested shot. Look at all the tall girls with long arms and legs such as LSU and UCONN. Those are the type we need to recruit instead of the ones that can't get down the floor. Pissott is going to be a treat player as she gets more playing time

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Pissott all she needs is more playing time and someone who can an offense, we never have set plays. Darby is much to slow to guard anyone and if you watch closely she has to be open she seldom ever hits a contested shot. Look at all the tall girls with long arms and legs such as LSU and UCONN. Those are the type we need to recruit instead of the ones that can't get down the floor. Pissott is going to be a treat player as she gets more playing time

Fitness is a problem with some of the girls on the team by the looks of it too. They don't seem to be able to run out games in the 4th quarter so CKJH has to continually rotate players. Pissot should get at least 10 minutes per game at least and she seems to end up standing on the 3 point line like a statue. She's 6'4 and if she's being guarded by a 5'9 guard that is a mismatch for her so clear out and move to the block and let her work or draw a double team. There are a lot of possessions down the court where they are standing around waiting for someone to do something. Guards should be running their counterparts around and the forwards should be bumping the guards and there should be screens getting set to wear out the opposing players every possession down the floor. There doesn't seem to be an offense being run. It seems like there are 2 maybe 3 players who are forced to get the ball and score, rebound the miss or it's an empty possession. Shooting is also a problem because they aren't getting open looks and when they do they don't seem to know what to do with them. The other thing I have noticed is that Darby never seems to drive to the basket so there is no threat of the player who is guarding her getting in foul trouble. Both PG from LSU and UConn scored on her because they were relatively fresh and didn't have to chase her or risk fouling her.

Karo is a really good team player. In my opinion, she leads the team in doing the dirty work..

I like to see her on the floor all nights. Depending upon the matchups, some nights are more favorable than others.

Karo is a really good team player. In my opinion, she leads the team in doing the dirty work..

I like to see her on the floor all nights. Depending upon the matchups, some nights are more favorable than others.
She really is not a center though and it shows when she goes up against a true center. To bad we only have Jill that is actually a true center so we could play Karoline at the four.

She really is not a center though and it shows when she goes up against a true center. To bad we only have Jill that is actually a true center so we could play Karoline at the four.

That is the sore point. She is going to struggle with the 6'5" and taller girls....like tonight for example.

We can't play Jill 40 minutes. So, letting Karo lean on them early in game with her broad shoulders is an effective method of tiring the other center. Then, throw Jill at them for majority of game. Finish with Jaz, the crafty veteran who draws charges well, can rebound, and also can shoot free throws.

That is the sore point. She is going to struggle with the 6'5" and taller girls....like tonight for example.

We can't play Jill 40 minutes. So, letting Karo lean on them early in game with her broad shoulders is an effective method of tiring the other center. Then, throw Jill at them for majority of game. Finish with Jaz, the crafty veteran who draws charges well, can rebound, and also can shoot free throws.
Kellie?
…just kidding. 😏

Exactly what I was talking about we only have one center so we have to play her there. We have to accept her struggles.

Reactions: djtee and Jax_Vol
Karoline is a 5 in mid-major,,,in the sec she should be coached into the four spot
No one will win an SEC/NCAA title with a center under 6'4"...Bank on it
pashen thompson 61 96 vols champship karoline striplin 63 karoline showing me mudcat right karoline just needed a chance to show what she could do. striplin and hollingshead with possiable backs at puckett, suarez bigs not in bad shape next year.

Who'da thought in November that if asked which two players would have the most confidence and most positive momentum going into the SEC Tournament that the answer many would give would be "Jackson and Striplin"? Jackson, yes. But Karo emerging as someone opposing coaches now have to plan to guard if she drifts outside is not something most of us saw coming. And I love it!

Deadra Charles 6’3”
Dana Johnson 6’2” One of my all time favorites! Sturdy, no one moved her out of the way. Absolute Windex! Cleaned the glass.

Let's be fair Deadra Charles was a very active and skilled post player at 6-2-6-3 Striplin don't have those skills. I'm not taking shot's at Striplin just calling it for what it is, We can agree to disagree.

Reactions: volcity
Let's be fair Deadra Charles was a very active and skilled post player at 6-2-6-3 Striplin don't have those skills. I'm not taking shot's at Striplin just calling it for what it is, We can agree to disagree.

So Striplin is Daedra Charles now? 🤣🤣🤣

1 Walker-PG
2 Horston-Sm Fwd
3 Jackson-Sm Fwd
4 Pissott- Stretch Forward
5 Hollingshead- Center

first sub per position: Puckett 2-3, Frankiln/Striplin 4-5, Jazzy 1

Horston and Pissott-bookends
Rickea high-post
Jillian-Low Post

I'd go with Houston at PG with Striplin at 4 and Pissott playing shooting guard. At 6' 4 Pissott would be a matchup nightmare for guards and the fact she can shoot, would make forwards work hard outside the paint. Darby sub for Pissott and Puckett/Franklin for Striplin.

I'd go with Houston at PG with Striplin at 4 and Pissott playing shooting guard. At 6' 4 Pissott would be a matchup nightmare for guards and the fact she can shoot, would make forwards work hard outside the paint. Darby sub for Pissott and Puckett/Franklin for Striplin.
I don't understand the love affair with Pissott. Has she shown that she is starter material at all this year? She's a slightly taller but physically weaker version of Sara Puckett, and even she's struggling to get meaningful minutes.

The only player on the team has shown that she can consistently hit the three, and that's Darby. I don't think she'd normally be starter material, but with a team with Jackson and Horston at the wing, she's the perfect complement to their games to free up the lane for them to drive. Even if she isn't scoring, she needs to be accounted for.

There is a bit of a match-up problem but there a teams that do well with undersized posts. The secret? Such players need to hit midrange jumpers and bomb from the 3 to spread out defenses. And on the defensive side, a smaller post can front bigger posts and gets back side help.

You don't have to have a perfect team to be good, You have to find ways to make the most of the players you have, maximizing their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses.

I will say that Kellie is using Karo more in a spread role. I actually think the team got away from that approach too soon but that is a different story.

So disregard practice and games and play Pussott because she was great in high school is what many want. Clearly CKH is keeping Pissott on the bench for no reason at all. The Pissott obsession is comical

So disregard practice and games and play Pussott because she was great in high school is what many want. Clearly CKH is keeping Pissott on the bench for no reason at all. The Pissott obsession is comical

The unnecessary cross-court pass that got picked in the first quarter was enough. Stuff like that is why she's not playing more.

Reactions: glv98
I don't understand the love affair with Pissott. Has she shown that she is starter material at all this year? She's a slightly taller but physically weaker version of Sara Puckett, and even she's struggling to get meaningful minutes.

The only player on the team has shown that she can consistently hit the three, and that's Darby. I don't think she'd normally be starter material, but with a team with Jackson and Horston at the wing, she's the perfect complement to their games to free up the lane for them to drive. Even if she isn't scoring, she needs to be accounted for.
This thing is had one game where she had double digit minutes a whole season. And that 1 game just thinks shines. I've watched that girl for 2 years before she even guy here and I know what she's capable of period she is Legitimate and her upside is way over Darby's

This thing is had one game where she had double digit minutes a whole season. And that 1 game just thinks shines. I've watched that girl for 2 years before she even guy here and I know what she's capable of period she is Legitimate and her upside is way over Darby's
I truly hate voice to text when I can't edit.... Does anyone here speak mudcat?

And that was against who? Rutgers? In month #1? What has she done against SEC competition?

I’m sure she has more upside than Tess as she’s only a freshman, but the question is whether she’s better than Tess RIGHT NOW, and I would guess the answer is “no”. The same is probably true comparing her to Sara.

VN Store

Back