Kennedy Announces Plan To Retire July 31

Wasn't someone whining about the filibuster rules and whatnot?

Lordy, video facts must really suck...

[twitter]1012076628342595584[/twitter]

Reactions: 7 people
The number of justices is controlled by statute, not the Constitution. Change the statute and you can decide how many justices are on the court. It's just a regular piece of legislation. FDR famously threatened to pack the court during the new Deal

Good to know. Guess we better start on it. Maybe Trump has 25 list for a reason.

Good to know. Guess we better start on it. Maybe Trump has 25 list for a reason.

Republicans would have no reason to change it since they should have a solid majority after this appointment and it'd be a political liability for them. It would be a huge political liability for Dems too, but one they may be willing to risk if they feel the Court becomes too far out of step with the mainstream.

The only way possible is if he decides not to run for another term. Democrats are flat out nuts. I’ll grant that republicans aren’t any better. There’s still the matter of Democrats not having sh*t to work with, as far as candidates go.

As you say, Republicans may be no better in many ways, but at least they aren't left of Lenin, and they are better mannered than Nazis.

Republicans would have no reason to change it since they should have a solid majority after this appointment and it'd be a political liability for them. It would be a huge political liability for Dems too, but one they may be willing to risk if they feel the Court becomes too far out of step with the mainstream.

It was jest. Just what is the mainstream though? 30-40-50%. In this environment there is little "political liability". Just like the MSM licked Obama, Trump supporters are all aboard.

I tell you though, this MSM tantrum is killin the hopes of the Democratic party. No vision, no hope, just divisiveness.

Reactions: 2 people
Elections have consequences. You folks shouldn't have picked someone that was either too lazy, too out of shape, or too drunk to get off her ass and campaign some. Of course, they tried to hide her so she wouldn't fall down on the campaign trail. Too bad.

And to top it all off, the Dims had to cheat on their own kind to make her the candidate.

Elections have consequences. You folks shouldn't have picked someone that was either too lazy, too out of shape, or too drunk to get off her ass and campaign some. Of course, they tried to hide her so she wouldn't fall down on the campaign trail. Too bad.

It's times like these that I'm glad to be a middle aged, upper middle class heterosexual white guy. Sucks for pretty much everyone else in the free world.

At the Cape. Ate at Indian Pass Downtown tonight. Actually just saw the Kennedy news about 20 minutes ago. I think I'll have another beer.

It's times like these that I'm glad to be a middle aged, upper middle class heterosexual white guy. Sucks for pretty much everyone else in the free world.

At the Cape. Ate at Indian Pass Downtown tonight. Actually just saw the Kennedy news about 20 minutes ago. I think I'll have another beer.

Luther! Glad u made it as we were concerned. Seriously, hope you are ok all kiddin aside.

You want someone nominated based on his religion? That's out there.

0bamas Comments on Sotomayor are out there: “I would hope that a wise Latina woman, with the richness of her experiences, would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life,"

But me wanting a strong catholic who went through the same education system as me (and Gorsuch) is out there?

God I’m so happy I voted for Trump.

Reactions: 5 people
For the first time in probably 40 years I turned on CNN this morning. The talking head said "We are following the Kennedy resignation very closely".

Good to know they are on top of it.

I'm also eating a yuge bowl of popcorn waiting for one of those golden moments :eek:lol::eek:lol:

Edit: Breaking News!!! Trump to meet Putin.

Muh Russia.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
For the first time in probably 40 years I turned on CNN this morning. The talking head said "We are following the Kennedy resignation very closely".

Good to know they are on top of it.

I'm also eating a yuge bowl of popcorn waiting for one of those golden moments :eek:lol::eek:lol:

Calling it a "resignation" gets a few more clicks and faux outrage drawn from the left. It makes it sound like he's doing so in protest or being forced out even though he's retiring at an age where many folks retire and enjoy the remainder of their life.

What humor would we have if it wasn't for CNN?

Reactions: 1 person
I know many of us said it at the time but the dems made a yuuuge mistake throwing a hissy fit about Gorsuch, because that was replacing a conservative judge with another conservative no real change in the court. This time however is replacing the moderate swing vote with a conservative. Big mistake by the left

Blumenthal on CNN saying they will use every parliamentary procedure available to them to <delay> the vote until after the midterms.

This is pure GOLD Jerry. Gold.

Now more muh Russia.

I am sorry I have to go to work today. I should call in sick so I can watch the meltdown. I can't wait for the media funeral after President Trump's choice is announced.

The left will not be able to discredit anyone who is nominated both liberal and conservative are qualified to be on the bench this is why election matter you made out like the persons ideology but you cannot say they’re not qualified. The right does not like Ginsberg he again or Soto Mayor, but they are qualified.

Get over it

VN Store

Back