Kentucky might be tough.

Kentucky under Stoops has started off well many years of late, but the middle and end of the schedule always puts them back into place. We will learn alot more about them these next 2 weeks. Folks are starting to doubt Georgia. I think they are going to serve up Kentucky as an example to folks who do doubt them.

Actually, most of the games in Lexington the past 30 years or so have been very competitive.
Not at all. We are 13-2 in Lexington in the last 30 years and the average margin of victory is almost 17 points. The last 10 years, the games have been more competitive.

Reactions: mrredskin
The wildkittens are putting it to fl convincing manner. I'm not worried about gamecocks but ky...

Believe it when I see it. Worse UT teams have beaten better UK teams. I’ve really never seen us give bad effort against Kentucky either. Players and fans hate UK and will give their all in that game, guarantee it. I’m also not impressed with Leary or their receivers at all. I think they’re one dimensional. Shut down or limit Davis and they’re toast.

Not at all. We are 13-2 in Lexington in the last 30 years and the average margin of victory is almost 17 points. The last 10 years, the games have been more competitive.
‘95, ‘01, ‘03, ‘07, ‘09, ‘11, ‘17, ‘19, and ‘21. So going back 30 years 9 out of the 14 games have been competitive. So my point stands.

The next two weeks against UGA and Missouri will dictate what Kentucky is or isn't. They have beaten 1 team with a winning record.
But they witch slapped UF who bent us over and made us like it. They look like a complete team who can not only give us trouble, but beat us if we're not on top of our game. We can put all these pundits in their places by taking care of business with this remaining schedule. Water finds its own level and we will, too. Not too worried about rankings on Oct 1.

Texas a&m, Missouri, and Kentucky will decide if we go 9-3 or 7-5(6-6). Period . All are now going to be tough games. Couple of them will shut down our run game and force Milton to beat them . Personally I don’t think he can.

We’re not losing to Kentucky.

You guys keep saying the same crap every year.
We’ve lost 2 times in the last 6 years so,
I don’t believe in curses,
I don’t believe in “ one team has the others number”
I don’t believe in looking past anyone.

I believe they are a good team but they’ve had the easiest schedule in football so far,

The way we’ve been good, bad , Awful, good, who knows how we’ll play on the road?

All that said: toss up. Either team could win

The problem with Tn up tempo offense, it demands that receivers catch the ball and get some first downs. If you're not careful, you giving the ball back to a run orientated team like Ky who can hold the ball and keep our offense off the field. Looking at the Florida game, i bet the time of possession was heavy in Florida's favor
Looking back at the last 3 years, time of possession means very little.
Possessions per score means a lot.

Looking back at the last 3 years, time of possession means very little.
Possessions per score means a lot.
Thats kinda what I said. The Florida game exposed what happens when you run 3 quick plays and passes are dropped/missed you turn the ball over to other team to run out the clock and keep you from touching the ball. In the last 3 years, especially last year, we scored quick as we ran plays.

Thats kinda what I said. The Florida game exposed what happens when you run 3 quick plays and passes are dropped/missed you turn the ball over to other team to run out the clock and keep you from touching the ball. In the last 3 years, especially last year, we scored quick as we ran plays.
Way too much moaning about time of possession on here and blaming the offense.
If you’re losing a lopsided time of possession battle then you’re defense is giving up too many first downs and not stopping them on 3rd or 4th and getting them off the field.

Way too much moaning about time of possession on here and blaming the offense.
If you’re losing a lopsided time of possession battle then you’re defense is giving up too many first downs and not stopping them on 3rd or 4th and getting them off the field.
I made one comment about time of possession, and that is " moaning". Good grief. Other folks are entitled to their opinion. Isn't there a hall that you can go monitor ?

I made one comment about time of possession, and that is " moaning". Good grief. Other folks are entitled to their opinion. Isn't there a hall that you can go monitor ?
I wasn’t specifically talking about you.
Just a general comment of the moaning that was even going on last year also.

Had the #1 offense in the country and moaners on here posting how we should “fix” it or improve it, pointing out time of possession or other dumb stuff

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
But they witch slapped UF who bent us over and made us like it. They look like a complete team who can not only give us trouble, but beat us if we're not on top of our game. We can put all these pundits in their places by taking care of business with this remaining schedule. Water finds its own level and we will, too. Not too worried about rankings on Oct 1.

1. Playing without Mays really hurt. As mediocre as Lane was, we had to play Karic, and he may be the worst OG in the SEC. I think his PFF average is under 60. That’s pretty bad. Getting Mays back completely changes the entire unit.

2. Florida at night vs UT is a different team than at UK. The Swamp did as much damage to us as the players did. We were visibly rattled. They didn’t get that advantage and it showed.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back