Kim Caldwell Vol Club Confidential

Coach Bum Phillips first and then once said about Bear Bryant...this is to me the ultimate compliment for a coach
the phrase as I remember it was
"He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n"
That don't make it true, but it's a popular thing coaches say.

Reactions: glv98
As much as I love KIM CALDWELL, I am under no illusions about TENNESSEE'S chances of beating UCONN this year, regardless of when they play them. I also happen to be a fan of PAIGE BUECKERS. And I consider her to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time. So, while this MARSHALL ALUM will root for TENNESSEE in that game, I look forward to seeing KIM CALDWELL and PAIGE BUECKERS shake hands and hug at midcourt after the game.

As much as I love KIM CALDWELL, I am under no illusions about TENNESSEE'S chances of beating UCONN this year, regardless of when they play them. I also happen to be a fan of PAIGE BUECKERS. And I consider her to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time. So, while this MARSHALL ALUM will root for TENNESSEE in that game, I look forward to seeing KIM CALDWELL and PAIGE BUECKERS shake hands and hug at midcourt after the game.

Yeah, this coming season CT could be better than they've been in years -- IF Fudd's and other players' injuries are healed and their latest crop of top recruits meshes well with the returning list of the top players from previous classes who will be even more experienced and better.

They're likely to be a FF team again, so it would take a miracle for Tennessee to beat them. It is what it is.

Listening to the interview, I will say her sisters understand the assignment. She must win and must win big and early here or her time will be limited. This is the Lady Vols - we expect to win. I don't care how exciting or boring the game is - it is the winning that is important.

None of us know how next year is going to go. CKC is not Dawn, or Kim M. or Geno - she is an up-and-coming coach with one year in D1 who wants to play a style that has not been overwhelmingly successful. This was a complete roll the dice gamble by White and by CKC. It may work out or it may fail.

Her longevity here is going to be based on recruiting great players and being willing to adjust her style when needed. I think she understands the first but she still seems to be locked in too much on her style. Maybe the assistants she brought in will help.

Listening to the interview, I will say her sisters understand the assignment. She must win and must win big and early here or her time will be limited. This is the Lady Vols - we expect to win. I don't care how exciting or boring the game is - it is the winning that is important.

None of us know how next year is going to go. CKC is not Dawn, or Kim M. or Geno - she is an up-and-coming coach with one year in D1 who wants to play a style that has not been overwhelmingly successful. This was a complete roll the dice gamble by White and by CKC. It may work out or it may fail.

Her longevity here is going to be based on recruiting great players and being willing to adjust her style when needed. I think she understands the first but she still seems to be locked in too much on her style. Maybe the assistants she brought in will help.
Her system is her system and the AD chose to make it a big selling point. Every coach is entitled to their philosophy.

That said, IMO recruiting both out of the portal and out of hs would be a hell of a lot easier if she wasn't not only selling a coach untried at this level, but also a system not used at this level in WBB, probably for good reason. Most especially bc it's a system that features less minutes for elites than they like or are used to. Those are huge obstacles.

Coach Jumper might jump out a window?
The question was using a timeout to rest your players in which she will not waste a timeout for this purpose. Also when you are the aggressor you never want to allow other teams a break and catch there wind. It will be fun to watch and see this team first half of year versus Second. In CHRIST Alone

Well we gave our last two coaches 5+ years just because. Hope new coach gets a few years anyway unless it’s fubar. She’s not starting with a lot of top talent.

Reactions: LV renaissance
Coach Caldwell is a winner. And she has PLENTY of top talent and is still recruiting to finalize her roster for this season.

GBO🍊

VN Store

Back