Kirk Herbstreit tweet

Just curious as to why you think we will lose?

Because we will never beat Florida again. Ever. Even if their whole team gets suspended and they have to march Middle School JV kids onto the field, and we have a team of 22 first round draft picks, they will still beat us.

I have accepted that and moved on with life at this point.

I remember a poster after the 2013 season that said he went to a convention where Herbstreit was speaking and taking questions. Apparently he was asked about UT and said the same thing. Something to the extent of "Improvement in 2014, by 2015 watch out!"

Hell, that's not fair. A bunch of us on here said that and didn't get a penny or a meal for it. Go figure. :sad:

GO VOLS!

He has a weekly segment on Cowherd's show and every time that Tennessee comes up, both he and Cowherd say "Watch out for Tennessee next year" or "2015 is Tennessee's big year." They don't hype it either, they both say it as if it is a foregone conclusion every single time.

Colin Cowherd actually has a star embedded into the sidewalk in the place I live.

Not sure the schedule sets up for a 10-2, 9-3 season what with Florida and Alabama on the road and we pick up an improving Ark. team (at home) but I sure hope we see that next year. Oklahoma at home will be a challenge as well......I guess even at this early stage we could say with reasonable certainty it will depend on the development of our O-line. I sure hope the freshman d-lineman and our running game will be the talk of the SEC by mid-season...

He's one of the more sensible analysts and I'm not just saying that because he backs Tennessee a lot. When he calls a game he doesn't tend to favor a team with his voice and actions like some of the other ones.

While winning out (ending 8-5 assuming a bowl game victory) might not allow us to finish in the top 25, with Herby and others talking us up, we may be a preseason top 25 next season

Wow everyone calm down, we have only won two SEC games this year. But, That doesn't mean we are far from an East title.

Out of all the TV personalities, Herby has always been the one to show the most love to Tennessee. Might be due to him living in Nashville
In the SEC, if a team has a week position group, it tends to get exposed....in the Win/Loss column. When you look at Tennessee now, you don't see any weaknesses.

We had one major weakness before Dobbs was inserted, and that was an inexperienced OL. It was magnified by the fact that we were trying to force a pocket passer to run a read option attack. Now that we have a QB who fits the scheme better, and is playing well, suddenly that weak position group looks decent.

Thanks for the correction. I'm so embarrassed.

brohug-oc.gif

Just curious as to why you think we will lose?

Because... It's Florida. Because its tradition. Every year we go in thinking this is our year and for 10 year stretch or the awful four year stretch during Peyton's career, we leave with our rail between our legs.

Because... It's Florida. Because its tradition. Every year we go in thinking this is our year and for 10 year stretch or the awful four year stretch during Peyton's career, we leave with our rail between our legs.

streaks are meant to be broken. and with how the vols are on the rise, and clearly florida is going to be in a year of transition, I think we pull this one out for sure

VN Store

Back