Kivon Bennett commits to UT

I had my rabies shot so I'm immune to the Catbone. :)

On the other hand, I can't account for the other heathens in this thread screeching about 3 stars being the end of this program.

People complain about nobody in our class - we add guys. Then they complain about nobody from our state - we add in-state guys. Now they complain about stars, offer lists, too many guys/not enough room in the class (ironically), etc. The people that complain will find something. Even if it's a really big stretch as this case in point.

Also, stop feeding the troll. :)

Reactions: 2 people
We are saying that about everybody we are getting. Just wait until his senior season as if all of a sudden all these mediocre players are going to morph into 4 star beasts. The great players who are ranked 4 and 5 star players will get better also, so it is all relative. Let's be honest folks, we are settling for players right now that just aren't the kind of guys who have the star power to propel us to the top of the SEC.

I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that the lawsuit against the athletic dept has done more damage to our national image than we thought. The UT brand has been dragged through the mud nationally and it is affecting the way kids and their parents view the university. It isn't fair, it's over blown, and it happens at every major campus, but none of that will change what is happening. I hate to say it but UT should have paid to settle this suit the second their lawyers approached and before they started leaking things to the press.

Reactions: 1 person
So what are the Bama boards saying about this.... not much.

It's just a long con until he flips on signing day.

I would say his commitment is soft. Probably wanted a spot which I don't blame him for and we are most likely slow playing him with others on our board higher than him. He still may end up in crimson come Feb.

If I were a Vol fan, I wouldn't get too excited about this one. It'd be shocking to me that he'd go to UT if Bama really wants him and I'm sure if we do we'll make a real strong push for his sig.

Alabama saw him more of a project, a wait and see senior season before actually going after him hard.

Saban just wasn't recruiting this kid hard. Id rather have guys Saban wants than guys fans want.

He committed to flippin Tennessee.

I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that the lawsuit against the athletic dept has done more damage to our national image than we thought. The UT brand has been dragged through the mud nationally and it is affecting the way kids and their parents view the university. It isn't fair, it's over blown, and it happens at every major campus, but none of that will change what is happening. I hate to say it but UT should have paid to settle this suit the second their lawyers approached and before they started leaking things to the press.

Agree 100%, nothing an SEC title can't fix.

I'm amazed at the number of text book pessimists on this thread. UT is currently considered loaded at all positions...All due to Butch's world-class recruiting acumen. Look geniuses: Each of the past three years some of you've been crying like little girls over your doom-and-gloom fearful perceptions of how the upcoming recruiting class would be a disaster. Nonetheless, they've each been highly rated and the products on the field have melded even better than just the sum total of their star power. Each of those years the record's improved and national recognition will only improve the number of players Butch would really prefer coming to Knoxville. We're deep enough to do some wholesale redshirting, and Butch can custom fit players more easily to fine tune the roster. Haters are gona' hate and crybabies just can't keep from cryin', though, so God bless you all.

Reactions: 2 people
buTch knows what he's doing and it's a long time until NSD so many things can still happen.

We're getting National headlines for excellent recruiting and pre-season hype of a Playoff run.

You can bet the 4* and 5* guys and their families are watching all of this.

I'd also bet that buTch cares more for really good players that fit his systems to Win a Championship than he cares about stars.

We don't have a clue what will happen in the future but any of these new recruits could end up being all SEC or a All American before they're done at UT.

We're just getting warmed up and buTch closes really well in the last week before NSD.

Building a Champion #BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

The most well known players are 4 and 5 stars. I believe a lot of players aren't able to get the kinds of exposure that all 5 stars and 4 stars get. There are a lot of variables to consider as to why that is. For example family, support, where they play (state) and what high school they play for etc. There are more but my point is that there are 3 stars that are really really good and I believe that we got some of them this past weekend. Their offers confirm it, imo. :)

I don't agree with this. Jmo but I don't think it's affected us at all, yet anyways.

He is an Alabama legacy recruit as well. Cornelius was a BAMA superstar. I love Butch!
Every time we play them and he's out there Phyllis from Mulga will have her Urbans Complaint disease act up on her.

I'm sick and tired of the negavols. Do you not realize the assortment of players that Butch is assembling with NFL bloodlines and from championship HS programs? We are getting champions with championship DNA. This is not a joke. I'm stoked about this commit. BOOM!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

A settlement would likely mean UT is guilty of some kind of wrongdoing in this matter.

Is that the image and precedent that you want the AD at UT to set? I sure don't this suit is frivolous and without merit.

Reactions: 1 person
He's also a 3 star in the state of Florida who plays against very good competition. Not all 3 stars are created equal.

Also, how do know Alexis Johnson wont play at UT? Nothing has been decided yet so why jump to conclusions?

If you can get a commit from an STA player you go for it. More STA guys will/have played in the NFL than anybody out of IMG ever has or will...beeleeve dat...:rock:

GO VOLS!

We are saying that about everybody we are getting. Just wait until his senior season as if all of a sudden all these mediocre players are going to morph into 4 star beasts. The great players who are ranked 4 and 5 star players will get better also, so it is all relative. Let's be honest folks, we are settling for players right now that just aren't the kind of guys who have the star power to propel us to the top of the SEC.

Mind-boggling !

A settlement would likely mean UT is guilty of some kind of wrongdoing in this matter.

Is that the image and precedent that you want the AD at UT to set? I sure don't this suit is frivolous and without merit.

Sometimes you fall on your sword, sometimes you run away and live to fight another day. At this point all we can do is fight on. At the beginning, before the press was involved, this all could have been kept quiet with a payout. UT hasn't been perfect, I don't think we've been as bad as the suit claims either, and sometimes you just have to throw money at a problem to make it go away.

I don't agree with this. Jmo but I don't think it's affected us at all, yet anyways.

I think the fear from recruits is there will be worse info to come out. Also this case won't go to trial for over a year, if it looks bad will Butch bolt for an NFL position? Will UT be the next Baylor where the coach is fired to save face? These are legit concerns by kids planning out their next 4-5 years of football. We're knee deep in it now and UT has decided to fight the allegations so all we can do is lower our shoulder and keep pressing forward, well aware that things may get worse before they get better

Well, you know the rule. We go with whatever the highest ranking is by at least one of the major recruiting sites. #4*

Shame D4H can't be one of those dites.
We'd rank No.1 in 'cruitin.
Already have the Heisman on the shelf and there won't be no reason to play the season as we gonna win 'em all. :)

I think the fear from recruits is there will be worse info to come out. Also this case won't go to trial for over a year, if it looks bad will Butch bolt for an NFL position? Will UT be the next Baylor where the coach is fired to save face? These are legit concerns by kids planning out their next 4-5 years of football. We're knee deep in it now and UT has decided to fight the allegations so all we can do is lower our shoulder and keep pressing forward, well aware that things may get worse before they get better

At least they are fighting it. And for the right reason, because it is the right thing to do. If they really cared about sexual assault they would be suing James Franklin and Vanderbilt. Insread they are just trying to assasinate the image of a program that matters. Just goes to show how insignificant Vandy really is.

VN Store

Back