KY Recruiting Eclipse

Kentucky can bring much more to the table than UConn can ultimately if they decide to go all in on him. I agree with everything you said except the last statement though.
He could maybe make 2-3 more million at UK. He's going to make 7 million at UConn this year after his bonuses. He'll probably get another extension/pay bump after this season too. UConn basketball actually generates most of their athletic revenue, as they only make 4.5 million dollars a year on football, so I suspect they'll be willing to spend on it.

Outside of the money, Kentucky hasn't got much to offer. UConn is a better program than they are and are essentially the bluest blue blood in the 2000s. He makes a ton of money, his wife is a NE person with easy access to NYC. He can coach at UConn the rest of his career with virtually no pressure to do more than make the tourney and make a few runs. At UConn Jim Calhoun would win the NCAA title and then two years later he'd be in the NIT. Then he'd go to the Elite 8 and miss the tournament the next year. He was never under any pressure for the downs because of the ups. You don't get that luxury with UK fans. Cal has been hated for the last 5 seasons or more but his albatross of a buyout is all that kept him there until now. That was after making what, 4 straight final fours?

Don’t see that happening. Plus, I honestly don’t know if it’s a good fit. Hurley is undoubtedly a great coach, but if he’s challenging fans to fights and getting into it with the local media in Storrs, I’m not sure he could survive in Lexington.
Challenging fans to fights,🤔 I wonder if there are any rednecks in Kentucky that would oblige. A little bourbon and it could happen. 🍿

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Having lived in Jersey, it would make more sense to me to try to get as far away from Jersey as possible, but I guess everybody’s different
I’m guessing you’re not from there though? I too have zero desire to live in Jersey or remotely close but when he and his wife are both from there, spent 75% of their lives there (entire lives in the NE) and their families are still there it makes sense.

That crazy fanbase is another level. I think people maybe don’t take into consideration how high pressure that job is and hiw crazy those people are. UConn will come up with money it takes to keep him, and I think he would stay at UConn for less than UK is supposedly offering, assuming he still gets a raise. There is a lot to be said for lifestyle and a happy family. Depends on who you are. I’m not him and don’t know him, so I don’t know what he will, but I think he will stay at IConn based on what I know about him. He seems set on a dynasty and then the NBA. We will see, but Id be shocked if he went to UConn and I think it’s hilarious some guy is here with the “told you so” posts when nobody knows anything yet about the Kentucky hire.
Oh I don’t disagree. If you win you’re basically a king there though. Endorsement money and perks are more substantial though as well. The opposite side though is there is a lot of insanity there in that fanbase.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Oh I don’t disagree. If you win you’re basically a king there though. Endorsement money and perks are more substantial though as well. The opposite side though is there is a lot of insanity there in that fanbase.

Hurley can stay where he’s at with no pressure or take the chance of getting run out by UK’s crazy fanbase?

To me, that would be career suicide.

Again, I don’t think Hurley is an idiot. Lol

Hurley can stay where he’s at with no pressure or take the chance of getting run out by UK’s crazy fanbase?

To me, that would be career suicide.

Again, I don’t think Hurley is an idiot. Lol
He’s not an idiot either way. He’s going to get paid a kings ransom regardless. Stupidity won’t be the issue if he take the UK job, ego will.

$10M vs $5M over 10 years is over $50m with interest. That’s serious, generational wealth for a BB coach & his family.

VN Store

Back