KY Recruiting Eclipse

When I was an undergrad at BC, we played Hurley’s Seton Hall team and the crowd started cheering ‘Bobby is better.’ He proceeded to miss numerous free throws. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player be that affected by crowd taunting. He had a lot of problems while playing in college, drinking, drugs, quit the team. It’s definitely interesting to see his rise in coaching.
There was several schools that chanted that to him. I remember one school (I don’t remember who) was taunting chants pretty hard at Hurley and the melt down was quick and apparent.

However, there is zero denying his greatness as a coach right now.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and MORE MONEY.

Hurley has little to no pressure at UCONN.

He’s already accomplished great things for that program.

If he leaves for the UK job, the pressure will be undoubtedly greater considering the fanbase will want to run you out of town anything less than a Final Four.

He has nothing to gain at Kentucky.

If he leaves for the UK job, the pressure will be undoubtedly greater considering the fanbase will want to run you out of town anything less than a Final Four.

Driven people look for challenges. We shall see. I'm clocking out until then. Thanks.

Back to back titles; I think he's done all he can at Uconn. Kentucky can give him 10-15 million a year. Uconn can't come close to that.
No they can’t and no they won’t. UK paid Cal roughly $9M, they can’t afford $15M on top of paying a football coach $9-$10M. You think UK has the biggest wallet in the SEC? Because that would be the largest combined salaries of 2 coaches on campus anywhere in the country. Hurley will NOT leave UConn for UK. He’s a northeast lifer, his wife is a northeast lifer and that combined with ample resources and money at UConn gives him 0 motive.

Thank you. Somebody gets it. Watch UK throw a 100 million dollar contract at him. He has proven to be the best at it. No Vol Fan wants to see it happen, but if you were Kentucky, WHO would you go after?
Billy Donovan. SEC, NCAA and NBA proven commodity.

C'mon Man. Uconn can't come close to Kentucky in Basketball Money. Geeze.
UConn’s men’s basketall budget for the 2021-22 season (most recent data I found) was $24.1M; second highest in the country. You’re grossly underestimating how serious UConn takes basketball, despite 6 titles in 25 years being all the proof you need that UConn is a better program over the last quarter century than UK.

Reactions: VolTull
Hurley is a Jersey Guy born and raised. His wife loves Hurley coaching at Connecticut.

Happy wife, Happy Life. Kentucky should move on to Billy Donovan who they slobbering for as well.

UCONN has money and some serious boosters.

Again, there’s nothing at UK that he doesn’t already have at his current job.

We will see what happens. They have never paid a coach close to what Cal is paying. Having money and boosters isn’t the same thing as being willing to drop 9+ million on a coach. We saw that for years at Tennessee. We still have yet to pay that much. Again, there could be a difference.

No they can’t and no they won’t. UK paid Cal roughly $9M, they can’t afford $15M on top of paying a football coach $9-$10M. You think UK has the biggest wallet in the SEC? Because that would be the largest combined salaries of 2 coaches on campus anywhere in the country. Hurley will NOT leave UConn for UK. He’s a northeast lifer, his wife is a northeast lifer and that combined with ample resources and money at UConn gives him 0 motive.

Welp, This isn't aging well is it?

OK then. Get back with me in 3 days.
Don’t see that happening. Plus, I honestly don’t know if it’s a good fit. Hurley is undoubtedly a great coach, but if he’s challenging fans to fights and getting into it with the local media in Storrs, I’m not sure he could survive in Lexington. (Make that 2 days). lol

UK wants Hurley, and I'm saying they get him. 100 million.
Ok but you acted like it took 2 days to get him and you prophesied it. A dude on here says they offered him, nobody credible has reported that. I’ll take DH at his word for now that he and his family have no desire to leave the NE. He’s said 2x already since Monday that his wife has no interest in leaving where they are and that she was unhappy when he moved the family to Rhode Island and they were slightly over 3 hours from Jersey. He quipped I’m not trying to get divorced when I just started making money. When asked about the UK job again, he said I’ll let my wife answer that and she’ll give you a better answer than myself. $5M already obviously with more coming from UConn will buy his wife and family anything they could could ever want and they’re close to their families who are clearly aging. Believe it or not, money isn’t everything to some people, especially people with tons of it already.

Ok but you acted like it took 2 days to get him and you prophesied it. A dude on here says they offered him, nobody credible has reported that. I’ll take DH at his word for now that he and his family have no desire to leave the NE. He’s said 2x already since Monday that his wife has no interest in leaving where they are and that she was unhappy when he moved the family to Rhode Island and they were slightly over 3 hours from Jersey. He quipped I’m not trying to get divorced when I just started making money. When asked about the UK job again, he said I’ll let my wife answer that and she’ll give you a better answer than myself. $5M already obviously with more coming from UConn will buy his wife and family anything they could could ever want and they’re close to their families who are clearly aging. Believe it or not, money isn’t everything to some people, especially people with tons of it already.

Having lived in Jersey, it would make more sense to me to try to get as far away from Jersey as possible, but I guess everybody’s different

Oates was offered $12 million a year and Ky also would pay his buyout from turd. He turned them down.

Reactions: rgvol

Kentucky can bring much more to the table than UConn can ultimately if they decide to go all in on him. I agree with everything you said except the last statement though.

When I was an undergrad at BC, we played Hurley’s Seton Hall team and the crowd started cheering ‘Bobby is better.’ He proceeded to miss numerous free throws. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player be that affected by crowd taunting. He had a lot of problems while playing in college, drinking, drugs, quit the team. It’s definitely interesting to see his rise in coaching.
He was always pretty insecure about not being as good as his brother. That was always a sore subject with him in college. They played each other in the sweet 16 the next year, Danny stepped away from the team for a little while. He had some struggles for sure. I think he was well aware, as was everyone, that Bobby was better So one would think that the crowd would not have got to him that way.

Kentucky can bring much more to the table than UConn can ultimately if they decide to go all in on him. I agree with everything you said except the last statement though.
That crazy fanbase is another level. I think people maybe don’t take into consideration how high pressure that job is and hiw crazy those people are. UConn will come up with money it takes to keep him, and I think he would stay at UConn for less than UK is supposedly offering, assuming he still gets a raise. There is a lot to be said for lifestyle and a happy family. Depends on who you are. I’m not him and don’t know him, so I don’t know what he will, but I think he will stay at UConn based on what I know about him. He seems set on a dynasty and then the NBA. We will see, but Id be shocked if he went to UConn and I think it’s hilarious some guy is here with the “told you so” posts when nobody knows anything yet about the Kentucky hire.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back