Kyle Phillips status?

Let's not turn this thread into another Turtle. Take everything non-insiders say about players with a grain of salt. People just want their moment of fame. This guy left no source and has no real info. Move along.

(from the Shy Tuttle/ Alexis Johnson thread)Hubbs' comment is from Wednesday evening or Thursday ... Coach Mathews' is from this morning.

It looks to me like they both heard roughly the same update from the coaching staff, and came to somewhat different conclusions: Hubbs positive but guarded, Mathews flat-out positive, with the conditioning caveat.

Hubbs heard: "Tuttle is hitting all of his benchmarks early in his rehab and is progressing well."
Hubbs interpreted that to mean: "...doesn't mean he will be 100 percent by August or even week one but there remain plenty of optimism...."

Mathews heard: "...currently considered to be very near, if not already 100% healthy...."
Mathews added the caveat: "...conditioning could certainly be a problem [going forward]...."

Alternatively, it could be that the coaching staff heard Hubbs' interpretation of their Wed/Thu assessment, and decided to give Mathews something more definitive to correct the misinterpretation.

Whatever the case, I trust Doug Mathews' insights above just about any other radio/tv regular concerning the Vols.

p.s. One other reason to put faith in the Mathews assessment: back in March/April, Butch said something about Tuttle being on track to return by July. In Hubbs' remarks, he quotes the coaches as saying Shy is ahead of his rehab benchmarks. Ahead of July = June, not August. So not sure why Hubbs would conclude August for 100%. Sounds like Mathews got it closest to right, reading the tea leaves.

I'm happy to hear that KP is almost fully healed.

He'll be a total beast when he's 100%!

Our rotation at the DE position is going to be awesome!

D Wins championships.

WIN by WIN Team 120 will earn their respect...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back