LaDarrell McNeil injured (neck)

Some of you guys are overreacting...

Perry was never going to play this year. I think he could be good for us down the road, but he's behind Smith, Johnson, and PIG.

Croom, well, he can't stay healthy. Anything we get from Croom is just a bonus. Malone, North, Pig (if he can stay out of trouble), Smith, and Von will carry 80% of the workload this year. Croom, JJ, and Johnson will take up the rest of the workload left over.

McNeil, that hurts some, but Berry and TKjr are studs. I'm really not to worried here. If all else fails, Griffin can get some early PT or El. Berry can maybe move back to S??? Yes, no, maybe?

Jackson's injury is the worst of all. Our OL is the only real issue to worry about right now.

Gaulden's injury also hurts depth wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
FWIW, there is no significant drop off IMO with either Berry or TKjr. The pain is in lost depth.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes other schools go through this as well. Not just us. How do I know? I work at a power 5 school. Worked at 1 before this. Other fans are asking the exact same thing. Last year up here at tech they were down to about their 14th string running back due to key injuries. This is why we build depth. *hugs* it will be okay.

I agree. The strength and conditioning needs to be looked at for real. The season is in trouble before it even starts with how many injuries have occurred and how many starters have missed multiple days/weeks of practice before the season. It's definitely not normal to have this much attrition before even playing a game. I just hope that somehow it all ends before the season starts, but that'd hard to believe since the games are extremely physical every week.

How the hell is our strength and conditioning coach suppose to prevent a neck injury?

Reactions: 10 people
I haven't been thorough yet. But because of claims like yours, I have done a few cursory searches of other SEC programs. So far, UT has lost the most starters and key players in fall camp.

I know it isn't pleasant to think about. It might have been easily brushed aside with just one guy. But it isn't good to lose guys at this rate.

We can always depend upon you Sir, for the worst possible spin.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Some of you guys are overreacting...

Perry was never going to play this year. I think he could be good for us down the road, but he's behind Smith, Johnson, and PIG.
Smith hasn't stayed healthy either. Pig has apparently not learned his lesson after all.

Croom, well, he can't stay healthy. Anything we get from Croom is just a bonus. Malone, North, Pig (if he can stay out of trouble), Smith, and Von will carry 80% of the workload this year. Croom, JJ, and Johnson will take up the rest of the workload left over.
North has been injured. This is a deep group but some of those you've listed are also questionable.

McNeil, that hurts some, but Berry and TKjr are studs. I'm really not to worried here. If all else fails, Griffin can get some early PT or El. Berry can maybe move back to S??? Yes, no, maybe?
This group was a clear strength with 4 very solid players. No the 4th guy has to be someone unproven.

Jackson's injury is the worst of all. Our OL is the only real issue to worry about right now.

Jones has said ad nauseum that a lack of depth and experience were holding the team back. Losing talented guys with experience.... leaves you with depth and experience issues again.

This is a problem and one that Jones will have to solve to be successful. Someone mentioned negative recruiting... and someone could make that case right now.

Listening to the press conference Mcneils sounds bad. He was saying "neck instability" and "there's a special place in my heart for the kid" and "my heart goes out to his family."

Sounds bad.

We are very thin now at safety especially if Randolph goes down. More confident that Berry could jump in if needed for Kelly.

A lot of guys are getting worn down since our depth isn't where it needs to be compared to schools like Alabama. Our sophomores and juniors have a lot of mileage on them already.

Not buying. UT has depth at WR. They had a lot of guys taking reps at S. They had lots of guys taking reps at OL.

I don't know the exact source of the problem much less the best way to solve it. But it is a problem that needs to be solved. If it truly is fatigue then maybe some portions of practice need to be slowed some? Jones does emphasize "pace" in every portion of practice. Is that necessary or can the same end be accomplished some other way?

Ohio State's starting WR, Noah Brown, just went down yesterday with a season ending injury, but havent seen it on here. We hear about our players more because......they are our players. Injuries are everywhere and have affected most programs already this year.

I get that. But I'm surrounded by dawg fans and hear them talking about camp daily. They're talking about the QB competition for sure but haven't been hearing anything about injuries. I'm not saying it actually is worse at UT. It might be about the same but I haven't heard anything about injuries down here

I get that. But I'm surrounded by dawg fans and hear them talking about camp daily. They're talking about the QB competition for sure but haven't been hearing anything about injuries. I'm not saying it actually is worse at UT. It might be about the same but I haven't heard anything about injuries down here

It's possible to just get lucky and have very few major injuries in camp. So far, we are pretty damn unlucky during camp.

Other teams with relatively injury-free camps will have a rash of injuries during the season. Always happens. Maybe we will get lucky and have very few injuries from here on out. Or we could be extremely unlucky and lose roughly one guy per game to a season-ender.

McNeill injury isn't a typical injury stemming from practice. It appears more degenerative unfortunately.

Reactions: 3 people
Ohio State's starting WR, Noah Brown, just went down yesterday with a season ending injury, but havent seen it on here. We hear about our players more because......they are our players. Injuries are everywhere and have affected most programs already this year.

Noah Brown wasn't going to be a starter. I think defending national champs will easily be able to replace the 1 catch Brown had all of last year.

It's possible to just get lucky and have very few major injuries in camp. So far, we are pretty damn unlucky during camp.

Other teams with relatively injury-free camps will have a rash of injuries during the season. Always happens. Maybe we will get lucky and have very few injuries from here on out. Or we could be extremely unlucky and lose roughly one guy per game to a season-ender.

That's a good point. No one ever makes it through a whole season injury free. It just sucks to be this far from 100% before the season even starts

Both UGA and Bama have injuries. Injuries are a part of football.

http://www.fieldstforum.com/2015/08/21/uga-football-injury-update/

That makes me feel a little better but I still think the rate things are happening here seems high. Probably just plain old bad luck.

BTW I just moved to Suwanee. Need to change my location on my profile. So if you happen to be driving on a Saturday and see a giant inflatable smokey in someones front yard, stop by for a brew :hi:

That makes me feel a little better but I still think the rate things are happening here seems high. Probably just plain old bad luck.

BTW I just moved to Suwanee. Need to change my location on my profile. So if you happen to be driving on a Saturday and see a giant inflatable smokey in someones front yard, stop by for a brew :hi:

lol...will do. I love Suwanee. Great family city.

Noah Brown wasn't going to be a starter. I think defending national champs will easily be able to replace the 1 catch Brown had all of last year.

If it were 3 catches for 28 yards and a touchdown, they would definitely be in trouble.

They dodged a bullet.

VN Store

Back