Late season creme puff games - Dumb Idea

Volmania

Big Orange Fan
After seeing our lackluster performance last week, South Carolina's humiliating defeat to the Citadel today and Florida's struggle with FAU it seems obvious that late season creme puff games are a no-win situation.

Coaches are preparing for next week's real game, players are not motivated and the supposed victim sees it a chance to prove themselves.

If the big name team wins it doesn't impress anyone, if they struggle or heaven forbid lose they have humiliated themselves and their conference. In the early season these games are bad enough enough but at least the players are excited to just be on the field and they serve as a warmup game.

Florida in overtime against Fla-Atlantic. Very frustrating. We were about 8 inches to the right from representing the East in Atlanta.

Reactions: 1 person
USCe played much better against us like everyone else. They stink! That's why Spurrier quit

Agreed. Nothing to gain, but hopefully getting an easy W. UT sleptwalked last week. Fla and So Car did and it bit one of them and should've bitten the other. Fla's offense is a train wreck without Grier.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see the issue with it. It gives you a break from tough conference play and is a de facto bye week. If you can't run a vanilla game plan against a 2 win team and win handily then that's on the players for not being focused and it probably also speaks to the talent level of your team. It also gives more time for impact players to heal. I see no negatives in it.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't see the issue with it. It gives you a break from tough conference play and is a de facto bye week. If you can't run a vanilla game plan against a 2 win team and win handily then that's on the players for not being focused and it probably also speaks to the talent level of your team. It also gives more time for impact players to heal. I see no negatives in it.

That's exactly right....you said it better then I could have.
It's always been that way and it always will.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida in overtime against Fla-Atlantic. Very frustrating. We were about 8 inches to the right from representing the East in Atlanta.

Absolutely correct! It is disheartening that we're not representing and they are. Must be the luckiest Gators ever. They really are not a good team.

Absolutely correct! It is disheartening that we're not representing and they are. Must be the luckiest Gators ever. They really are not a good team.

Hopefully Houston will get to play Florida in the Peach Bowl. I'd love to see the Cougars skin the Gators.

VN Store

Back