LaTroy Lewis Earns 3 Year Contract The Raiders

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Tennessee-DL-earns-NFL-contract-after-minicamp-52666541

"It's safe to say LaTroy Lewis had a good rookie minicamp with the Oakland Raiders over the weekend.
According to reports on Sunday, Lewis signed a three-year deal with the Raiders after turning heads during camp.

Lewis had 77 tackles in his four-year career at Tennessee, playing in 44 games. He had 4.5 career sacks and 12 tackles for loss and recorded season-highs in solo tackles (20), assisted tackles (16) and sacks (2.5) as a senior in 2016."

Well that didn't take long. Lewis is officially a Pro. A VFL earning a place among the big boys.

GBO

Reactions: 49 people
He must have showed out to earn a contract this fast. I'm more than trilled for the kid. Make us proud Hoss.

Reactions: 4 people
Guy worked and worked and worked for us. Love seeing a story like this. I hope he plays 20 years and makes a fortune. Congrats LaTroy!

Reactions: 8 people
He's a really good guy too. So happy for him. Don't care for the Raiders but I hope he has a Bill Bates type of career.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd say ol Kahlil might have had a little something to do with this.

Not to discredit LaTroy, but that was pretty damn fast.

I'd say ol Kahlil might have had a little something to do with this.

Not to discredit LaTroy, but that was pretty damn fast.

If by little you mean nearly nothing except for a vouch that Latroy is of good character...then yes, he had a little something to do with it.

Reactions: 3 people
If by little you mean nearly nothing except for a vouch that Latroy is of good character...then yes, he had a little something to do with it.

A reference is more or less what I meant. Like a "hey Dad, LaTroy is pretty good, works hard" etc...

A reference is more or less what I meant. Like a "hey Dad, LaTroy is pretty good, works hard" etc...

I think that would be really cool if it was true. But I sort of doubt the NFL works that way. Having said that, I am super happy for him and I hope he continues to impress.

Lewis is a guy that probably would've started for a lot of teams in the NCAA. Playing behind a guy like Barnett for much of his career probably didn't help him as far as snaps to show what he had. Glad he's getting an opportunity in the NFL! Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
Lewis is a guy that probably would've started for a lot of teams in the NCAA. Playing behind a guy like Barnett for much of his career probably didn't help him as far as snaps to show what he had. Glad he's getting an opportunity in the NFL! Go Vols

With Lewis getting a 3 year contract as a udfa, Vereen going to Belichek, and Barnett being a first rounder, Stripling was damn good at his job.

Reactions: 6 people
With Lewis getting a 3 year contract as a udfa, Vereen going to Belichek, and Barnett being a first rounder, Stripling was damn good at his job.

I always thought he was our best position coach on D. Martinez was a huge disappointment, and despite being a great recruiter, I've never felt like Thig gets all he can from his LBs. Strip couldn't control injuries, but if his guys had stayed healthy, I think our team would have looked a lot different.

VN Store

Back