Leave Gabbie Marshall Alone! Deletes social media due to hate YouTube

Death threats are obviously totally unacceptable; and should be punished! (andI believe that any credible Death Threats are pursued) But when you run your mouth excessively, you open yourself up to criticism.
That’s passion so it’s ok for nba and mens college basketball to talk **** and be passionate but soon as a girl does it it’s a problem?

You don’t like what she says or do ok beat her it’s that simple😂

In fairness Angel acts a jackasš on the court and every time she gets a mic. No idea about how this girl comports herself.. however, either way, it’s never okay to attack people personally. The worst thing people should ever say is “she’s not a good player” or “her attitude sucks” but commenting on anything further is inappropriate imo.
Marshall taunts players as well, so I guess she deserves whatever she gets.

Guess players not aloud to taunt,talk ****,or anything ..just gotta stand there and be robots smh well I guess that’s what he’s saying
That message was for the people that said Reese deserved it since she trash talked Clark. Nobody deserves that, I don’t care if players taunt or trash talk, u see it every game.

The Uconn player lowered her shoulder and extended it into the Iowa player. It WAS a foul. Do they call all legit fouls? No. But this foul occurred right in front of the Official and affected the play. Totally reasonable to call it. Totally ASININE to give this girl grief. I think it's related to the Clark/Iowa Hate.
I just think it's UConn fans doing their thing .... whenever they lose in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I haven’t seen anything but I don’t go online to seek out the social media platforms opposing players (mostly because I just don’t care about them enough). I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of it was related to gambling. But of course you’ll also get trolls and nut jobs.

Players should just keep their social media private or at least limit who can comment. It’s sad they should have to do it but it’s an unfortunate truth of being online.

I just think it's UConn fans doing their thing .... whenever they lose in the NCAA Tournament.
You "think", but you know nothing. There are crazies out there just waiting for their opportunity. I guess you just couldn't wait to blame it on UConn fans. We hate that also, no place for it in WBB.

Yes, if you look at it, it was a foul. But, Gabby admitted that it was going on the entire game. If that's the case, why call it with 5 seconds left if they let it go before. The problem is inconsistency with the officiating. It is only getting worse, and the NCAA has to do something about it. Set the rules in the first quarter and let them play.

Reactions: Trixietrouble
Yes, if you look at it, it was a foul. But, Gabby admitted that it was going on the entire game. If that's the case, why call it with 5 seconds left if they let it go before. The problem is inconsistency with the officiating. It is only getting worse, and the NCAA has to do something about it. Set the rules in the first quarter and let them play.

Obviously, all except the most partisan fans want consistency.

But your choice of wording has to be appreciated for its humorous spin. Typically, "admitted" is used when someone is confessing her own wrongdoing or agreeing that the speaker herself received favorable treatment...not when someone else got the undeserved benefits. Do you have experience doing PR for a politician?

Also appreciate the complaint that "We got away with it all game long, so why couldn't we be allowed to foul at the end of the game?" The classic speeder's argument ('I drive this fast on this road every day...why am I getting a ticket now?").

A bold defense, sir! Well done!

Keeping on Gabbie Marshall have not seen her trash talk anyone. Watch some of their games last few years having not seen it. Watch several of press conference . There's nothing there . She's going in the Medical field because of her brother medical problems inspired Gabbie Marshall to want help others. Seems like a sweet girl. In the games she's been a player to help the other team player up.

Last edited:

But your choice of wording has to be appreciated for its humorous spin. Typically, "admitted" is used when someone is confessing her own wrongdoing or agreeing that the speaker herself received favorable treatment...not when someone else got the undeserved benefits. Do you have experience doing PR for a politician?

Also appreciate the complaint that "We got away with it all game long, so why couldn't we be allowed to foul at the end of the game?" The classic speeder's argument ('I drive this fast on this road every day...why am I getting a ticket now?").

Still getting used it this browser update @creekdipper
Believe Gabbie Marshall said she thought it was a illegal screen when the press ask her. And she said they had done it earlier. Gabbie Marshall just answer questions on illegal screen. Like she said she didn't make the call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
[A quick housekeeping thought, Mudcat. When commenting on a quote, be sure to scroll down far enough to separate your thoughts from the original quote. I've accidentally done that before, too, and my remarks got swallowed up and absorbed into the other poster's comments. Thanks.]

Agree that Gabbie seems to be a class act. Complimentary to opponents, gives all-out defensive efforts (usually against opponents' best offensive guards, often bigger than Marshall), fearless when setting picks, clutch shooter, consummate teammate. Saw her get up Sunday after being knocked down, rub the top of her head, and simply say,
"Ouch" to herself. No swearing, no complaining to refs, no gestures. Just a tough young woman with the sweet heart and enthusiasm of a young girl just beginning her basketball journey.

And a gum-chomping fiend!

My highest admiration. Well thought, well stated, very accurate. o7

Keeping on Gabbie Marshall have not seen her trash talk anyone. Watch some of their games last few years having not seen it. Watch several of press conference . There's nothing there . She's going in the Medical field because of her brother medical problems inspired Gabbie Marshall to want help others. Seems like a sweet girl. In the games she's been a player to help the other team player up.
I’ve seen her do it and I’ve only watched Iowa twice, and that’s both games they played against Angel Reese and LSU.

Seriously? What did she do? Never saw anything amiss.

Still getting used to this browser update. @creekdipper

I watch most of Iowa Hawkeyes NCAA tournament games
And all their final four games
Like to know time of game where Gabbie Marshall did some trash talking? Give game time what quarter of said game.

I am gonna put this out there for all the world see (i.e. 418 or whatever people who follow this site) .

If gabby did some trash talking in games, that does not warrant death threats and social media harassment (and the same general principle holds for Angel Reese or any other player).

Some of these posters seem all in on "blame the victim." I wish it were just Uconners but its not....

Last edited:
I am gonna put this out there for all the world see (i.e. 418 or whatever people who follow this site) .

If gabby did some trash talking in games, that does not warrant death threats and social media harassment (and the same general principle holds for Angel Reese or any other player).

Some of these posters seem all in on "blame the victim." I wish it were just Uconners but its not....
The woman in the video had one good Theory about it.
Could be people who lost a bet on that game.

You can make fun of me all you want, but I'm not talking about only this game. The consistence for the entire season, tournament or not, is an embarrassment to the profession. You know if the LVs were on the short stick here, you would agree with me. But my comment is regarding the entire sport for every game. If they call things the entire game like they do in the first quarter, I can live with that even if they suck. Just be consistent, that's all I ask. BTW, after every LV loss the fans here are always complaining about the officiating, so don't try to single me out as a poor loser. Thats my opinion, but I'm not losing any sleep over the game. We still have the men to carry on our championship tradition.

You can make fun of me all you want, but I'm not talking about only this game. The consistence for the entire season, tournament or not, is an embarrassment to the profession. You know if the LVs were on the short stick here, you would agree with me. But my comment is regarding the entire sport for every game. If they call things the entire game like they do in the first quarter, I can live with that even if they suck. Just be consistent, that's all I ask. BTW, after every LV loss the fans here are always complaining about the officiating, so don't try to single me out as a poor loser. Thats my opinion, but I'm not losing any sleep over the game. We still have the men to carry on our championship tradition.
Congrats.

VN Store

Back