Legitimate chance to win by 14?

The key to winning this game is pressuring Stetson. They must forget trying to sack him and instead go for pressure and containment. Trying to sack him results in missed tackles and him running wild for yardage or until someone pops open. Containment and pressure forces quick bad throws, which is what we want.

Reactions: CPVOL
I think this is about where it shakes out, possibly worse for uga if Stetson crumbles under the pressure of playing from behind.

UGA has been stockpiling 5 stars for years. This is really the first time they’ve had to get up for a game this year. Our boys have expended a ton of effort and emotion and produced some amazing results. it’s hard to imagine that doesn’t put some miles on the odometer. Im blown away by the results, but I can’t help but believe that eventually the realty of the rosters will show. I’ve been wrong about this team more than I’ve been right, so here is hoping I’m wrong again.

They are talented but lost several to the draft from last year and are going to be missing a really good LB on Saturday and possibly some other players. We are firing on all cylinders right now. It should be a good game, but i think no one has had an answer for our speed of plays and I don't expect them to either. We should be able to tire that defense a bit and with some down field throws stop them from trying to blitz. if we pick the blitzes up we could score a lot of points on Saturday.

Possible if UGA turns the ball over leading to short fields for our offense to work with. I wouldn't count on that though. Expect a game going into the fourth quarter.
I don't have any expectations. I'll be disappointed but not completely shocked if UGA finds a way to slow UT down and bully the D for a two TD win. I won't be shocked if it is nip and tuck and decided on the last possession. I'll be ecstatic but honestly not shocked if UT takes advantage of the youth in their secondary to grab an early lead then commits to shutting down their run game and short passing game to produce a convincing UT win.

I would love to be more certain but I just don't think we know for sure how good UGA truly is. They've beaten the snot out of the worst SEC teams but does that really predict how they'll do against the better SEC teams?

Wow! I had to look it up because I'd never have guessed it given the absolute dominance of their defense last season, but it's true.

2022 Team Statistics

I know they lost half the starters in the NFL draft, but this is still really surprising considering how well they've been recruiting.
They haven't gotten many sacks but they have produced pressure.

I cannot find a good source for that stat. Going off my own observations.

Tennessee has been pretty good at stopping the run this season, and has gotten even better game by game. If the Georgia RBs don't get gaping holes to run through, Bennett has to throw more. Get pressure on him early and often. He's already shown he can be rattled and throw into coverage. The secondary showed out against Kentucky, and if they play at the same level Saturday, it could be a long day for the bullpups.

Offense plays like it did vs Bama and Defense plays like it did vs KY and it absolutely could, especially with them losing 2 big time players. They will replace the "talent" but not the experience and I would hate to lose my best defensive player vs this offense.

I guess it depends on how much “come back” Georgia gots in them. Everyone gets down by 3 scores to Tennessee……so yea it’s definitely possible.

Except Pitt

When you put up 52 pts on Alabama you can put 40 on Georiga and that will be plenty to win!No team in the Country has even come close to stopping our offense!
Yeah, we blitzkrieged them last yr. in the first quarter. This year will be even better; our O is better and their D is not as good.

UGA has been stockpiling 5 stars for years. This is really the first time they’ve had to get up for a game this year. Our boys have expended a ton of effort and emotion and produced some amazing results. it’s hard to imagine that doesn’t put some miles on the odometer. Im blown away by the results, but I can’t help but believe that eventually the realty of the rosters will show. I’ve been wrong about this team more than I’ve been right, so here is hoping I’m wrong again.

Alabama is just as, if not more talented than UGA.

While Stetson Bennet has performed admirably, he’s no Bryce Young.

They haven't gotten many sacks but they have produced pressure.

I cannot find a good source for that stat. Going off my own observations.
Teams have been getting the ball out in 3 seconds instead of standing in the pocket.

For some reason I feel good about this game. But one factor is UGA’s favor is that they basically run the same defense as Bama. They can break down what Bama did wrong and try to avoid.
I do think that our offensive line is so good that it’s going to be tough for them to generate pressure without sacrificing back end coverage.

If you can disrupt the rbs he passes disrupt the passes the rbs run disrupt both of them he runs . Not to mention defense pass rushing all day. It could get one sided seriously. I’ll stick to my post.

I look at it differently. Our boys have expended effort and emotion in the first half of the season. We have had a great schedule this year to regroup after every game. Momentum has picked up and the most important aspects of this run has been short memory, the business like approach, playing with house money, Leadership, adjustments, and Coaching. You get a team that does this well and believes but is not overconfident then the sky is limit. This is how teams, businesses, and organizations exceed their capabilities.

I will add one other caveat to your argument. This team is loaded with upperclassmen who experienced losing more frequently than they can stomach. Now that they are winning consistently and convincingly, they are finding that sensation to be positively addictive; they are feeding off of it and want more of it. They are still very, very hungry, plus we have a virtually unstoppable offensive scheme.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
My only concern with GA is Muschump. He has always been a good schemer vs UT.

I think it's a very real possibility if they start slow, and they have done that a lot against lesser opponents. Definitely possible

VN Store

Back