Les Miles year 3

I would hv thought Miles would hv been successful just like Coach Barnes in b-ball has been... would hv been a great hire imo....

But then I see Kansas and they suck.. so that makes me think maybe he’s lost it! 😂

Kansas has no facilities, no tradition, poor fan support. I’m not a big Les fan but that’s a real tough job. Hell, if they didn’t cheat like crazy in basketball, they’d suck at that also.

Certainly better than we are now. 3rd best team in the East. Probably not winning championships, but we would be in that 7-9 win a year range, which is looking pretty good right now given this dumpster fire.

Les also from a resumè perspective, would prolly be the best coach we would have ever hired in last 40 years or so.

He slid a little and got lazy. He was a darling to the fans when they tried to fire him the year earlier and fans revolted. He was empowered and prolly didn’t feel the need to change much because at that point, he had the “they won’t fire me if they couldn’t already” mindset.

His firing was definitely a wake up call and O think he prolly could have rebounded to end his career on high note. After the Schiano mess, I wanted Kiffin. After that ship sailed, I was huge on Miles coming here to stabilize things. I think he and Fulmer could have been a great duo. Les just would have had to hit homeruns with his OC and DC hires

It really is a nuanced question. I think we would recruit about the same level of talent. Yes, Les, like all SEC coaches except Saban, is destined to be as good or bad as his coordinators.

A: Saban could neither recruit at nor win at Kansas. You can argue, but think about it. It is true. No one will win there except one or two seasons per generation.
Les is simply doing what he loves at a place where football is played for obligation. He is better than Kansas deserves. His record there is not a reflection of him as a coach.

He did stagnate at LSU, but he would have managed a Natty with Joe Burrow. His legacy will be determined when we see Coach O go forward with LSU level talent. He will never beat Saban without Joe Burrow. Simple as that. Orgeron can coach, but he is not great. LSU is on par with UGA talent-wise, but that is a loser against Saban 9 out of 10 times.

Guess what, I read Hugh Freeze beat Saban twice with the high octane offense. Well now Saban has that offense, and Freeze could never beat him now. It takes a freak season like Cam Newton or Joe Burrow to do that now. Unless you are Gus Malzahn. He beat BAMA with teams that had no business doing it. Can't explain it, but it happened.
Well maybe. If Joe Brady calls the plays with Burrow then yes Miles also wins that National Championship. I give Orgeron credit for staying out of the offensive way and letting Brady do his thing. I like Miles but he is known for taking the reigns as the riverboat gambler. So hard to know if things would have turned out the same.

The problem at UT is everybody wants to run it like it's their own play toy. The big money boosters enjoy their own power and influence..and don't wanna give that up to a guy like a Saban for example. They'll sacrifice winning big as long as they can be the big shots...and I'm not sure Fulmer wants a coach who anyone would think is better at football than him...like a Les Miles. He wants to be able to strut in the hallway as the "legend." This is a major problem. Pruitt is young and safe. Even if he wins he'd never reach the "legend" status of Fulmer. He knows that. I believe everybody at UT wants to win...but they want to keep their power first and foremost.

The problem at UT is everybody wants to run it like it's their own play toy. The big money boosters enjoy their own power and influence..and don't wanna give that up to a guy like a Saban for example. They'll sacrifice winning big as long as they can be the big shots...and I'm not sure Fulmer wants a coach who anyone would think is better at football than him...like a Les Miles. He wants to be able to strut in the hallway as the "legend." This is a major problem. Pruitt is young and safe. Even if he wins he'd never reach the "legend" status of Fulmer. He knows that. I believe everybody at UT wants to win...but they want to keep their power first and foremost.
I think alot of us has wondered this at some point..

Kansas is a tough place to win look at all their coaches record, however they had a few good seasons in the early 2000's when the big man Mark Mangino was coach there. Les Miles is a good coach with a NC can't judge him by his time at Kansas but there will be plenty on here that will but thats just pure ignorance

That I disagree with, this team played hard and 98 percent of time did not quit. They were well motivated. Not playing sound football is totally different argument

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree then. The intensity level of Tennessee games now is a joke. The rivals aren’t really excited about playing Tennessee. You think Florida & Alabama were fired up? Ga may have been since the Vols were undefeated but that was it. I think the team quit this year vs Ky, Ark & Auburn once they fell behind. I

Mack Brown
You are damn right!
They said the same things about him when he stepped back into coaching. Miles was the perfect candidate given our situation at the time. He could have taken this team and won 8 games with them easily.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Fulmer coached against Miles.

Bottom line here is that Fulmer WILL NOT HIRE, COACH, EMPLOY, COMMUNE, OR DIALOGUE with any former rival head coaches about anything. If he does he loses a lot of reputation (in his mind) for doing so.
He’s a piece of crap. Seriously. I despise him. Hope he sees this on Christmas too.

Everyone else... merry Christmas.

I have never not had hope with this program until now. And I forever backed Fulmer. Not now, not ever as far as Fulmer. I’ll never drop this team though in any sport. I’ll follow them all forever

I’m not sure who I wanted when Pruitt was hired that was realistic. I wanted Gruden, but wasn’t realistic.
I was honestly happy with the Pruitt hire, and thought we lucked into a great situation with him. Oops

I remember now. I wanted Leach. Another oops.
Why is that an opps?...He's 10X he coach Pruitt is and for taking over a team with litterly no talent at all he did pretty well his first season...Don't get how people think a new coach in his first year at a school is going to set the world on fire...Leach will have them beating a lot of teams before he gets done there...At least our offense would've been exciting with him here.

Nobody does good at football at Kansas...It's worse than Vanderbilt as far as a coaches graveyard....It's a place 2nd chance coaches go to try and make history...But fail they do yes.
Mark Mangino wasn't bad.

Lol. Miles is 1000x the coach Pruitt is. If Miles were in the SEC only Saban would be the better coach.
Don’t agree with that. I believe Smart has already done more to show he’s better, along with potentially Dan Mullen. I’d take either of those 2 over Les tbh, even Kiffen or Drinkwitz.

Mark Mangino wasn't bad.
Ok i'll give you that one...He was 50-48 while he was there and that is quite the accomplishment...He also took them to the Orange bowl in 2007 and ended with a 12-1 record...Over a quarter of his wins came in one year.

VN Store

Back