Let’s talk about it

You and the others that keep spouting this nonsense keep looking dumb.

Unfortunately, Tennessee keeps looking dumb. While all the other SEC schools upgrade their head coaches, UT continues to shop the discount aisle smack-dab in the middle of their worst football stretch in 130 years.

Unfortunately, Tennessee keeps looking dumb. While all the other SEC schools upgrade their head coaches, UT continues to shop the discount aisle smack-dab in the middle of their worst football stretch in 130 years.
So the unproven never a head coach Kirby Smart brand new hire ... how would you have taken that if we did it? Always an upgrade when it works.

I’m not gonna lie I’m that rare breed that appreciated Pruitt.
If he had Heupel as OC we wouldn’t be in this convo but here we are .
We have talent - Hype (can I coin that as mine ?) has a shot to have an amazing year 1 offense - we will see what he does from there
I think Heupel will be successful his first 3 years, but i'm unsure after that.

Pruitt just wasn't a Head Coach. But the man knew talent. He improved our roster so much that with even with all the transfers, there is still a solid pool of players.
People laugh at the McDonalds bag thing, but that's NOTHING compared to what other schools do.
And Pruitt was really just doing status quo in regards to recruiting. Lets be honest here...that wasn't the problem. He just lost to often and to badly.

Yeah I love fulmer but being a national champ coach doesn’t qualify you as an AD... completely different job qualifications so I never knew if that was a smart move or not. I still don’t want to believe that about Pruitt especially after what JJ said about him but it could be true... either way we’re on to something new and hopefully better
It's like Pruitt treated the players great but was unable to do the same for adults

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I think Heupel will be successful his first 3 years, but i'm unsure after that.

Pruitt just wasn't a Head Coach. But the man knew talent. He improved our roster so much that with even with all the transfers, there is still a solid pool of players.
People laugh at the McDonalds bag thing, but that's NOTHING compared to what other schools do.
And Pruitt was really just doing status quo in regards to recruiting. Lets be honest here...that wasn't the problem. He just lost to often and to badly.
If we won games that wouldn’t have been in the news for sure ... I truly trusted Pruitt on evaluating talent and still do- development ... ehh..

I’m 100% on board with you on the Heupel thoughts ... unfortunately I’m on team I’ll take an exciting 3 years over what we’ve had though

So the unproven never a head coach Kirby Smart brand new hire ... how would you have taken that if we did it? Always an upgrade when it works.
At Least kirby cut his teeth in this league. Bad comparison

It really didn't make any sense especially since Tee was already titled associated head coach if I'm saying that correctly. The entire situation is just really strange, it makes me feel like none of them can be trusted.
Thats a very good point. But it goes back to why Tee wasnt interviewed after Pruitt was fired.. Unfortunately he is tied to Pruitt and the terrible attempt at running a program.
Tee Martin was never a problem here. Always an asset. As a player and coach.

Reactions: Eastknox865
At Least kirby cut his teeth in this league. Bad comparison
Fair enough ... I think UT thought he was the next best thing ... and I agreed ... UGA, bama, FSU ... championships... it actually was equally as solid of a hire as Kirby was for uga resume wise... just didn’t work out ... and that’s our luck lately

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
All we can do is hope for the best who knows this guy may become the next best thing. Is he a leader of men or not we will see. Me personally I think I may have to watch at home and give my season tickets up. I practically raised my son in Neyland stadium and after all these years we are still rebuilding. I just don't think a can pay for another rebuild.

Thats a very good point. But it goes back to why Tee wasnt interviewed after Pruitt was fired.. Unfortunately he is tied to Pruitt and the terrible attempt at running a program.
Tee Martin was never a problem here. Always an asset. As a player and coach.
It's about to snow ❄ you actually agreed with me😁

Reactions: LittleVol
All we can do is hope for the best who this guy may become the next best thing. Is he a leader of men or not we will see. Mr personally I think I may have to watch at home and give my season tickets up. I practically raised my son in Neyland stadium and after all these years we are still rebuilding. I just don't think a can pay for another rebuild.
I hate that for the whole fan base and for future vols. But I completely understand it ... my excitement and hope for a season isn’t what it used to be . I love my vols so much but I no longer schedule my Saturday’s around being able to watch it live

It's about to snow ❄ you actually agreed with me😁
Just...wait on giving up those season tickets. Go through Spring practice, listen to summer reports and then fall camp. Then decide
.Think about what weve all had to go through in life these past 12 months.
Now imagine you being able to take your little fella to Neyland against Bowling Green with 100,000 people in the stadium :).

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Just...wait on giving up those season tickets. Go through Spring practice, listen to summer reports and then fall camp. Then decide
.Think about what weve all had to go through in life these past 12 months.
Now imagine you being able to take your little fella to Neyland against Bowling Green with 100,000 people in the stadium :).
LittleVol my son is 23 now and we are still rebuilding 😔 I have great seats Y10 row 2 and don't want to give them up but I've never had a bad day in Saint Croix. I thinking extra vacation yearly. 🤔

Reactions: LittleVol
LittleVol my son is 23 now and we are still rebuilding 😔 I have great seats Y10 row 2 and don't want to give them up but I've never had a bad day in Saint Croix. I thinking extra vacation yearly. 🤔

Ahh he's a big man now lol. Okay. Well in that case...St. Marteen. St. Croix area all solid. St. Thomas.
But JAMAICA is nice :).
Me and my pops was supposed to do a Philippines trip a long time ago, but we never got the chance.

Whether the Vols are good or not, its more important to make memories with your son for sure.

Ahh he's a big man now lol. Okay. Well in that case...St. Marteen. St. Croix area all solid. St. Thomas.
But JAMAICA is nice :).
Me and my pops was supposed to do a Philippines trip a long time ago, but we never got the chance.

Whether the Vols are good or not, its more important to make memories with your son for sure.
Covid opened my eyes this year. I opted out of my tickets for the year and bought a 65 inch OLED and a new grill. I figure I can just watch at home while drinking heavily.

VN Store

Back