Let us all stand together!

Forgive me, but does anyone here truly wait to hear the words, "It's basketball time in Tennessee." As a charter member of the AHMHHC (All He Man Hoops Hater Club) I say hire someone today and start the petition tomorrow. Just entertain me until summer camp starts, because then it is almost time to hear those truly magical words -
"IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!"
:td:GBO

Um...then how about get out of the basketball forum?

Reactions: 2 people
Cuonzo felt 0 heat his first season.

Got a complete pass on his second season even though it was marred by bad losses and more head scratching recruiting.

You've got your head in the sand if you truly believe that.

Not saying the guy didn't turn out to be right, but we had a thread calling go Zo's head 12 games into year 1. After last year there was a pretty big group saying he needed to be axed.

We can hold a summit and draft a resolution of support,... and all sign it... we might even get around 36,000 signatures :birgits_giggle:

If whoever it is will teach the boys what it is to be a great human and show them how to put a marketable product on the court, I don't think he will have any problems whatsoever.

Cuonzo felt 0 heat his first season.

Got a complete pass on his second season even though it was marred by bad losses and more head scratching recruiting.

Ran out of excuses by season 3.

Will the new coach get the same treatment? Zo has somewhat lowered expectations due to his recruiting. But if there aren't signs of progress by Feb 1st 2017, the new coach will be feeling heat too I'd guess.

What?

Year one people are still complaining about even though he took a team picked 11/12 or 12/12 in the SEC to 2nd place.

The same with year 2 without Maymon.

Year 3? People complaining all year even though we never had a losing record and it was possible to make the tourney. Make the Sweet 16 and people cry we didn't beat anyone.

The new coach will have more scoring , talent and experience back than Martin's first year. The same ones that complained about Martin should hold the same standard. Tourney no matter what.

Last edited:
What?

Year one people are still complaining about even though he took a team picked 11/12 or 12/12 in the SEC to 2nd place.

The same with year 22 without Maymon.

Year 3? People complaining all year even though we never had a losing record and it was possible to make the tourney. Make the Sweet 16 and people cry we didn't beat anyone.

The new coach will have more scoring , talent and experience back than Martin's first year. The same ones that complained about Martin should hold the same standard. Tourney no matter what.

Only one player above a three star and we don't know if the surgery was a success or not. Martin's first starting five were all 4*'s. Follow him out to Cal.

Only one player above a three star and we don't know if the surgery was a success or not. Martin's first starting five were all 4*'s. Follow him out to Cal.

Nobody Martin got was as good as JRich. Hubbs hurt did way more than Mcrae healthy their freshmen years. Davis/Reese did as much as Maymon had under Pearl. DT and Golden had similar seasons and DT is a way better pure pg. So we do have more proven talent back.

Martin didn't inherit a 5 star and a Jr that averaged almost 20 points during a Sweet 16 run.

Forgive me, but does anyone here truly wait to hear the words, "It's basketball time in Tennessee." As a charter member of the AHMHHC (All He Man Hoops Hater Club) I say hire someone today and start the petition tomorrow. Just entertain me until summer camp starts, because then it is almost time to hear those truly magical words -
"IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!"
:td:GBO

n00b

If the AD wants instant buy in then he needs to hire someone who's earned it through past performance at the highest levels. Otherwise, the best that the new guy can hope for is an apathetic wait and see fanbase until he gets to year 3 or 4.

How long should we wait to see improvement? Should we expect to see tournament by year three?, four?. Should we expect a coach going into his fourth year to have a solid SEC caliber roster?

Doesn't take that long in basketball with the right guy pushing the buttons.

If the AD wants instant buy in then he needs to hire someone who's earned it through past performance at the highest levels. Otherwise, the best that the new guy can hope for is an apathetic wait and see fanbase until he gets to year 3 or 4.

I'll support the new hire from day 1. I'll cheer on the Vols from day 1. I don't need to wait till year 3-4 to decide if I want to be a Vol fan or not.

To each their own I guess.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back