Let us consider what KJH might be doing

That’s what competitive practices are for as well as beating up on Carson Newman. I get the premise behind the thought but it’s early in the season to go to Columbus and drop a game to see what we got.

In four seasons at NC State she had an overall winning percentage of 52%, 44% in the conference.

In 18 seasons of coaching coming into this year her total win percentage is 59.7%.

You can debate whether that's "bad" but it certainly ain't great...

What would her path had been hard she come back to Tennessee to be an asst coach under Pat in her early years?

In four seasons at NC State she had an overall winning percentage of 52%, 44% in the conference.

In 18 seasons of coaching coming into this year her total win percentage is 59.7%.

You can debate whether that's "bad" but it certainly ain't great...

Excellent use of the lies, damn lies, and statistics principle!!! Bravo!

Some might say her time at Tennessee is the more relevant gauge.

For her first 3 seasons:

Overall: 63–27 (.700) and Conference: 30–15 (.667)

Number one this is not a theory because I do not know what is in KJH’s mind, however, we will get a pretty good idea within a few more games. If she continues to look lost and inept, then we will know she is over her head and needs to be replaced. A lot of the issues should have been determined and resolved during preseason practice. However, preseason practice does not always resolve issues when you are trying to bring a new group together. It may take a few regular season games. I don't know what your coaching experience has been but that has been mine at the high school level.
Now I am loath to disagree with an educator such as yourself. Teachers are the most underpaid and under appreciated folks in the country.
But, I feel like the situation Kelli is dealing with, basically an elite eight team arriving on campus to be combined with an existing elite eight team is a more complicated task than what a high school coach might face in preparing for the season.
I really think we will be very pleased with this team by the start of SEC play. That is if Jordy is playing and the creekdipper don’t rise.

It's been 8 years since her stop at NC State. In that time, she has taken two teams to the SS and resurrected a moribund UT program. To call her a bad coach with that record destroys your credibility.
oh lord don’t try to bring common sense into this argument. they don’t like that

It's been 8 years since her stop at NC State. In that time, she has taken two teams to the SS and resurrected a moribund UT program. To call her a bad coach with that record destroys your credibility.
She had poor records as much as she succeeded at a school with a weak schedule in a weak conference. She never won that conference. She made 2 NCAA appearances with one first round exit and one Cinderella run (gracious to call it that) without anything impressive to get there. She has only marginally improved Tennessee succeeding the biggest idiot ever to serve as a major college head coach. I actually like her, but she is defined at this point

Hi Chippo, If you accidentally delete the end quote bracket, ] , your comment doesn’t get separated from the original post. Hit edit and add the end quote bracket symbol, and you can fix that.

Glad you support Kellie. I do, too. The guy who started this thread has been calling to get rid of her in many of his posts. Then, of course, there is at least one poster in this thread who is a fan of another school. Gets tiring to read.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Two teams to the Sweet Sixteen? What's the other team besides her 2019 Missouri State team?

This TO thing has bothered me for years trying to figure out why we don’t play with awareness and teamwork. Maybe we will get there. This last game we played was with no fire and defense requires fire. These players have to decide to play better for each other by taking care of the ball 1st. Not being afraid of getting beat but get out there and play some D. We have had talent like this team and squandered it. I think it was 2017 group. They did not value the ball either. I hate to see these young ladies fail to reach their potential because of not having the right attitude. Go Big Orange

She had poor records as much as she succeeded at a school with a weak schedule in a weak conference. She never won that conference. She made 2 NCAA appearances with one first round exit and one Cinderella run (gracious to call it that) without anything impressive to get there. She has only marginally improved Tennessee succeeding the biggest idiot ever to serve as a major college head coach. I actually like her, but she is defined at this point
Holly was an All American for the Lady Vols and a loyal and a great assistant to Pat for 30 years. She probably would have been happy serving as assistant head coach with Pat for the rest of her career but fate intervened. She gave her all to being the head coach and it didn’t work out. It is tough to follow a legend. She deserves our appreciation for all the many great things she did for the Lady Vols. As far as the unsuccessful stint as head coach goes I’m sure it bothers her as much or more than any poster on here and does NOT diminish all the other great things she has done as a LVFL. Your rude and disrespectful description of her as the “biggest idiot” says infinitely more about you than her.

I hate to respond this diatribe but I can't help myself. As for the "Cinderella run without anything impressive to get there" (so I guess it wasn't a Cinderella run after all), the LVs suffered injuries to four key players: Marta Suarez out for the season; Keyen Green lost for most of the season; Jordan Horston lost for the last 3rd of the season (and all tournament action) and Rae Burrell who did come back after missing numerous games but who was a shell of her pre-injury self. Getting that injury-riddled team, that was relying heavily freshman, to the Sweet 16 was helluva of a coaching job.

Last edited:
In what world, do you have Darby, and Key in the game, and you do not play half court? Lineups, should be set. With back ups known, and different styles, yes she should work on them but fast court with Key, and Darby...a dream half court duo, is a waste of time, and confusing is she really working on line up or evaluating talent. If is the later, she has no control of what she is doing? Seriously, what is the point... On any planet, was that just stupid or what. Anyone thing Key and Darby are effective in that offense? Does she even know how to use Key?

Holly was an All American for the Lady Vols and a loyal and a great assistant to Pat for 30 years. She probably would have been happy serving as assistant head coach with Pat for the rest of her career but fate intervened. She gave her all to being the head coach and it didn’t work out. It is tough to follow a legend. She deserves our appreciation for all the many great things she did for the Lady Vols. As far as the unsuccessful stint as head coach goes I’m sure it bothers her as much or more than any poster on here and does NOT diminish all the other great things she has done as a LVFL. Your rude and disrespectful description of her as the “biggest idiot” says infinitely more about you than her.
Best post in months!

After 13 years of head coaching, Dawn Staley had never outright won her conference and had only once taken a team as far as the SS. That was after eight years of Temple and five seasons at SC. Was she defined at that point?

In what world, do you have Darby, and Key in the game, and you do not play half court? Lineups, should be set. With back ups known, and different styles, yes she should work on them but fast court with Key, and Darby...a dream half court duo, is a waste of time, and confusing is she really working on line up or evaluating talent. If is the later, she has no control of what she is doing? Seriously, what is the point... On any planet, was that just stupid or what. Anyone thing Key and Darby are effective in that offense? Does she even know how to use Key?

I'm not sure what we're talking about. You don't think they should fast break on offense or they shouldn't press on defense?

A lot of work to be done.....
5d0224bd210000a718ede22c.gif

Reactions: volmanNC

VN Store

Back