Let's talk about Jalen Hurd - Eddie George is.

Like my friend Patrick Ramsey once told me...once you see SEC or NFL speed and you recognize it, the game slows down for you and you begin to play at a higher level.

This kid is a freakin BEAST!! After watching his two big runs last night, he reminds me so much of Eddie George. He has super star written all over him.

Wow!!! Much faster than I thought he was.

I actually thought he was gone on that first run. I was a bit surprised he got caught.

really excited about this kid, he did great--- I will say though he does not have breakaway speed as we saw him get run down from behind last night....

really excited about this kid, he did great--- I will say though he does not have breakaway speed as we saw him get run down from behind last night....

Fast people get run down from behind all the time. Getting "run down from behind" doesn't mean jack ****.

Why no toss sweeps ? Can't the line pull and seal the end? To me it looks like a natural play for Hurd .

It is hard for an offensive lineman to pull and seal an end from their back looking up. The OU front 7 owned the line of scrimmage last night, pure and simple. I think our young line did a lot of growing up last night that will payoff this season.

Reactions: 1 person
For all the negavols out there how does this sound

Jalen Hurd....back to back SEC freshman of the week. If he get is this week that's 2 out of 3 weeks of his college career. When was the last time we had a kid do that?

This kid is a freakin BEAST!! After watching his two big runs last night, he reminds me so much of Eddie George. He has super star written all over him.

He will only get better with experience. He and Lane can make a very good 1-2 combination.

It is hard for an offensive lineman to pull and seal an end from their back looking up. The OU front 7 owned the line of scrimmage last night, pure and simple. I think our young line did a lot of growing up last night that will payoff this season.

Agreed, that's the level of competition you wanna play before you start the sec gauntlet..it's gonna be fun again to watch

Once in decade type player IMO. He is a bruiser but has deceptive elusiveness. Oh and he's just a freshman as well. I wish marlin lane would get more carries or run harder (honestly can't tell if it's him or the coaching staff)

We will need him and Wolf bigtime in the early part of next season, until Dormandy gets settled in at Q>B.

Good running game and a good short pass offense with the tight ends will work for three or four weeks until Dormandy can be let loose to pass more.

How is a 4.37 not SEC speed?

Ignore the Dooley like fans. They don't understand that Hurd didn't break 3 big plays by accident. They don't understand the other team has fast guys. They don't understand these guys are DBs and are 20 yards down field already and have an angle on him.

Reactions: 5 people
He's looked great!! He's plenty fast and I would guess that DB runs around a 4.5 as well.
A guy at 6'4 will never look as quick as a Percy Harvin type regardless of how fast they actually are.
The things I love the most are his maturity, toughness, and he holds on to the ball while falling forward.

He does it all . Ya'll need to go back and watch replay ,the only time striker got blocked was when Hurd stayed in to protect and "his speed" really we are lucky to have him he will do very great things here

Perhaps it was their line of scrimmage blocking, but I watched UGA/USCe game and I couldn't help notice the differences in speed of their RBs and ours. I want Hurd to be tremendously successful, but Scott looked faster in the O/W game and that speed seemed to be more similar to what I saw last night in the UGA/USCe game.

Don't know Hurd's/Scott's "clocked speed" but running with a football among tacklers is different than running in shorts/tee-shirts on an open 40 yard piece of turf.

Be glad when they're both on the field in a 1-2 punch scenario.

Am I right that he didn't play much after that good drive and the pick 6? My initial thought was that he was getting in a groove, the game was pretty much over, and Butch didn't want GA to have a lot of film on him, so they backed off on his carries. If so, I like it. OK looked gassed when he started running it downhill.

He does it all . Ya'll need to go back and watch replay ,the only time striker got blocked was when Hurd stayed in to protect and "his speed" really we are lucky to have him he will do very great things here

His pass blocking is crazy awesome, especially for a freshman.

That said, I don't see that he has the second gear that truly great backs can turn on.

VN Store

Back