Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

lastlapuncle

I read where among the improvements to the baseball stadium is also naming rights.Why don't we go with Kroger field,or IGA field,or Halsom field.What the hell is wrong with Lindsey Nelson?If we do this,when will we rename Neyland Stadium,orShield-Watkins field?Why not Panasonic Stadium or Technic turntable field?Please,can we not keep legendary named arenas the same name?

I read where among the improvements to the baseball stadium is also naming rights.Why don't we go with Kroger field,or IGA field,or Halsom field.What the hell is wrong with Lindsey Nelson?If we do this,when will we rename Neyland Stadium,orShield-Watkins field?Why not Panasonic Stadium or Technic turntable field?Please,can we not keep legendary named arenas the same name?
MLB teams rocking corporate labels on the unis this season.. Dollar Store etc.. terrible.
I suspect college to do the same at some point..

Uhh because they got an extra $8 mil to pump into the stadium

Not Bunttown
how-to-bunt-dont-hit-a-dinger-mens-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Sorry. Tony considers it a huge win.
Game over.
It’s just so ugly and bush league looking. I mean my high school team has natural grass and real dirt. My little league fields had it.

There is no reason an SEC baseball program should have fake grass painted brown instead of dirt on their field. None of the SEC power programs use it besides Vandy which famously has basically no AD funds. Hell, I can’t think of a power team in the entire country that uses it besides Texas, but they have the old school dirt cut outs around the bases.

Arkansas, USC, LSU, UF, Miss St, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, A&M.. all playing on a real baseball field. Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri… and us… are the only ones using chopped up tire bedding and green and brown plastic .

If tony likes it, more power to him. But its only benefit is drainage. Besides that, it screams were a not taken seriously poverty program.

If a public high school can manage this, so can UT as a top 10 baseball program in the country.

It’s just so ugly and bush league looking. I mean my high school team has natural grass and real dirt. My little league fields had it.

There is no reason an SEC baseball program should have fake grass painted brown instead of dirt on their field. None of the SEC power programs use it besides Vandy which famously has basically no AD funds. Hell, I can’t think of a power team in the entire country that uses it besides Texas, but they have the old school dirt cut outs around the bases.

Arkansas, USC, LSU, UF, Miss St, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, A&M.. all playing on a real baseball field. Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri… and us… are the only ones using chopped up tire bedding and green and brown plastic .

If tony likes it, more power to him. But its only benefit is drainage. Besides that, it screams were a not taken seriously poverty program.

If a public high school can manage this, so can UT as a top 10 baseball program in the country.

We have turf because of poor weather in early part of the year. We use to have all kinds of delays or rainouts cause of field conditions. Haven’t had one since installing turf. Also allows us to us it in the field in the fall and winter more.

So. It’s NOT all about the money? We seem to have a communication problem here…

Right. Don’t get the renovations/facilities we want (and Supers go to Hattiesburg), fans complain. Raise the money to get said facilities and fans complain that ADs are “all about the money.”

Yes. Raising money is a huge part of an AD’s job. If folks don’t realize that, they’re idiots.

Right. Don’t get the renovations/facilities we want (and Supers go to Hattiesburg), fans complain. Raise the money to get said facilities and fans complain that ADs are “all about the money.”

Yes. Raising money is a huge part of an AD’s job. If folks don’t realize that, they’re idiots.

Not /everything/ need be for sale--that's the point. A lot of people would like to keep the stadium name the same--not rename it "Earl's Gun Emporium and Baseball Stadium" or "Vinnie's Itallian Food Palace and Baseball Stadium" because Earl or Vinnie ponied up a few million dollars. We will soon have a 20-team Southeaster Conference--if you can call it a conference--thanks to the need/greed for money. Programs will be raising banners for coming in 5th. It is the world we live in: Athletic directors and pro-team owners would sell naming rights to their stadium bathrooms if somebody offered.

Reactions: Volfan1000 and txbo

VN Store

Back