Loser Rattler

I’ll always believe they were stealing Banks signals. He never played like close to than before or ever again. Beakers offense was trash before & trash since.
Well, they did beat Clemson @Clemson as well about 2 weeks later. They got hot late that year, played ND pretty well in the Gator Bowl also. Collectively, we as a fanbase are desperate to find any excuse for that face plant. The truth is that secondary was the soft underbelly of that team and we just had the misfortune of having it fully exposed that night by a dude who got dialed in and made throws and it lit the fuse for that night game crowd and became a snowball rolling down a hill. That is always a danger in these SEC venues. We are not the first good team to get ambushed by an underdog in the SEC on the road at night. Then you have the demoralization of Hooker being injured late snuffing out any hope of a comeback. It was a perfect storm.

Reactions: PA Vol and Okie
He will starve in New Orleans! No Neyland grass to eat! Last time, he got a steady diet of it in Knoxville!

Well, they did beat Clemson @Clemson as well about 2 weeks later. They got hot late that year, played ND pretty well in the Gator Bowl also. Collectively, we as a fanbase are desperate to find any excuse for that face plant. The truth is that secondary was the soft underbelly of that team and we just had the misfortune of having it fully exposed that night by a dude who got dialed in and made throws and it lit the fuse for that night game crowd and became a snowball rolling down a hill. That is always a danger in these SEC venues. We are not the first good team to get ambushed by an underdog in the SEC on the road at night. Then you have the demoralization of Hooker being injured late snuffing out any hope of a comeback. It was a perfect storm.
Kamal Hadden sure redeemed himself last year.

Well, he whooped our azz that night. Best night of his career. Glad we got some payback last year.
It’s difficult & times, but I try not to take comfort or joy in someone’s misfortunes, including those who I dislike.

He torched us in 2022 and cost us a chance of a playoff run but such is life in sports.

Go Vols!

Rattler seems to be an example of the kid who was never told no. He was far superior to all of the kids he played with growing up. People in Phoenix treated him like he was already a 10x Superbowl winner when he was in HS. He believed what they sold him: that he was awesome and people should treat him so. Reality caught up with him at Oklahoma where his "greatness" was bettered by Jalen Hurts and Caleb Williams. That was the best thing that could have happened to him. I haven't kept up with him much since he left OU, but wish him well.

I’ll always believe they were stealing Banks signals. He never played like close to than before or ever again. Beamers offense was trash before & trash since.
All I know is that they played Offense as if they had our play calls. Rattler thew dimes everywhere. Woulda made Joe Montana blush for one night. A real bad time. Glad we corrected it this year.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It’s difficult & times, but I try not to take comfort or joy in someone’s misfortunes, including those who I dislike.

He torched us in 2022 and cost us a chance of a playoff run but such is life in sports.

Go Vols!
You are right. There are bigger things in life, it is difficult sometimes though.

Reactions: vol94
Clemson lost that game more than SC beat them. They won because Clemson fumbled two kick returns & their QB played terrible. Rattler actually threw 2 INTs, 1 a pick 6 vs Clemson. Not close to the same performance level of 9 straight TDs.

The game was already outta hand by the time Hooker got hurt.

Last edited:
Clemson lost that game more than SC beat them. They won because Clemson fumbled two kick returns & their QB played terrible. Rattler actually threw 2 INTs, 1 a pick 6 vs Clemson. Not close to the same performance level of 9 straight TDs.

The game was already outta hand by the time Hooker got hurt.
Two INTs, but you’re conveniently forgetting two passing tuds, a rushing tud, and going 25-39 for 360. I’m sure you just accidentally forgot to add those deets

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back