LOTS TO WORK ON

I don’t think our defense is as bad as it looks. Barnes seems to be playing the bags on the perimeter at times. When the other team Gare I don’t think our defense is as bad as it looks. Barnes seems to be playing the Biggs on the perimeter at times. When the other team guard presses a screen we have been switching defenders. This leaves or big on their guard who immediately drives to the the basket.
Why would Barnes play this way? To get our bigs moving their feet. They will become better defending in space. And, in the event they are forced to defend a guard in a critical situation will be able to do so.
When the V game was up for grabs we went back to guard on guard.
I could be all wrong but I think Barnes know what he’s doing.

Size and quick guard driving the ball seems to really effect our defense as we get beat off the dribble a lot. Vandy has both and shot I think a little more like you’ll see them do the rest of the season. They remind me of Barnes second year team at TN. Very young and make you earn everything you get but have a tough time getting over the hump. I was afraid we might be peaking to soon and maybe some of that’s so but there’s plenty of time to get things worked out by tourney time. I still expect us to stumble a few times along the way as this conference seems to get better every week. Beware LSU, Ole Miss and Miss St along with everyone else as they’ll all be out to knock us off and last but not least the Wildkittys are really starting to hit their stride right now. Go Big Orange 1 game at a time!
I thought Vandy might be a sleeper team in the SEC before the season started. Injuries have hurt them and they're not as bad as their record reflects. Lots of good SEC teams this year and there's a lot of ball left to play. We can't overreact if we lose some games. Nobody is unbeatable in basketball this year. Williams performance last night is something I'll never forget...also that dunk by Bowden!!! Geeezus how was that not #1 on Sportscenter?!?!?

Reactions: lastlap

VN Store

Back