Louisville games

Possibly that late. Don't they play the Sweet 16 games at 7 and 9 time slots? I'm pretty sure from here on out, we play in the afternoon.

If my work schedule pans out.......I plan on being there. Hopefully a lot of other Vol faithful make the trip up here as well. I have no doubt Purdon’t fans will have a good showing.

Sweet 16 generally starts late afternoon/ early evening now. Used to spend them out more, but think they have them all closer to prime time now. I think they stagger them so the two middle games overlap. 1st game of one region with 2nd game of another. If I had to guess, it would be something below. Also willing to bet we are 2nd game. Better matchup for prime time (UVA v Oregon/UCI) and more rest for 1 seed UVA.

East
5 est
8 est

West
7 est
10 est

Reactions: sport3500
I believe they stagger them so the two games overlap. 1st game of one region with 2nd game of another. If I had to guess, it would be something below. Also willing to bet we are 2nd game. Better matchup for prime time (UVA v Oregon/UCI) and more rest for 1 seed UVA.

East
5 est
8 est

West
7 est
10 est

Yes, but it's more like 7 and 9:30 East, 7:30 and 10 West.

I’ll be there if we make it to to Saturday. Waiting on the time for Thursday to see if I can make it up there in time or not.

UVA will most likely get the 7:00 tip off and we’ll get the 9:30-10:00ish. It’s going to be a late start. Should be a lot of Purdue fans since Lafeyette is about at 2 1/2 hour drive and they have a pretty big fan base.

Virginia will be playing a team from the west coast. Hoping they get the second game tip to bring in the TV audience from the Pacific Time Zone.

UVA will most likely get the 7:00 tip off and we’ll get the 9:30-10:00ish. It’s going to be a late start. Should be a lot of Purdue fans since Lafeyette is about at 2 1/2 hour drive and they have a pretty big fan base.

Purdue fan base is not based solely in tiny Lafayette / West Lafayette, but truly throughout Indiana. One-third of state poplulation lives in Indianapolis metro area which is less than 2 hours away. UT fans from Nashville area are almost as close and hopefully will join in numbers representing the Vols.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Sweet 16 generally starts late afternoon/ early evening now. Used to spend them out more, but think they have them all closer to prime time now. I think they stagger them so the two middle games overlap. 1st game of one region with 2nd game of another. If I had to guess, it would be something below. Also willing to bet we are 2nd game. Better matchup for prime time (UVA v Oregon/UCI) and more rest for 1 seed UVA.

East
5 est
8 est

West
7 est
10 est
They don't start any sweet sixteen games at 5 I think the first two will tip at 7 and 7:30

Reactions: Boca Vol
They don't start any sweet sixteen games at 5 I think the first two will tip at 7 and 7:30

They usually start at 7 & 7:30 then 30 mins. following the previous game.

Gonna be a great day. My Rays open against the Astros at 4 (Verlander vs. Snell) then the Sweet 16 at 7! BOOM!

If chalk holds, they could give Gonzo/FSU and UVA/Oregon the late games because of the West Coast teams.

Purdue fan base is not based solely in tiny Lafayette / West Lafayette, but truly throughout Indiana. One-third of state poplulation lives in Indianapolis metro area which is less than 2 hours away. UT fans from Nashville area are almost as close and hopefully will join in numbers representing the Vols.
Oh I didn’t know that. I figured most would be IU fans. I’m guessing more northern Indiana fans are more likely to be Purdue fans and southern Indiana are IU fans?

Oh I didn’t know that. I figured most would be IU fans. I’m guessing more northern Indiana fans are more likely to be Purdue fans and southern Indiana are IU fans?
Yep. Also, there's a bunch of Purdue fans in Indianapolis. I'd say the state is pretty evenly split

The further north you go, the more Notre Dame and Michigan fans you'll find. But Purdue's alumni are prestigious and spread around, just like ours, so they'll represent.

VN Store

Back