Love Coach Prime or hate him...

S.C. OrangeMan

But he's greatly improved the Buffaloes' football program in a hurry.

They beat ASU last night and are now 4-2, with a close loss to Top 10 USC. They're not Top 25 caliber yet, but they're much better.

Colorado is discussing a reported 10 year, 166.something dollar deal to keep him in Boulder for a long time.

Nit bad gur a team that was 1-11 last year.

They beat ASU last night and are now 4-2, with a close loss to Top 10 USC. They're not Top 25 caliber yet, but they're much better.

Colorado is discussing a reported 10 year, 166.something dollar deal to keep him in Boulder for a long time.

He is having quick success. Can he recruit? Develop talent? Have sustained success in the new league?

I know its flashy and fun and exciting...but I wouldn't whip out that kind of money just yet. JMO

He is having quick success. Can he recruit? Develop talent? Have sustained success in the new league?

I know its flashy and fun and exciting...but I wouldn't whip out that kind of money just yet. JMO
I think he knows his limitations as a coach. If he's able to hire and retain talented coordinators/assistants and be content to just be the "face" of Colorado....a CEO type of head coach, he'll be very successful. His name and reputation will garner all the attention he'll need to get on TV and be successful as a recruiter. When they hired him, I thought it was a huge mistake. Now, I think it actually might be a stroke of genius. I've heard him in several interviews, and I came away impressed. He won't be everyone's cup of tea, but he'll be a force. The question with him will be can Colorado keep him? I can see him being an attractive target for a lot of struggling programs. All I know is that I hope he doesn't end up in the SEC. It's tough enough with Texas and OU joining.

I think he knows his limitations as a coach. If he's able to hire and retain talented coordinators/assistants and be content to just be the "face" of Colorado....a CEO type of head coach, he'll be very successful. His name and reputation will garner all the attention he'll need to get on TV and be successful as a recruiter. When they hired him, I thought it was a huge mistake. Now, I think it actually might be a stroke of genius. I've heard him in several interviews, and I came away impressed. He won't be everyone's cup of tea, but he'll be a force. The question with him will be can Colorado keep him? I can see him being an attractive target for a lot of struggling programs. All I know is that I hope he doesn't end up in the SEC. It's tough enough with Texas and OU joining.
I couldn’t agree with you more. If he honestly wants to keep coaching he could very likely continuously attract high level coordinators and assistants. And the player talent level could increase every year by recruiting and the portal. Like you say, if he can be a CEO type head coach, he might do very well.

I don’t see him staying with the Buffs for the long haul, but who knows. I do think that if he wants to continue as a head coach it’s very possible that he will be successful so long as he handles it correctly. And I agree, I hope he stays away from the SEC.

That is the one thing he can do.
the rest is still a question, but when you get the number one high school player in the country, Travis Hunter, to commit to play for you at the FBS level, you can definitely recruit.

He basically replaced the whole team, so he hasn't improved anything. It's not like he took the same guys and got more out of them, that's infinitely harder.

I respect what he has done so far.
I don't think he is an X's and O's coach, for sure. That is what assistants are for in his coaching style. He is the guy making the commercials.

Players think he can enable them to play at the next level, and that is a valuable recruiting tool.
The down side to him is these players have no feeling or loyalty for Colorado football. That will bite the program when he moves on.

Thinking about it, Miami may be his perfect landing spot.
They have a history of prima donnas and Me, Me, Me players.

The entire team are mercenaries.
To be fair, Deion was always kind of a mercenary when he was in the League. He went from the Falcons to the 49ers, which were division rivals back then for some crazy reason . He then went to the Cowboys, which was a huge rival of the Niners back in the 90’s and then from the Cowboys to the Redskins, which is/was one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL . That probably seems pretty tame now, but back then you didn’t go from rival to rival . I’m not sure what to expect from him moving around as a college coach, but I think him being in Boulder long term probably won’t happen.

Neither love him or hate him

That is the one thing he can do.
the rest is still a question, but when you get the number one high school player in the country, Travis Hunter, to commit to play for you at the FBS level, you can definitely recruit.
Wut. He didn't recruit him by some miraculous recruiting talent he has. His NFL celebrity status as a great DB recruited a great DB. Hunter idolized Sanders before they ever met and he's using this kid wrong and he's hurt and will probably be hurt again if they keep making him play 150 snaps a game. Furthermore ESPN and the media did the rest of the recruiting by putting Neons face on screens everyday. Her didn't really do anything special.

I actually was surprised they beat ASU. They have a lot of losing to do the rest of the year. They are not a good team and I sense they are very near imploding. Their OC is legit and has been the very bright spot of the whole situation.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back