‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

I'm wrong...a lot, but I seem to recall...again, a risky proposition with me...that Heard was dead set on LT? If the staff gets Heard to accept your scenario, I don't think anyone could doubt their "ability to close" as that would be one helluva great sales job.
Would be a huge landing of a huge need.

Heupel being honest and forthcoming probably will help him in the long run. Right now the used car salesmen of the world seem to be doing well.
Yeah, but I'm glad to have a guy who's legit. At the end of the day, like attracts like. I want to remain proud of my alma mater.

A lot of the OL criticism ignores the post Pruitt losses and “the missing class” that plagues us. OL is a developmental position. We have some promising recruits, but not many kids develop an SEC body in two years. It’s also the scarcest NIL position. Add to that the demands of our scheme, and the hill gets even steeper. We’re in on good players. We’ll crack it. Everyone understands we have to.

You’re like Charlie Brown on Adderall. Words like “aggressive” are just nonsense terms. We talk to players immediately upon them being available. We interview their HS and current coaches within a day of portal entry. We pay competitively and have a very high hit rate on portal players. What sort of extra “aggression” would you like? We also have an OL coach who has done more with less. Judge the completed OL when we have one. We don’t yet.
I think some of these bozos are wanting to lock a guy in a room and make him the Godfather "offer he can't refuse".

-Zach Berry, Ole Miss On3
And on the heels of having claimed the moral high ground, this news drops. Slime ball wins again? Geez. Where's the balance/justice in this new world of college football? Michigan cheats their way to a possible natty and Kiffin is obliterating the portal and might be in a similar position next year. Do nice guys really finish last?

You’re like Charlie Brown on Adderall. Words like “aggressive” are just nonsense terms. We talk to players immediately upon them being available. We interview their HS and current coaches within a day of portal entry. We pay competitively and have a very high hit rate on portal players. What sort of extra “aggression” would you like? We also have an OL coach who has done more with less. Judge the completed OL when we have one. We don’t yet.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY

You guys? That's a rather inclusive blanket you're using, there. My post was fairly innocuous with relation to revealing any personal feelings on our recruiting efforts on the OL. I merely noted how strange it is that we have had trouble filling those spots in the portal so far with so many positive aspects to sell.
sorry that your post was quoted It was not directed at you or your post in particular...It just so happened that was the last of the posts I read before deciding to say something. and you are correct your post was probably the most nuanced and least mattress-burning of the bunch.

Reactions: cncchris33
For all these OM portal additions what are the odds all these guys actually get fully paid?
Well UF fudged up with a QB prospect and didn't make payments. Maybe Ole Miss is gonna have problems with writing checks they can't cash, too? I'd love to see it. Not counting on it, but an old man can dream, no?

The key difference between Bennett/Shrader and Dayne Davis is that uga and mizzou played them because they were the best st their position, we played davis because we had no other option
you do realize the best we have and no other option means the same thing? he is the best we had at the moment. Just like JG was the best we had, Colton Jumper was the best we had. That does not mean he will be the best we have come spring. It does not mean the player himself won't improve.

Let's just admit it some folks just love complaining and taking on the victims' role. Everything is the worst thing ever. Every missed block and missed tackle is a sign of the end of times... Funny story if you look at end of year PFF scores for UT PFF Grades: Tennessee Football 2023 Season Grades | Rocky Top Insider there are some interesting tidbits. Like Dayne Davis graded out barely behind Mincey and ahead of Campbell and Crawford. Even funnier we graded out way better in pass-blocking as a team than run-blocking. The icing on the cake is our coverage graded out well above run defense and slightly ahead of pass rush.

Sometimes your eyes lie to you.?

Has Ole Miss gotten rid of half of their roster. How can they sign this many folks. Did they have a ton of seniors.

I expect yelling, shaking of fists, and many demands lot and lots of demands.

I think by being aggressive, to me. It means driving to him. Knocking on the door, and listening. Developing a relationship. Like Rodney did with the DL before he committed to LSU😩

Wait, Ole Miss is getting both????
I just got off the phone with an OM friend and they are wondering the same thing we are. Where is OM getting this money? He doesn’t think the Realtree guy is responsible for all the spending. Thinks they have taken out a loan hoping that signing all these guys will encourage more people to contribute to their collective.

I just got off the phone with an OM friend and they are wondering the same thing we are. Where is OM getting this money? He doesn’t think the Realtree guy is responsible for all the spending. Thinks they have taken out a loan hoping that signing all these guys will encourage more people to contribute to their collective.
IMG_4657.gif

Reactions: volsfan_17
folks, this is why message boards get a bad rap.

-Zach Berry, Ole Miss On3
Be interesting to follow this mass portal play at Ole Miss to conclusion. In this room for example, have they already secured the other three positions with what they see as equitable 24' NIL deals or will they want adjustments or hit the portal or create internal issues. Lots of moving parts to this brave new portal and NIL world.

As a certified Kiffin hater I am of course HOPING, not predicting, this ploy blows up in his face with massive discord in the meeting rooms. Hope he has a fall from portal grace similar to Deion, though he for sure has a better starting position. I just feel his oft demonstrated lack of character creates unforseen issues. It is obvious that their AD does not place a lot of value in character in coaching hires. Might work. Glad our high character BB coach spanked their character impaired, but obviously talented coach the other night.

Reactions: orangejuice

VN Store

Back