‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

AP has been “confrontational” about this staff last 5-6 weeks. Complaining about lack of Pt, recruiting, etc.

It was in-season, too. Tried the pod out a few times this season. Just constant questioning everything about Heup’s decision making. Couldn’t listen.

My uneducated and also probably wrong opinion that I’m running with is that he doesn’t get info he did with previous staffs. Feels slighted.

So, how does it work that we are having conversations with him when it’s a dead period. He can call us but we can’t call him?

It was in-season, too. Tried the pod out a few times this season. Just constant questioning everything about Heup’s decision making. Couldn’t listen.

My uneducated and also probably wrong opinion that I’m running with is that he doesn’t get info he did with previous staffs. Feels slighted.
I can't listen to any of those podcasts. It's so mundane.

Reactions: MarcoVol
So, how does it work that we are having conversations with him when it’s a dead period. He can call us but we can’t call him?
Good question. I'm also curious about the dates of the dead period. When does it end?

I think that's part of it. But rumor has it that he had commitment videos filmed with some recruits and then they flipped after he had been hinting they were in the fold. Wether it was due to NIL or other factors we will probably never know.

It just makes AP seem more like a disgruntled fan than a reporter.

This staff is much more tight lipped. They go about their business and fill in where they can.

AP golfed and hung out with Pruitt. He got lots of information from it and received much more news.

Is it possible that some of the coaches are growing tired of his schtick? Maybe his feelings are hurt that some of these guys aren’t as chummy any more. Not that he’s a bad guy but his personality is not for everyone. I can see tough-guy old school coaches being rubbed the wrong way by his golfy “brand.” Without good info, he risks losing “insider” status and he’s pouting.
If I was a kid, I wouldn’t tell him jack.

That’s probably a good guess. Guys like Butch & Pruitt used VQ to control the narrative, and fed them info.

That doesn’t at all seem like Heup’s style.

Penix is off tonight. Sucks
Yeah he’s off but he’s not used to having this amount of pressure either which likely is impacting his rhythm and accuracy even when he’s not pressured as much. It’s basically strength on strength (Washingtonms OLine vs Michigan DLine).

That’s probably a good guess. Guys like Butch & Pruitt used VQ to control the narrative, and fed them info.

That doesn’t at all seem like Heup’s style.
Actually despised it and called it out in here a few times. I hated how we looked horrible on the field but AP and VQ pushed needing more players and issues always being on the players.

Is it possible that some of the coaches are growing tired of his schtick? Maybe his feelings are hurt that some of these guys aren’t as chummy any more. Not that he’s a bad guy but his personality is not for everyone. I can see tough-guy old school coaches being rubbed the wrong way by his golfy “brand.” Without good info, he risks losing “insider” status and he’s pouting.
If I was a kid, I wouldn’t tell him jack.
Im sure his job is harder than it was before NIL. He has to bring people information about recruits and put his name on it. The kids change their mind and he looks like he doesn’t know what he talking about. People trash him constantly over it so it’s easier just to say it’s $9.99 fluid.

I think this is totally wrong. He is clearly the one media guy that always knows what the staff is doing and thinking. Typically when he is wrong it’s because he relies too heavily on the biased opinion of those on and around the staff.

The annoying thing is that nobody cares about AP’s opinion on coaching and the game, but sometimes he blends that with inside info.

VN Store

Back