‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

True

The loyalty to the older, much less talented players is def a theme.

it’s mostly a problem in the secondary room. Let’s hope that’s a thing of the past now with most of those guys being gone or leaving anyways.

This coming weekend is the big stuff... now all the players from the Washington, Michigan game hit portal. I have a feeling Washington has a decent amount of ok players.. Michigan likely less, unless Harbaugh is going to the NFL
Washington's Right Tackle = would not take (if in portal). 🫣

Reactions: JacketVol
I was only saying they make it easy not to listen. Lol . Also their own staff openly picks about how negative Hubbs is. He's like a lot of posters here. The glass is half empty.
But Hunbs has always been that way. It just seems that Hubbs has rubbed off on AP.

And my earlier posts weren't necessarily bashing AP, but more of the perception he has given lately. And I'm sure the flips hasn't helped.

View attachment 608344View attachment 608347
Comparing the first 3 years of each. And Heupel took over a much worse situation with the NCAA stuff and only 57 scholarship players in year 1.
While we’re comparing Kiffin and Heupel, I thought it might be interesting to compare Harbaugh’s trajectory at Michigan, since they just won a NC.

Harbaugh obviously inherited a much better situation than Heupel. But Heupel nonetheless did better in Years 2 & 3. Also, notice how common the 3rd year dip (after a 2nd year “we’re back” season) is with successful program-building coaches. Same thing happened with Urban Meyer at Florida, Stoops at OU, and others.

It took Harbaugh until his 7th year to make the CFP, then he made it for 3 straight years (obviously, the CFP expansion will make that easier for Heupel). He won the NC in his 9th season.

Also of note, these are the recruiting class rankings that comprised Michigan’s NC-winning roster, according to 247:

2023: 20 (overall), 17 (composite), 17 (transfer)
2022: 12, 9, 56
2021: 13, 13, 39
2020: 12, 10, 79
2019: 10, 8, 42

IMG_8394.jpeg

On the pod, AP said we should feel positive about this one. He thinks he will announce something in the next 24-72 hours, either a commitment or more visits. If more visits, it probably doesn't bode well for us
Probably about as positive as it’s going to get with AP these days after he’s been burnt by kids so many times.

While we’re comparing Kiffin and Heupel, I thought it might be interesting to compare Harbaugh’s trajectory at Michigan, since they just won a NC.

Harbaugh obviously inherited a much better situation than Heupel. But Heupel nonetheless did better in Years 2 & 3. Also, notice how common the 3rd year dip (after a 2nd year “we’re back” season) is with successful program-building coaches. Same thing happened with Urban Meyer at Florida, Stoops at OU, and others.

It took Harbaugh until his 7th year to make the CFP, then he made it for 3 straight years (obviously, the CFP expansion will make that easier for Heupel). He won the NC in his 9th season.

Also of note, these are the recruiting class rankings that comprised Michigan’s NC-winning roster, according to 247:

2023: 20 (overall), 17 (composite), 17 (transfer)
2022: 12, 9, 56
2021: 13, 13, 39
2020: 12, 10, 79
2019: 10, 8, 42

View attachment 608442
Thanks for sharing! I’ve always been one who thinks that recruiting rankings don’t matter nearly as much as developing the talent. Not to say recruiting isn’t crucial to a program, but I’d rather have a coach who can develop 3 and 4*s into nfl caliber talent than someone who gets the flashy recruits and nothing really pans out from that. Michigan’s success gives me hope for Heupel. Of course our fanbase just needs to remain patient…

Im sure his job is harder than it was before NIL. He has to bring people information about recruits and put his name on it. The kids change their mind and he looks like he doesn’t know what he talking about. People trash him constantly over it so it’s easier just to say it’s $9.99 fluid.
he has more relationships with current, prospective, and former player than likely this entire board.

has said he enjoys creating intrigue, and wont give away a kid's decision.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. The dynamic is definitely interesting. Someone with more time than me could figure out the ROI return to the athletic department from making a national championship game or even winning. Not just from the singular game but with all things value added.
Looks like, as of 2021-2022, it was 6 million per playoff team paid to their conference, with each conference having their own internal rules for distribution. There appears to be no more $$$ for championship winners, except for additional $$$ to cover expenses of playing in the championship game.

Yeah. The dynamic is definitely interesting. Someone with more time than me could figure out the ROI return to the athletic department from making a national championship game or even winning. Not just from the singular game but with all things value added.

I have no idea what the ROI is but the possibility of an enrollment explosion is there. Saban had that effect on Alabama after their first title with him. We saw a huge enrollment increase after the 2022 success. This is why the academic side should support the athletic side as both can benefit.

Reactions: Franklin_Vol09
I have no idea what the ROI is but the possibility of an enrollment explosion is there. Saban had that effect on Alabama after their first title with him. We saw a huge enrollment increase after the 2022 success. This is why the academic side should support the athletic side as both can benefit.
We are already seeing this at UT, I don’t know for sure that the massive increase in applications for admission are partly related to athletic improvements in W/L over the past two years- but whatever the cause it is enormous. I think they said only 37% of current freshman applicants will be accepted. Average GPA for newest freshmen is over 4.0, and we don’t have near enough dorm space. I’m sure a good amount of the increase is because of the college of Business.

on that note USC and UCLA moving to the Big-10 is kinda scary. There are only 3 teams in major colleges in mega markets. UCLA, USC, and Miami. IF someone gets their act together and organizes their collectives they will be almost impossible to compete with in NIL. Miami is stuck in the ACC and UCLA is the clippers in that breakdown to USC's Lakers. Imagine how scary that is? Hey you wanna be an actor, rapper date supermodels? Come to USC. Get NIL deals with stores on Rodeo Drive. No idea why no agency in Hollywood has organized it yet.
Because they don’t care about college sports and have way less true fans that care unlike those in college towns. Difference is that us in the sticks care about different things than those in Hollywood

This one has the feel of a NIL holdout. If so, not sure I like our chances. That's why I think AP is so wishy washy, and conservative here in his lack of prediction.

And why the resident insiders felt good, and are now silent.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

This one has the feel of a NIL holdout. If so, not sure I like our chances. That's why I think AP is so wishy washy, and conservative here in his lack of prediction.

And why the resident insiders felt good, and are now silent.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

lol if we land him you should change your avatar to chicken little for one month

VN Store

Back