LSU with weak first half

Not having Tillman will suck but I don't think LSU can keep up with our Offense. If Hooker is sharp and we don't turn it over I think we win by 10
There is literally no way they keep up with us. Auburn handed them that game so many times, and LSU refused to take it.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'm just not impressed by LSU at all. Tennessee should handle business next week.

Unless we do the whole "play to the level of our competition" thing that we tend to do like all the time.
I'm not either. However, the reason LSU beat Miss St and Auburn was second half mistakes. They had turnovers and muffed punts in both games. We don't make those mistakes, we win.

I'm just not impressed by LSU at all. Tennessee should handle business next week.

Unless we do the whole "play to the level of our competition" thing that we tend to do like all the time.
I’ve learned over the years not to ever take LSU for granted in Death Valley…that said i think our Vols show up and win a hard fought game.
Sets it up for a TOP 5 matchup in Knoxville vs saban and the dumbos

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVolunteer002
After watching this game, I’m not impressed with LSU. They seem a little one dimensional. However it looks like the players are beginning to buy-in and play for BK. They look much better than when they played FSU, but Auburn did have 4 turnovers.

Last edited:
While LSU didn't look good at all, the more concerning thing for them is certainly Daniel's health. I'm sure he will play, but if he can't run around like normal that seriously limits his effectiveness. I just don't think you can ask him to stand back there an be a pocket passer, particularly with a mediocre offensive line.

This. It's pretty obvious that the crowd has bothered lsu, which looks unfocused, out of synch and has committed some key penalties. Even so, despite a terrible first half they're only down 10. We will have to deal with both lsu and a loud, night crowd next week, and that won't be easy.

Very small night crowd for an 11AM kickoff.

LSU looks baaaaaad. If Auburn’s 3rd stringer looks like this against them, we will shred them.
Here we go again. UT is gonna kill someone....skull drag 'em. Really? LSU has talent. How they and we play NEXT WEEK and how they match up with us and us with them will determine the outcome not how they looked and played today.

Here we go again. UT is gonna kill someone....skull drag 'em. Really? LSU has talent. How they and we play NEXT WEEK and how they match up with us and us with them will determine the outcome not how they looked and played today.
I’m hoping that our defensive line can get to their quarterback enough to offset our bad secondary but our linebackers need to show up too. It’s going to be a tough challenge.

While LSU didn't look good at all, the more concerning thing for them is certainly Daniel's health. I'm sure he will play, but if he can't run around like normal that seriously limits his effectiveness. I just don't think you can ask him to stand back there an be a pocket passer, particularly with a mediocre offensive line.

As long as we don’t get their back up QB.

It will be a dogfight of a game. Everyone will give Tennessee their best shot. Defense has to improve and offensive line will be tested from LSU linemen. Also when is Dee Williams back? He is missing 1/3 of the season - Vols could use a high quality kick returner.

I think if we can get to 35 or 38 points, we win this game. LSU has started slow every game this year, we need to come out laser focused on execution next week to build a strong lead early. 21-28 points. I don’t think LSU has the passing game to come back from it.

Key factors will be is getting a fast start and capitalizing on LSU’s trend of having slow starts.

If we can get up 2-3 scores fast and stay on the throttle we will be fine.

We can’t turn the ball over.

LSU defense looks big and strong but I’m not sure how they can keep up with our pace if we make plays. I’m not sure what depth they have either.

We need 35 points to win this I think.

Reactions: I4Vols
I have not seen what I consider a dominant team in the SEC this year, Every team has a lot of flaws including the Vols. It looks like a toss up 3 to 7 point spread in most games Bama, UGA a little more in some cases. No a huge separation like last season. Coach and execute, get better each week.

Key factors will be is getting a fast start and capitalizing on LSU’s trend of having slow starts.

If we can get up 2-3 scores fast and stay on the throttle we will be fine.

We can’t turn the ball over.

LSU defense looks big and strong but I’m not sure how they can keep up with our pace if we make plays. I’m not sure what depth they have either.

We need 35 points to win this I think.

A way too intelligent post for early Sunday morning...

VN Store

Back