Make your own rumor

mbible1utk

Seeing as how Tennessee is really dragging out this hire, but Doug Mathews (and supposedly a couple of other big names) are saying the deal is "95% done" and that "we have our guy, we just haven't announced him yet"....

Perhaps we can atleast have a little fun with this.... maybe if Freak so choses we can even stake a gift card if anyone somehow correctly pairs the OC with the reason we can't announce him yet..

So let's throw out some "The Onion" grade rumors as to who it is and why they are 95%/not announced yet....

For fun, I'll start....

It's Jason Witten and the reason it's 95% done is that they keep swearing this is the last week before they fire him as a color commentator. In an ironic twist, ESPN says privately Witten is the next "John Madden"

Not a rumor. I have a solid source. That's "Al" I'll say about that.

It's Kiffin. He's already doing a secret deal to be on the cover of NCAA Football 19 in FAU garb, so they're working out how to change the cover art before it's announced.

WHAT?

giphy.gif

Since this is the fantasy league I may as well tell you all that my "source" is a much higher power than your "source." And he says the next one that starts a thread to guess at who the next OC for the Vols is will be thrown into the pit of misery and no Bud Light for two years. Dilly Dilly

Fulmer HC
Cut/Sanders Co OC
Chief/Atkins Co DC
Manning QB Recruiting Coord
Lewis/Henry RB
Martin WR
Haynesworth
Wilson LB
Johnson DB

Casey Clawsen GA
Johnathan Wade GA

Surely we could beat Vandy with this staff

Reactions: Volanta
It’s Arian Foster and No one on the stuff can speak Pterodactyl so we are having trouble communicating with him

What kind of stuff you gotta be on to speak Pterodactyl?

I heard of people on Krokodil eating people's faces off, but something that can make you speak
in a prehistoric Dinosaur language takes the cake.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Hugh Freeze was never in the running for OC. Instead, we offered him the QB Coach gig. He was so honored, he was speechless, so we passed on him.

Big Jim Haslam told me they were going BIG with this hire. They laid out enough money to pay the most ever for an offensive coordinator. The deal is 95% done. Lovie's plane is back! #GBO. He will be the defensive coordinator. Will Friend will get a record deal to run the O.

Keep it between us though. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

Not just a rumor, told by a player - Propst is headed to UT Friday evening.

Now, for speculation, same player's family believes he will be offered the job and he will accept it and sign over the weekend.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back