March Madness Selection Show

Q about bracket locations……is it always East (upper left), West (lower left), South (upper right) and Midwest (lower right). I can’t ever remember to compare year to year….anyone??
I think the number 1 overall seed is in the top left and the 4th 1 seed is in the bottom left. Then 2nd number 1 in the top right with the 3rd number 1 in the bottom right.

He probaly is gonna be right
I've probably read 20 or so of your posts in the last two days, and at least 15 of them were in some way negative about Tennessee basketball. No true fan is as negative as this. You are either not even a Tennessee fan at all, or you are looking for attention. Why waste time following something which makes you unhappy?

What are you taking about? Who is name calling?
Asking why the calling of the allbarn coach names like Brucifer because of his comments about bracket placement when I did not see them made about us in the recent past and previous years for similar comments. In other words, it does not make one look smart and even minded by associating negative with one situation (team on does not like), but not associating it with another (the team one likes).

Their coach has a point. We have made comments about the bracket placement here through time, but it's ok if we do that.

Poor UCONN, everyone in the world is picking them to win. That means that there's basically zero chance that it happens.
Dicky V has KY winning it all.....He also has UT in the Final 4 if I heard correctly.

I've heard 3 people say KY will make the final game....Don't see a team that plays no defense making it to the final game.

The time has come fellas. Here is how I currently see it shaking out when the bracket is revealed tonight.

1-Seeds:

1. UConn (EAST)
2. Purdue (MIDWEST)
3. Houston (SOUTH)
4. North Carolina (WEST)

2-Seeds:

5. Tennessee (MIDWEST)
6. Iowa State (EAST)
7. Arizona (WEST)
8. Marquette (SOUTH)

The regions Tennessee, Iowa State, and Marquette are sent too are the harder pieces of the puzzle to determine if you don’t understand the bracketing principles.

Basing it off mileage, the Midwest region would be the closest for all 3 teams (Tennessee, Iowa State, Marquette). Per the committee’s bracketing principles, the top 4 teams from each conference will be placed in separate regions. So the South is eliminated for Iowa State and the East is eliminated for Marquette. So if the seed list above is correct….

Tennessee will be in the Midwest with Purdue.

Iowa State will be in the East with UConn.

Marquette will be in the South with Houston.

Since the committee bracketing principles state that teams on the 2-seed line will be placed in their most natural region in true seed list order, Tennessee would be placed in their most natural region first. And then Marquette and Iowa State would be placed in the other two regions opposite of their fellow conference teams on the 1-line.

It will be interesting to see how the bubble shapes up and which teams are slated on the 7 and 10 seed lines. Happy March! Let the Madness begin.
Good Job!

Indiana State with the ultimate screw job. Their net was pretty ridiculous. They have to be the highest net team to get told no thx

Reactions: Lankykong
UAB winning the American did not realize Andy Kennedy was their coach good to see him getting back into the dance.
Yeah, he got tossed against Memphis two weeks ago and I was here for it. They blew a massive lead and got whipped, though. It was one of the biggest shifts I’ve ever seen. 20 point lead to a 15 point deficit in little time.

Indiana State with the ultimate screw job. Their net was pretty ridiculous. They have to be the highest net team to get told no thx
They had 1 Q1 win and a Q4 loss. They played Alabama and Michigan State in non conference, and then no one else. Their conference plays 20 games, which is not helpful. A team like that needs to play like five P5 non conference games because the losses don’t hurt them.

I can’t get over how brutal the East is. Four power conference tournament champs as the top 4 seeds. All of those are Final Four caliber teams. It’s a shame only one of them can make it.

Asking why the calling of the allbarn coach names like Brucifer because of his comments about bracket placement when I did not see them made about us in the recent past and previous years for similar comments. In other words, it does not make one look smart and even minded by associating negative with one situation (team on does not like), but not associating it with another (the team one likes).

Their coach has a point. We have made comments about the bracket placement here through time, but it's ok if we do that.
You definitely need to stay out of the Politics Forum if selective outrage bothers you.

These “easy path” posts are funny. First, several of those teams with “easy paths” will be out of the tournament first weekend. Second, some of the teams in their path will get beat early as well. They won’t be playing with a chalk scenario.

VN Store

Back