Mario Cristobal being thrown around on VQ

Says on VQ (I’m just the messenger!!!) that he was unhappy about the way the PAC-12 handled this last year and thinks it’s gonna be difficult to win a natty in the PAC-12
still wouldn't explain why he didn't go to auburn when they had the opening lol

I am a Malzahn (55) fan. I understand that Cristobal (50) is also a popular choice. Experience --- Auburn (SEC) vs Oregon (PAC-12) Records Gus 77-38 overall and 68-35 at Auburn -- Mario 52-57 losing record, 21-7 at Oregon. Gus Malzahn, BCS National Champs first year. In 2019 #12 Auburn (Malzahn) beat Bama and played#18 Minnesota in the Outback bowl. Auburn lost. #6 Ducks beat #8 Wisconsin in Rose bowl. Both are similar coaches. I think Malzahn got a bad deal from Auburn fans and Admin. Oregon does not play the competition the SEC puts up.

still wouldn't explain why he didn't go to auburn when they had the opening lol

Maybe they didn't offer enough. I mean they are paying Gus like 20 million not to coach there. Mario got a pretty good raise out of it too. Just playing devil's advocate here.

I am a Malzahn (55) fan. I understand that Cristobal (50) is also a popular choice. Experience --- Auburn (SEC) vs Oregon (PAC-12) Records Gus 77-38 overall and 68-35 at Auburn -- Mario 52-57 losing record, 21-7 at Oregon. Gus Malzahn, BCS National Champs first year. In 2019 #12 Auburn (Malzahn) beat Bama and played#18 Minnesota in the Outback bowl. Auburn lost. #6 Ducks beat #8 Wisconsin in Rose bowl. Both are similar coaches. I think Malzahn got a bad deal from Auburn fans and Admin. Oregon does not play the competition the SEC puts up.
I'd love Malzahn...he was at the top of my list. However I'm not convinced of his desire to coach right now, given his hefty buyout, or the necessity for him to take over our dumpster fire to find a job.

Another Day, Another Name picked out of the air. Who will it be tomorrow? Gary Patterson? The news media and sportscasters have no idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
Not to mention he has a very good team coming back this season! He'd be nuts to want to come coach in this mess.

Exactly.

Shough at QB slipped up late in the season but they are very young. Hadn't seen if Verdell was sticking around or not but they look to be good next year.

And it would be a bad look to bail on a contract extension barely a month after signing it.

The dude is making 2.7. That's not exactly top tier pay....correction he got a raise to 4.5. still very beatable.

Was corrected on that 27 post ago.

Still think he is nuts to jump in this mess with an easier path to the playoffs out West.

Thanks.

VN Store

Back