Media bias

They talked about the Heisman winner and his teammates, guys who are repeat AAs, and the 4 teams in the playoffs and who from those 4 teams made AA teams, with the exception of the Texas RB, who is in the backfield with the Heisman winner so there's that connection, which you failed to complain about. My god, it's not that difficult, and it certainly is not this big conspiracy.

Isn’t the Heisman a media vote. So they are one and the same here.
The Same media that voted AP All Americans
1st team- Williams
2nd Team- Duggan
3rd Team- Hooker
Hooker an all American but Bennett is not. I ask the questions how is Bennett one of the best in the country when he not on the all American list or SEC POY?

They talked about the Heisman winner and his teammates, guys who are repeat AAs, and the 4 teams in the playoffs and who from those 4 teams made AA teams, with the exception of the Texas RB, who is in the backfield with the Heisman winner so there's that connection, which you failed to complain about. My god, it's not that difficult, and it certainly is not this big conspiracy.

Wait… are you saying the world doesn’t revolve around TN football and every non-mention is not an affront to the program, the players, and the fans?

1st team- Williams
2nd Team- Duggan
3rd Team- Hooker
Hooker an all American but Bennett is not. I ask the questions how is Bennett one of the best in the country when he not on the all American list or SEC POY?
That’s my point. How does Bennett even come close to NY?

That’s my point. How does Bennett even come close to NY?
If you look at the actual votes he didn’t come close at all. Either did Stroud, actually. Bennett was clearly a token invitee just to build suspense and tension.

1st team- Williams
2nd Team- Duggan
3rd Team- Hooker

LOL
Stetson wuz robbed!

From the bottom of my heart, screw Stetson Bennett. Fine with him getting shorted ( pun intended) on any and all AA lists and awards.

The media is composed of human beings. Of course they're biased. All of us are. If you point out the media bias, which is real, they'll point out your bias, which is also real.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
1st team- Williams
2nd Team- Duggan
3rd Team- Hooker
Because it’s like “Who’s line is it anyway!”.
It’s all made up and the points don’t matter.

Do some of you have nothing better to do then sit around and find ways to get offended?
Nailed it. It’s got to be an exhausting way to live. I’ve read that the mark of a truly humble person is that he/she is almost impossible to offend. Then there are those who are always seeing a slight or reason to feel offended over anything.

Can we as fans stop looking for reasons to be butt hurt by media articles? It's like such fans insist on being battered Vols. Id' rather read/listen to articles about BBQ recipes for chicken, beef, bison, elf, mutton, and other game meats. Or recipes for dandelion-turnip greens recipes, creamed stinging nettles dishes, roasted taro root, anything other than something to feel victimized by. Screw media, long live good eating!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1989Vol

VN Store

Back