Media Picks on UT and UK games

Mizzou played bad against Vandy, but of course so did we. I understand them picking UK after last week. If we come out with the same offense we will beat mizzou. But we dont even have a single player on the team who has ever won a true road game.

As for UT, I don't get it. They have a legit shot to beat a bad USCjr team with UT's good defense.

Preconceived notions are hard to shake in the media.

They believed that MU and USCe would compete for the East. To the media, they have underperformed thus they assume that playing "weaker" opponents that they'll play closer to expectations.

Those who convinced themselves that these two teams would lose the production they lost and not drop off... just aren't ready to give it up yet.

I think UT and UK win. I would not be completely surprised if one or both are comfortable wins.

The Kentucky game worries me more than the South Carolina game does. With South Carolina you don't know which team will show up. Kentucky has been playing pretty goo all year with really no great deviation in play. I think we can /should win both but they will be close.

ESPN selections this week are interesting. They unanimously picked UT to lose, despite vegas having the game at less than a TD.

Even more telling is that 6 out of 7 picked UK to beat Mizzou on the road! (Vegas has UM favored by 7.5).

Before totally dismissing them, here are their records on the year, and they are pretty damn good:

Standings
Edward Aschoff: 64-11
Greg Ostendorf: 64-11
Jeff Barlis: 63-12
Chris Low: 63-12
David Ching: 62-13
Alex Scarborough: 61-14
Sam Khan Jr.: 57-18

When was the last time UK would have been picked to win on the road?? In my mind SCAR should be considered the hardest remaining game we have. Am I overlooking UK because they have historically been our #$%#?

I'm not one for bumps, but I couldn't resist this one.

Reactions: 2 people
ESPN selections this week are interesting. They unanimously picked UT to lose, despite vegas having the game at less than a TD.

Even more telling is that 6 out of 7 picked UK to beat Mizzou on the road! (Vegas has UM favored by 7.5).

Before totally dismissing them, here are their records on the year, and they are pretty damn good:

Standings
Edward Aschoff: 64-11
Greg Ostendorf: 64-11
Jeff Barlis: 63-12
Chris Low: 63-12
David Ching: 62-13
Alex Scarborough: 61-14
Sam Khan Jr.: 57-18

When was the last time UK would have been picked to win on the road?? In my mind SCAR should be considered the hardest remaining game we have. Am I overlooking UK because they have historically been our #$%#?

Add a loss to all those goons records. Jive turkeys.

Can't wait to see the picks for UT-UK and UT-Mizzou. I'm guessing they'll like us at home over UK and notsomuch for Mizzou. I think we take both games. AJ wants to go to a bowl, and Dobbs has the team believing.

Yeah, I've always said that Saban feels other teams pain and always lets off the gas to let the other team feel good about themselves. He likes to let every team get within 10 points to start the 4th qtr. when he has a big lead. I guess the gas pedal was sticking vs Tam. 59-0.

This bye week is huge for the defense. I think they have just been out of gas from the stretch. Rest is key at this point. Winning out is a real possibility if my thoughts hold true.

Who should we expect to see back for KY that has been hurt?

I think we win out. I have a lot of faith in our defense, despite their showing against USCe (which actually has a lot of talent on O and the OBC calling plays). I haven't been impressed with either Mizzu, nor UK when it comes to their Os. And I like the looks of our O against their Ds.

Bottom line, I think our run D will look good against our remaining opponents. I think our D line will be able to pressure the remaining QBs. And I don't see a defense left on our schedule that can shut down the combination of Dobbs/Hurd/UT WR corp.

I'll be prepared for a bump if I'm wrong. lol

VN Store

Back