'20 MI RB Peny Boone

Running back Peny Boone is one of a pair of four-star prospects at Detroit’s Martin Luther King High School in the 2020 class, and he is starting to make some decisions about his recruitment. “I am narrowing it down to a few schools,” Boone reported. “Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee, Kentucky, Purdue and Cincinnati, those are the (top) six right now.”
On Feb. 27 Boone posted, “I will be committing soon,” to his Twitter account, but has since decided to take things a little slower before rendering a verdict on his college destination. “I was thinking about (committing) soon, but then I talked to my dad,” Boone said. “So, it’s probably going to be around May.” In preparation for an eventual decision Boone has been visiting his top schools. Last week he made stops at Cincinnati, Kentucky and Tennessee. While Boone had made campus visits to Cincinnati and Kentucky, he had not been to Knoxville previously.
“It was my first time going down there and I liked it,” Boone said of Tennessee. “When you first go in there they have you on this elevator and you go up to the practice field. I liked how that was set up. Then, I liked the atmosphere. When we went in the coach was fired up.” Boone has no immediate plans for additional campus visits, but he is considering traveling to East Lansing on Saturday to see Michigan State host Michigan in basketball.
-Rivals

Allen Trieu changed his CB from UT to "foggy" and said distance a factor and likely stays closer to home. Watch for Mich State and Indiana.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
This kid and Ebony Jackson, 2 RB's, both commit to Maryland this weekend. Wow. No wonder Under Armour apparel costs so much.

Maryland will be getting a lot of baggage if they sign both of these guys. One or both will likely have to get their grades in order and change their attitudes if they sign for the 2020 class.

Big back....we offered out of HS....does he have the speed for SEC? 4.8 40...used sparingly 4.5 YPC

40 time is not always the best indicator for success at RB. Vision, quickness, lower body explosiveness, 10 yard split times, and 20 yard split time can be much more essential. Not saying we should go after this kid, but too much emphasis is often placed on 40 times.

Inside Scoop of On3 saying he’s someone to watch for Tennessee….quality depth piece? Change of pace?

VN Store

Back