Michigan coming after Brian Jean-Mary... [official — He’s gone]

at this point, I'm not sure what direction Tim Banks will go. Banks has been in coaching since 1997. He knows alot of coaches in the business and having been at now 9 places, he has plenty of ties to guys. Guys who might have been GA's where he was years ago.

So he could go in a million directions here. Banks has also coached linebackers before. I would be surprised if he did that and they hired a safeties coach before for the last 10+ years Banks has been a DB's coach and I think they like having a corners coach and a safeties coach.

But again he could go in a million directions here and we are trying to figure it out.

One thing that is growing in college sports is assistants getting 3 years deals even as non-coordinators. Tennessee has in the past only done 2 year deals for assistants and 3 year deals for coordinators. Jean-Mary is getting a three year deal at Michigan.
hubbs

Exactly. Why would he go back for the same position he left?

got a 3 year deal, CO-DC title, More $$$ and working for a really good friend. Not same position..

Update: AP said UT was willing to make him CO-DC and the money was about the same. Just would not go to 3 year deal.

Last edited:
More important than the lousy weather up there:

UT is about to come off our scholarship sanctions while MI is likely to pick up some challenges if the NCAA lives that long.

college gameday sport GIF

VN Store

Back