Mike Canales it is !! [RUMOR]

May not have wanted Helfrich because it had been ten years since Helfrich called plays and when he did call plays at Colorado they were not very good.

Even if Helfrich and Butch were on the same page with the position....without an AD in place...it is going to be hard to hire a big name...

4_zpsgesmaedc.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I know Butch hating is the cool thing for some of you right now, but this is a great hire!

We needed a great QB coach who could improve our passing game and that's 100% what we got. He was on staff with BYU in the 80's as a grad assistant. He coached Phillip Rivers at NCST (with Norm Chow). He coached Matt Grothe (one of the best qb's in school history) at USF and made him look phenomenal in his first year as a starter (something we need now).

The guy has a ton of experience and impressive ties to air raid/west coast guys when it comes to the passing game. This would be a great move if it's true.

Reactions: 2 people
I know Butch hating is the cool thing for some of you right now, but this is a great hire!

We needed a great QB coach who could improve our passing game and that's 100% what we got. He was on staff with BYU in the 80's as a grad assistant. He coached Phillip Rivers at NCST (with Norm Chow). He coached Matt Grothe (one of the best qb's in school history) at USF and made him look phenomenal in his first year as a starter (something we need now).

The guy has a ton of experience and impressive ties to air raid/west coast guys when it comes to the passing game. This would be a great move if it's true.

He has a lot of experience but not a lot of good experience

Reactions: 1 person
Eh, I have decided to just stop trying my thoroughly amateur attempts at evaluating D1 football hires. Put something on the field and we will see what happens. I think Butch knows that whoever he hires, it must work well next season. No more mediocrity, it is beyond time to compete with everyone we face.

Proof that Ice can be sold to Eskimos

Reactions: 6 people
Apparently Canales was an OC for USF back in the 90s, but I just went back to 2000. So, in the 2000s-2010s era, he was OC during 11 seasons for 3 different teams. The combined record of those teams during that time was 49-73.

Canales was QB coach with Phillip Rivers for 2 years in NCSTATE fifteen years ago. Other than that, he has been very mediocre. Jmo

Butch controls everything it isn't even right to blame his coordinators. He wants total control of everything we could hire Bellichik and Nick Saban and everything would look the same with Butch here.

It's comical that people actually think other head coaches are hands off.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back