Mike Hamilton Editing His Own Wikipedia Page?

Just happened to look at Mike Hamilton's Wikipedia page today. Definitely feels like Hamilton or someone associated with him is editing his Wikipedia page.

Wikipedia: Mike Hamilton

Here is an excerpt:

Kinda missed the bits about running the football program into the ground and virtually bankrupting the athletic department.
Firing the winningest football coach in modern history, replacing him with Kiffen, then Dooley, running off Delmonico and replacing him with Todd Raleigh, what's not to like about him? He also had the foresight to fix a million dollar golden parachute for himself.

Reactions: VolNExile
It was time for Fulmer to go. The way it was handled, from the termination to the (lack of) search due diligence was appalling. The first part is an 80/20 split between Hamilton and Fulmer himself. CPF was not going to go gracefully in any event, but there were better ways to handle that from Hamilton's end. The search and subsequent actions? All on Hamilton.

[QUOTE="VolInNW, post: 16812559, member: 71525"]It was time for Fulmer to go. The way it was handled, from the termination to the (lack of) search due diligence was appalling. The first part is an 80/20 split between Hamilton and Fulmer himself. CPF was not going to go gracefully in any event, but there were better ways to handle that from Hamilton's end. The search and subsequent actions? All on Hamilton.[/QUOTE]

Hindsight says this statement is false. It's to bad we will never know if CPF could have righted the ship. Would have saved a lot of us the heartache of the last decade of doldrums.

Reactions: hexnut
Since leaving UT, Mr. Hamilton has held leadership positions at two separate charities. Blood:Water and Show Hope.

Below are some specifics about each of those charities. Hamilton was with Blood:Water from 11-14 and Show Hope from 14-Present if you’re curious about his impact on those charities.

https://showhope.org/about-us/staff-board/mike-hamilton/

Charity Navigator - Rating for Show Hope

Charity Navigator - Rating for Blood:Water
They don't appear highly rated. Was that the point?

It was time for Fulmer to go. The way it was handled, from the termination to the (lack of) search due diligence was appalling. The first part is an 80/20 split between Hamilton and Fulmer himself. CPF was not going to go gracefully in any event, but there were better ways to handle that from Hamilton's end. The search and subsequent actions? All on Hamilton.

Hindsight says this statement is false. It's to bad we will never know if CPF could have righted the ship. Would have saved a lot of us the heartache of the last decade of doldrums.
I have to disagree. XDH (first husband) was deeply involved with the UTAD at this time. No telling what made this happen, but CPF (who I deeply admire otherwise) did seem to go into some sort of what-ev mode, and recruiting definitely suffered.

But the firing was SO appallingly handled, and there was obviously no succession plan in place. No wonder that everything went to hell.

Very happy with CPF as AD. I don’t have any romantic wishes for him to have stayed on as coach back in the day. FWIW.

I have to agree with this sentiment. I always thought he should have retired much earlier. If I recall, his wife Vicky stated she mentioned to him after the National Championship that maybe he should retire. I agree that no matter what, Fulmer was not going to go graciously. They even offered him a cushy job within the AD department but he wouldn't have it. To me, he seemed to feel as though he was entitled.

I have often wondered if he was just trying to hang on long enough to break Neylands record.

I have to agree with this sentiment. I always thought he should have retired much earlier. If I recall, his wife Vicky stated she mentioned to him after the National Championship that maybe he should retire. I agree that no matter what, Fulmer was not going to go graciously. They even offered him a cushy job within the AD department but he wouldn't have it. To me, he seemed to feel as though he was entitled.

I have often wondered if he was just trying to hang on long enough to break Neylands record.

Ever consider that Fulmer's recruiting likely suffered as a result of the Albert Means scandal? Negative recruiting is a way of life in college football, and Bama was out for revenge. Bama's near death was a case of Fulmer doing the right thing and nearly being burned at the stake for trying to keep recruiting at least halfway honest. And who knows what Hamilton was doing in the background. If Fulmer was guilty of anything, it was being too loyal to his staff and keeping Sanders around.

Ever consider that Fulmer's recruiting likely suffered as a result of the Albert Means scandal? Negative recruiting is a way of life in college football, and Bama was out for revenge. Bama's near death was a case of Fulmer doing the right thing and nearly being burned at the stake for trying to keep recruiting at least halfway honest. And who knows what Hamilton was doing in the background. If Fulmer was guilty of anything, it was being too loyal to his staff and keeping Sanders around.

I have often wondered how much the Means and entire Alabama situation played into his demise. I think what got Fulmer in the recruiting arena was that other teams were upgrading their coaches.

As for the Sanders situation, from what I understand, he would not actually allow him to fully be the coordinator. Sanders stated in an interview just before he “resigned” but coached from the press box, that his hands were sometimes tied. I did feel that Fulmer used him and allowed him to be the scape goat for a lot of blame and heat.

After Cutcliffe left, our offense became utterly predictable. Run on first, 3 yard out pattern on 2nd, and bubble screen on 3rd and 6. Rinse, repeat.

And, the most worrisome thing to me at the time, we had many, many more top flight recruits that, in Fulmer's words at the time, would 'fail to develop'.

Fulmer is the epitome of a VFL, and he is welcome in my house for dinner anytime, but let's be honest----------by 2003 or so, he was mailing it in for the paychecks.

Since leaving UT, Mr. Hamilton has held leadership positions at two separate charities. Blood:Water and Show Hope.

Below are some specifics about each of those charities. Hamilton was with Blood:Water from 11-14 and Show Hope from 14-Present if you’re curious about his impact on those charities.

https://showhope.org/about-us/staff-board/mike-hamilton/

Charity Navigator - Rating for Show Hope

Charity Navigator - Rating for Blood:Water

Perhaps Hammy should have stayed in charity work. He was damned charitable to himself with that golden parachute from UT.

Reactions: AM64
Just happened to look at Mike Hamilton's Wikipedia page today. Definitely feels like Hamilton or someone associated with him is editing his Wikipedia page.

Wikipedia: Mike Hamilton

Here is an excerpt:

Kinda missed the bits about running the football program into the ground and virtually bankrupting the athletic department.

Well, go look at it today.

Reactions: Backwards K

VN Store

Back