Mizzou's 98 million dollar Stadium Up-Grade

Maybe they'll get rid of the rocks and put in seats.

I don’t think it’s something they’ll ever consider. The rock “M” is part of two traditions they have. The first is that each year the rocks are placed and whitewashed by the freshmen before the first home game. The second is that the seniors on the team each take a rock from the "M" as a graduating souvenir after playing their final home game.

I don’t think it’s something they’ll ever consider. The rock “M” is part of two traditions they have. The first is that each year the rocks are placed and whitewashed by the freshmen before the first home game. The second is that the seniors on the team each take a rock from the "M" as a graduating souvenir after playing their final home game.

Why did we let the Flintstones into the SEC?

I was at the Broncos at Vikings game yesterday at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Only 65K seats but every one of them a chair back. It was nice not to be kneed in the back and fighting my neighbor for butt cheek space all game. I would allow it in Knoxville.

If Neyland had chairbacks in the whole stadium, your looking at a capacity of about 80k.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Neyland needs bigger seats it was fine in 1995 when I weighed 162 not so good now that I weigh 255 and I wear a size 38 to 40 pant size i

Reactions: VOLSONLY
doubt that every 5 start that sees it falls down in worship at the entrance...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU!
I doubt that even 3 and 4 stars do. Based on the number of comments regarding their "Up-grades", it sounds to me that most would NOT want this sort of thing at Neyland. It's time to work those phones, I've been told Neyland is going to get "Up-grades", you know to make the fan experience better, but if most Vol Fans are against this, then it would be just a waste of money. I don't know who to tell, but a call to the AD's office, or a letter or email, demanding Phils not spend out money on this type of thing, may be in order.
It should be noted with interest, how they paid for this 98 million dollar "up-grade", About half from gifts, and the other half from Bonds-against ticket revenue, and $800,000 of the 98,000,000 paid by the University! As it isn't costing the state of University but 800,000, we should look at the same kind of deal!!

Apologize for my ignorance here, but it does? Every time I see that stadium on tv I think if it as one of the worst stadiums in the SEC. What’s up with the hill with rocks on one end of the stadium? And the camera angles are different there than any other stadium, they’re really low, which makes the field look small or something. I don’t know, when I think great SEC stadiums, they don’t even sniff the list for me.

I don’t want Neyland to be anything other than an upgraded Neyland, not some knock off version of a stadium I have a low opinion of to begin with.
Excellent point-what ever upgrades that are planned, they need to be enticing enough to fill the seats. We don't need 25,000 no butts in seats (on average) per game. That is just too much revenue to write off.

Reactions: vettefool
Pretty sad. We should be pushing for the largest in the country again, not downsizing.
There's no point in doing that anymore. At one time it was a status thing, and it was cool to be at the top. But now there are too many options on Saturdays.

We need to focus on making it the best experience for every level of fan (which is where they will fail), so that fans who get a chance to come to a game will go back home and continue to support UT sports.

Reactions: I40flyer and twoffo
giphy (27).gif

Mizzou has finished it's 98 million dollar stadium upgrade, they've lost some cheap seats, but their now 65,000 seat look good, in fact the entire facility looks good, anyone going to the game? Post some photos! Loosing a few seat in order to upgrade the entire game day experience for the fans is a plus-and it increases revenue. Their stadium isn't Neyland, but it is very good, I'd like Neyland to become a Giant version.

Petite by SEC standards, yet double the capacity of Vandy's Commonwealth Stadium.

I suppose this means we can fit 50,000 Vol Fans this weekend!

VN Store

Back