'24 MO WR Ryan Wingo (Texas commit)

Weird but I kind of think we end up with this kid... even with all the hype and leading we've gotten lately with kids, only to come up short over and over again--- We've been consistent and check all the boxes of what he has stated he's looking for--- I also think we get Cole- if he picks GA with them pushing and pressuring him, then that is telling and we've dodged a bullet. I am hoping his parents cool his jets and he sees the big picture.

Mizzou just got a crystal ball. Everyone said not to worry about losing Jefferson because we’re getting Wingo. If not, we don’t have enough receivers and will have to hope we get them in the portal. Matthews and Staley are nice, but they are 2 of our top 4 next year. Need more.

Mizzou just got a crystal ball. Everyone said not to worry about losing Jefferson because we’re getting Wingo. If not, we don’t have enough receivers and will have to hope we get them in the portal. Matthews and Staley are nice, but they are 2 of our top 4 next year. Need more.
And there will be a line from Knoxville to Memphis waiting to transfer after we have another top offensive season. Only reason the recruits haven't caught up is because they have $$ in their eyes and they can't see how much more money they can make just being in our offense. It will be blatantly apparent after this year though.

AP has been off all cycle. I wouldn’t put much stock into what he’s saying.
I really don’t understand why people pay for the “team recruiting service” sites anymore. They started dying when, the early signing period window opened, and the rise of social media drove the nail in their coffin. Recruits just tell them what they want to hear and when they get it right every now and then they say “been holding onto this video”. And I still listen to the free podcasts…lol. Guess it’s hard to let go for me as well.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
They will not be in the top 4 next year. Maybe Matthews has a chance, but we have Squirrel, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock definitely returning. Plus the possibility of Thornton returning for his senior year. That doesn't include any possible portal additions and the coaches have added a portal WR every year so far.

They will not be in the top 4 next year. Maybe Matthews has a chance, but we have Squirrel, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock definitely returning. Plus the possibility of Thornton returning for his senior year. That doesn't include any possible portal additions and the coaches have added a portal WR every year so far.
Thank you for your rationality. Cripes everyone agrees Huepel develops talent and especially QB’s and WR’s.
then somehow everyone has this thought that whoever is good right now and a 5 star is all we have for next year. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Coach will develop WR’s!!! Relax people! Look what he did with less! Lol

No, everybody said not to worry about losing Jefferson bc he plays WR and our HC is Josh Heupel.

Also a crystal ball for a guy who plans to commit in Dec doesn’t mean anything.

Thornton is just a Sophomore, he will be returning next year

Thornton is a junior
I hope he only stays one year. That means he blew the hell up this coming season and got drafted early! This is my pick to click out of any new addition we have this year. Bru, Thornton, Keyton and Squirrel will be a well orchestrated quartet this year featuring Joe as maestro. Then let Wingo and whoever else is choosing rocks in the endzone to take home on senior night or anywhere else at that point. Imagine if we had back to back Biletnikoff winners at UT? Who wouldn't want to play offense here? The whole route tree BS that is spewed by some media is ridiculous. The route tree might be simplified in this system for a receiver but isn't that part of the reason we're so successful? Our receivers are elite at the routes they are asked to run and also are elite at blocking on the perimeter. A receiver can be taught how to perfect a specific route or routes their not as polished on. The immeasurable 5* physical attributes plus this system is going to be cheat code good for a long time.

Last edited:
Thank you for your rationality. Cripes everyone agrees Huepel develops talent and especially QB’s and WR’s.
then somehow everyone has this thought that whoever is good right now and a 5 star is all we have for next year. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Coach will develop WR’s!!! Relax people! Look what he did with less! Lol

I hope he only stays one year. That means he blew the hell up this coming season and got drafted early! This is my pick to click out of any new addition we have this year. Bru, Thornton, Keyton and Squirrel will be a well orchestrated quartet this year featuring Joe as maestro. Then let Wingo and whoever else is choosing rocks in the endzone to take home on senior night or anywhere else at that point. Imagine if we had back to back Biletnikoff winners at UT? Who wouldn't want to play offense here? The whole route tree BS that is spewed by some media is ridiculous. The route tree might be simplified in this system for a receiver but isn't that part of the reason we're so successful? Our receivers are elite at the routes they are asked to run and also are elite at blocking on the perimeter. A receiver can be tought how to perfect a specific route or routes their not as polished on. The immeasurable 5* physical attributes plus this system is going to be cheat code good for a long time.
Oh, forgot to mention Sprinkle in an even better running game and an even better threat from the TE position and I think we should be just fine this year and years moving forward.

VN Store

Back