More Boilermakers out

My good friend has it, hes 62, had both Moderna shots and booster, no symptoms but has tested positive.

I don’t think the shots (especially Pfizer) are very effective in preventing someone from getting Covid after a few weeks but the shots are very good at lowering the symptoms IMO. My wife and I are in our 70s and had the 2 Pfizer shots and we both got Covid last summer. I had sore joints and tired for about 4 days and my wife just had sniffles for a couple days.
I think with the current variant, if you had your shots just live your life as normal. If you have any of the symptoms, stay home for a week. JMO.

Reactions: memtownvol
I'll take 8-5 in Heupel's first year (and the recruiting momentum that will come of it) anyway we can get it.

We're not getting any recruiting momentum by beating a team not even ranked in the top 25. Beating Bama, Florida and Georgia will do that. Bowling Green, vandy, South Alabama, Tennessee tech, South Carolina, Missouri will not (none are in top 25) . Kentucky is 25th. 8-5 isn't a record thats going to turn heads.

We're not getting any recruiting momentum by beating a team not even ranked in the top 25. Beating Bama, Florida and Georgia will do that. Bowling Green, vandy, South Alabama, Tennessee tech, South Carolina, Missouri will not (none are in top 25) . Kentucky is 25th. 8-5 isn't a record thats going to turn heads.
Out performing expectations gets peoples attention. Numerous articles have been written about CJH exceeding expectations this year. It helps big time IMO.

I don’t think the shots (especially Pfizer) are very effective in preventing someone from getting Covid after a few weeks but the shots are very good at lowering the symptoms IMO. My wife and I are in our 70s and had the 2 Pfizer shots and we both got Covid last summer. I had sore joints and tired for about 4 days and my wife just had sniffles for a couple days.
I think with the current variant, if you had your shots just live your life as normal. If you have any of the symptoms, stay home for a week. JMO.

This seems to be the current version of what they want us to believe. Of course, a lot of people got the original variant and had light to no symptoms. I'm glad you and your wife came through it okay.

And we won't lose any momentum by losing to this team ranked outside the top 25? Winning three more than you lost looks a lot better than winning one more than you lost (and both look a lot better than losing two more than you won, as our last three coaches did in their first years).

It's going to take small gradual improvements to beat one of the top two (Florida should be within reach next year). Winning this game, however we win it, is one of those necessary improvements.

I'll never understand this line of thinking. Beating someone that's nowhere near their best means exactly what? If it's just a win hell let's move to the MAC. We can get all kinds there

In 90 days nobody will remember that x# of players missed the game. In 1 year when people consider Heupel's status, they will only know a W or L. In a decade it will either be "We won or lost to Purdue". Sad but true.

I have had COVID twice, in February before they closed everything down and again (Delta) in August. I am fully immunized with booster and have antibodies from both the infection and immunizations according to my MD. My wife has O- blood will not get the vaccine and has no antibodies and can not seem to get it. She has been going everywhere and recently retired from a medical facility. Go figure.

The original COVID was like a mild case of the flu and the second time like a light cold. I am a senior slightly obese diabetic male out in the work force every day with lots of exposure.

Just mysterious to me how the disease is picking winners and losers.
Good. Vitamin D is your friend. Mother nature provides it freely on a daily basis.
People need to get outside more often.

Th

They’re not covering their noses on purpose so that they’ll get sick and not have to play.

Here's the problem. These super-spreaders don't care enough to save the rest of us with this simple little solution. :-D
605b7bb4ae808b2660726075_o_U_v2.jpg

At this point, it's become a convenient excuse to cancel bowl games for teams with a lot of opt-outs and transfers, it seems. I highly doubt any of the bigger bowl games/playoff games are canceled or moved at all.

It has. The company I work for and the business I own has both used it when desired to get the proper results. The hotel I just stayed at has no breakfast because of "Covid". So you have to walk across street to sit with the 50 people in Awful House to get breakfast, LOL.

Just announced, #2 WR, starting CB and starting tackle not playing in bowl game for Purdue. Things are looking better all the time. GBO.

Hard for me to be excited about beating teams that are crippled by missing players. Much rather both teams be at full strength and to win against teams at their best.

Tennessee could always move to the Southern Conference if we want to just play teams with no chance to win..

VN Store

Back