More Boilermakers out

The risk is two fold, our guys could get over confident, and Purdue coach could get his players motivated to win against their odds. Not uncommon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I may piss some people off but I think the schools should sue these people that opt out because they agreed in exchange for a years worth of scholarship they would play a seasons worth of football.
TOTALLIY AGREE.......WHEN A PLAYER SIGNS WITH A SCHOOL FOR A FREE RIDE IT MEANS EVERY GAME !!!!!! THIS MUST BE INCLUDED IN HIS CONTRACT OR THIS WILL DESTROY BOWL GAMES !!!!

IMO, these mid & lower tier bowl games are truly becoming just exhibition games, w/ folks opting out.

But, we've been operating with one hand behind our back all year b/c of how many players left...we were just really fortunate that we had a coach and a QB/team who performed above expectations...so, I'll take the win any way it comes to us, if it works out like that.

I am going to say what alot of guys I played football with who are no longer with us would have said: "Even if by forfeit? You wussie!"

We're not getting any recruiting momentum by beating a team not even ranked in the top 25. Beating Bama, Florida and Georgia will do that. Bowling Green, vandy, South Alabama, Tennessee tech, South Carolina, Missouri will not (none are in top 25) . Kentucky is 25th. 8-5 isn't a record thats going to turn heads.
I totally disagree with you. Recruits (unless they are really dialed into your program) are not going to see who played and who did not. They will see Tennessee won 8 games with a new coach and a new offensive and defensive scheme. They will think Tennessee really outperformed expectations and consider is as a team on the rise instead of a team buried in the SEC cellar.

why do people keep saying things like this?

Schools and conferences are just following protocols to cancel games. There are 41 NCAA basketball games already cancelled this week through Saturday.

If the protocols need to be changed, that is not up to the individual schools. that belongs to conferences or states the schools reside in.

Everyone is just following the individual guidelines they have to work under.

Could happen to our programs at any time..
They are dodging Wake because Calzada left

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
the SEC would have a say about any cancellations. it costs the league money from the bowl.. SEC not giving up millions because a player left..
All the players that were supposedly positive are probably clear by now. They are scared of Wake. They wouldn’t be doing this if it was a more reputable opponent

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'll never understand this line of thinking. Beating someone that's nowhere near their best means exactly what? If it's just a win hell let's move to the MAC. We can get all kinds there

Right now we need positive optics for the program so if its beating up on someone whos not 100 percent who cares. Selling wins and improvement to recruits are number 1 on the board. We can worry about your point of view after 2 more classes and when we should be rolling .......just my opinion

Reactions: lukeneyland
Hard for me to be excited about beating teams that are crippled by missing players. Much rather both teams be at full strength and to win against teams at their best.

Tennessee could always move to the Southern Conference if we want to just play teams with no chance to win..
I don't believe we flinched at playing Bama, Georgia, and 6 other SEC teams this year.

This has getting cancelled for “Covid” protocols in Purdue’s program written all over it. You can’t convince me that Texas am didn’t run from their game and I could see Purdue doing the same with all these opt outs/missing players. Hopefully the game happens but the more players they announce are going to be missing the more I worry the game will get cancelled
They aren't even in protocols. The WR and CB are out due to academics. The Tackle seemingly is possibly out for an injury I believe.

It's great that Tennessee made a bowl this year. Beyond that, the only thing anyone will remember is who won their bowl game. On opening day 2022, no one outside of Volnation, and whatever the Purdue message board is will care. Come mid season 2022, all but a few of those on the team's boards will care.

JUST WIN

Last edited:

VN Store

Back